You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

10 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Alive day and a half. I had it 5-4 Porter at the time of the stoppage and thought Kenny Porter stopped it prematurely , but he knows his son way better than I do. Hell of a fucking boxing match.

I had it the exact same. But, round by round Crawford was beginning to time him coming in, waiting for him to overreach, fall in or make a mistake. Porter boxed really well and Crawford showed he's a tough motherfucker to the people who may not have known by now.

Really high quality bout. Rewatched it again today. 

Fingers crossed Spence steps up as it looks like Crawford is doing everything possible to fight him. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

I had it the exact same. But, round by round Crawford was beginning to time him coming in, waiting for him to overreach, fall in or make a mistake. Porter boxed really well and Crawford showed he's a tough motherfucker to the people who may not have known by now.

Really high quality bout. Rewatched it again today. 

Fingers crossed Spence steps up as it looks like Crawford is doing everything possible to fight him. 

It is the best fight in boxing, but I've always had the feeling that Spence, or his handlers, do not want to fight Crawford. I couldn't split them and feel it would be a pick 'em, but he's never acted or spoken in any way that made me think it was a fight he wanted.

In fairness to Spence, who would want to fight a switch-hitter, master boxer with power in both hands and a vicious mean steak?

Just watched it and avoided the result.

Porter is one of my favourite fighters in recent times, love his heart, love the interactions in the corner with his dad, and he seems like the most decent, respectful man in boxing. He's really really good fighter, just not quite great.

I had it 3-3 after 6, but had Crawford winning the next 3. Stopped early, but don't think there was any chance of him winning after the 2 knockdowns, don't think not helped that he got so angry after the 2nd one.

• Upvote 1

Yes , the fight was only going one way once Crawford figured him out and started timing Porter's lunges in.

I had it 5-4 Crawford after 9 , and with a potential 10/8 or 10/7 round 10 Porter needed a ko and that wasn't happening so credit to his dad.

Made the mistake of watching the undercard , it was terrible , even Fast Eddie would have been embarrassed.

6 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Was gonna throw a couple of quid on kambosos but after the way every other bet turned to shit today I hung back.

Fair play to the 2 judges who gave it to him though. Thought Teo was gonna get an underserved walkover or draw at worst there.

On the stream I watched it mentioned Kambosos was 16-1 at one stage. Don't know how accurate that is. Must be one of the biggest upsets in recent years. The Americans tend to be a bit fairer with the judging. If Lopez was British and they fought in the O2, it'd be a different story. FOTY contender though.

Just now, Boss said:

On the stream I watched it mentioned Kambosos was 16-1 at one stage. Don't know how accurate that is. Must be one of the biggest upsets in recent years. The Americans tend to be a bit fairer with the judging. 

He was 13/1 at half 10 our time. I had it lined up but bottled it. Glad I never jinxed him now. Thought Teo looked massive when they were toe to toe but just goes to show, if you’ve got the heart, you can take anyone on. 

Just now, Red74 said:

He was 13/1 at half 10 our time. I had it lined up but bottled it. Glad I never jinxed him now. Thought Teo looked massive when they were toe to toe but just goes to show, if you’ve got the heart, you can take anyone on. 

Kombosos boxed great. Teo came out way too aggressive and you could see he had no respect for him whatsoever. He was lucky he got dropped at the end of the round because he was badly hurt in the first. That was a heavy knockdown.