You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

Fought him 3 times. Everyone knows he beat him 3 times. Did it with 3 different styles. Incredible stuff.

’As the great John Wayne said, “I’m full of pig iron and steel, baby”’ has to be one of the great post-fight opening statements as well, after winning such an incredible fight.

Lets hope we get to see him and Usyk and boxing doesn’t fuck it up for once.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Boss said:

Tyson Fury, once again, enters the ring as the bad guy and leaves with the hearts of every American in the audience. 

The only thing he hasn’t done in the last few fights to ‘endear him’ to the US, is to get on his knees and orally pleasure all the individual American attendees. All that dressing as Apollo Creed against Schwartz, and his half-and-half sleeve last night. Not to mention the “formerly from Manchester, but now from Nowheresville USA” routine. Nauseating twat.

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

He's still a bellend though.

They’re both total bellends.

18 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Tell you what, watching it back. The second Fury knockdown, looked like it was >10 seconds before he got up. The counts were so slow from the ref on all the knockdowns.

9 minutes ago, Special K said:

Definitely. There was a looong pause between 5 and 6.

I looked at that again. I think Wilder didn't stay in the neutral corner and he told him to go back to it in between the count. Have a look again. 

I thought the ref did well to control the fight in fairness. They're both fucking huge men.

Best heavyweight fight since the Bowe Holyfield trilogy imo.

Fucking fell asleep about 3am, had a couple of alarms set on my watch but slept through them and woke up on the couch at 8am. 

Fortunately I had the catch up in my IPTV but unfortunately it was the BT stream instead of the American one which was on when I nodded off. 

Fury is just incredible. Remember when he was the butt of everyone’s jokes? None of us are laughing now are we!

That was another total beat down. A couple of times Wilder was going down but Fury kept him up to carry on battering him. Also won me a couple of quid. 

21 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Paddy Power are doing that ‘Bet £5 on #WhatOdds, get another one free’ promo. I’ve gone stupid bets. It’s only a fiver. 

BC55A84C-6846-4251-9BBD-5CEF311712F4.jpeg

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Fucking fell asleep about 3am, had a couple of alarms set on my watch but slept through them and woke up on the couch at 8am. 

Fortunately I had the catch up in my IPTV but unfortunately it was the BT stream instead of the American one which was on when I nodded off. 

Fury is just incredible. Remember when he was the butt of everyone’s jokes? None of us are laughing now are we!

That was another total beat down. A couple of times Wilder was going down but Fury kept him up to carry on battering him. Also won me a couple of quid. 

I missed it as I was fucked by 10 o'clock after the rugby. Gutted really as it sounds like a great fight.

I know it's a cliché but Fury is the definition of a fighting man, there's no quit in him and he can just keep adapting in fights whether it's getting floored or massive cuts.

Don't even think he was that motivated last night either especially with his new baby being unwell in the build up, having Covid etc.

Wilder is a complete tit as well, he'll no doubt have some ridiculous conspiracies as to why he got battered again.

Fury is hugely a product of his upbringing and has a great many admirable traits, along with the unsavoury ones. He talks plenty of shit but also has a hell of a way with words and a pretty decent handle on life for a very rich man who’s world heavyweight champ and all that comes with it. Massively compelling and unique character and for someone with by the sounds of it little formal education to speak of is pretty sharp.

• Upvote 10

Brilliant fight.

Fury was not as good as last time - and Wilder was better than last time.

What more can you ask for than a fight full of action and knockdowns!

If Wilder was just more sound at the fundamentals with his scary power he'd be even more dangerous, but he just makes so many basic errors and it leaves him vulnerable....his guts are without question though and whilst he is standing he can win any fight in a moment.

Fury is one clever fighter and has loads of guts too - i thought he was a bit careless though at times and did not impose himself physically as well as in 2nd fight, but can't argue with result - he landed twice as many punches and won it convincingly with a clean finish.

Maybe got a bit of a longish count mind that he benefitted from.

Hugely entertaining fight - i'd back both heavily in a fight v Hearns robot Joshua.

Referee was a tit IMO - irritated me throughout fight with being over fussy and way he was barking his orders - let them fight, people have paid to see them not you.

I was impressed with Wilder after the fight but when I heard what he said to fury afterwards I lost all respect for the tit. He's a classless tit and I can honestly say I've never seen a more clueless fighter in a main event never mind world title fight. 

He has no boxing brian, no tactics and just tries to Throw windmills. He also has zero stamina and if he doesn't win the fight within the first 5 rounds he tires and later in the fight is out on his feet. 

44 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Fury is hugely a product of his upbringing and has a great many admirable traits, along with the unsavoury ones. He talks plenty of shit but also has a hell of a way with words and a pretty decent handle on life for a very rich man who’s world heavyweight champ and all that comes with it. Massively compelling and unique character and for someone with by the sounds of it little formal education to speak of is pretty sharp.

Spot on. 

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

I find his anti Scouse comments from the past somewhat difficult to put out of my mind.

I don’t remember what they are, mate. 

I bet he’ll be able to find thousands of Scousers online calling him a pikey cunt and stuff like that. Same could be said for people all around the country too. 

13 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I was impressed with Wilder after the fight but when I heard what he said to fury afterwards I lost all respect for the tit. He's a classless tit and I can honestly say I've never seen a more clueless fighter in a main event never mind world title fight. 

He has no boxing brian, no tactics and just tries to Throw windmills. He also has zero stamina and if he doesn't win the fight within the first 5 rounds he tires and later in the fight is out on his feet. 

The shite Fury has thrown his way over and over I am not surprised he told him to do one.

2 hours ago, KMD7 said:

I looked at that again. I think Wilder didn't stay in the neutral corner and he told him to go back to it in between the count. Have a look again.

That’s not how the count works though. Someone at ringside does the count and the ref picks up from them, so if he has to sort out the opponent he’ll pick the count up from whatever point it’s at.

It was the same for Wilders knockdowns though so he was consistent. And you could argue that Fury may have gotten up quicker if the count was quicker.

At the the end of the day the superior boxer won, it’s just an interesting note and shows the fine lines at that level.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

I liked the way he responded to his wife advocating something along the (Traveller) line of "my kids don't need no education, they don't need to read or write." He said "why can't Travellers get educated and better themselves?" However much of a knob he is, he isn't as pig-headed as he sometimes portrays himself.

And Wilder's mask? Like Ru Paul's Predator drag race.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Byrnie said:

Can't see how Usyk can beat him. Fury is too big and too talented. 

Hell of a performance tonight and hell of a fight.

In that division the only risk to fury is himself. If he is not physically prepared for a fight, he could find himself in trouble. But you can see his boxing brain there this morning, he wasn't quite expecting what came from wilder in the 1st round, by the start of the 2nd he'd sorted it and from the 3rd there was only one boxer in it and all wilder had was his wild rights - imo aside from the big punch in the 4th it was probably the 9th before wilder got close to winning one. Wilder has probably the biggest punch boxing has ever had and fury has shown over 3 fights he can ride that out too. Usyk, Joshua, dillian Whyte or whoever have got no chance if fury just has his mind and body on the job. 

• Upvote 3