You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Thought apart from the knockdowns he scored, Wilder took a terrible beating tonight and it should have been stopped earlier. He was completely out of energy by the 5th and he was being wobbled by every punch. 

Yep. He's lucky he got knocked out. The corner were never stopping it.

4 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

The Fury fight is going to be tough for even someone as great as Usyk. Those headlocks, the leaning, the pushing, the weight, real uphill struggle.

Can't see how Usyk can beat him. Fury is too big and too talented. 

Hell of a performance tonight and hell of a fight.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks for the link. I'd been watching clips on twitter until I checked this thread and saw the last round on there. Had a laugh at how Fury can manage to look so relaxed singing after the fight too, amazing really.

Don't be coming in here with your ha ha hasheesh

12 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

The Fury fight is going to be tough for even someone as great as Usyk. Those headlocks, the leaning, the pushing, the weight, real uphill struggle.

Usyk doesn't stand a chance against Fury.

Glad I woke up in time and found a stream. Great fight. Wilder's shot was in the first six, after that he was always going to tire.

Hell of a performance from Fury, smart to leave Wilder reeling rather than always looking for a big punch. Properly beat him up, but left enough in his own tank to see out the latter rounds and find a finish there.

Have to feel a bit for Wilder though. You should be the best in the world, but there's one fella who's a freak of nature that's got your number.

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Don't be coming in here with your ha ha hasheesh

Where did I do that? I only posted once and didn't ha ha in it.

edit : If you mean where I said I laughed, yeah I couldn't help it when I saw him singing.

I'll remember to check this thread if I'm interested in a fight next time too, maybe I'll find a link to actually watch it.

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Where did I do that? I only posted once and didn't ha ha in it.

edit : If you mean where I said I laughed, yeah I couldn't help it when I saw him singing.

I'll remember to check this thread if I'm interested in a fight next time too, maybe I'll find a link to actually watch it.

Mate its a joke from Phoenix Nights 

• Upvote 1

Is there a historical equivalent to Wilder? Someone who got to the highest level, strictly based on the fact he can throw the best right hand, but stinks at everything else (besides chin)? 

Fury was miles better than him for the entirety of 3 fights, bar about 30 seconds. And yet, Wilder could have knocked Fury out twice. Pretty amazing this was even a rivalry to speak of.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"I'm getting the word......

I just remembered a bit that made me laugh and found it. Season 2 episode 1 when he's at court :

"Ah! You're there!"

"Where've you been?"

"Where've I been?! Have you seen those steps out there? I don't know if you've noticed but I'm disabled!"

"Shh."

"Get bent. I'll put you on your back."

Awesome.

• Upvote 2