You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

24 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Pretty stacked on the Smith / Fowler card on Saturday , 10 fights in total , hopefully some toss up fights amongst them.

Yeah, really looking forward to that. Out and about on Saturday night, so hoping to be able to watch most of it.

Fury Wilder I’m intrigued by, but got no horse in that race - pair of beauts.

Boxing - The Loneliest Sport 

'I was never one of those fighters who had to hate the opponent. Certain guys needed that - needed to make the other guy out as an enemy. Marvin Hagler was like that. Take the time when Hagler met Roberto Duran, a fighter he'd always admired from a distance.

Duran made the mistake of observing they were about the same height, then saying to his manager, Luis Spada - in front of Hagler - 'I almost tall like Marvin. I fight him.' Hagler, who up to then had been really friendly with Duran, gave him this squinty-eyed look and turned his back.

When Sugar Ray Leonard faced Hagler, Leonard drove Hagler nuts by being so complimentary in press conferences. He would talk of Hagler being a great champion, a credit to the fight game. Blah blah blah. Hagler didn't want to hear that.

He would have preferred Leonard say he was going to knock his block off and that Marvin Hagler was overrated. Hagler got so annoyed with Ray's glib stroking that he bolted the press tour they were on. It didn't fuel the game face he needed when he fought.

Back in 1987, before Hagler fought Leonard, Bob Arum told a reporter; 'You know how fighters two, three years after they fight become friends. Not Marvin. Believe me, Marvin Hagler still hates every one of his opponents. If Vito Antuofermo comes in the room, he won't talk to him. Duran? Forget it. Mustafa Hamsho, he can't stand. It's not for effect. With him, it carries over forever.

If he sees Tommy Hearns, he won't go near Tommy. 'Get him out of my face. What the hell is he doing here?' 'Marvin the fight's over.' 'The hell it's over.'' - Larry Holmes. 

FB_IMG_1633644778661.jpg

39 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't know how good Tommy Fury is but I don't think he'd take a dive for one of these chumps so seeing him punch the cunt out of him would be a good thing. Get them fucked off

Have you seen him fight? He's shite. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

So's Jake Paul 

I know he is but Fury might struggle to stop him he's that bad.

Hope he does though, as this whole Youtuber boxing thing needs to fuck off for good. It's a stain on the sport.

• Upvote 1

If a registered boxer loses to Jake Paul , he should change his name for ever to ' Tommy Useless-Arsehole '

Bit worrying that we have Fury/Wilder and Smith/Fowler tomorrow , and Jake Paul is even getting namechecked.

My predictions - Fury on points , Smith by late stoppage

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

If a registered boxer loses to Jake Paul , he should change his name for ever to ' Tommy Useless-Arsehole '

Bit worrying that we have Fury/Wilder and Smith/Fowler tomorrow , and Jake Paul is even getting namechecked.

My predictions - Fury on points , Smith by late stoppage

It's the rugby league grand final tomorrow so I'll be out all day, bit gutted those fights are on the same day as I'll most likely be leathered the time they start.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Brownie said:

Everything points to a Fury win this weekend but I can't shake the feeling that something mad might happen.

It won't but i hope it does. 

Fury fan base seems as full of bellends as McGregors. I'd love to see there faces if Wilder just put him to sleep. Not going to happen mind

• Upvote 1

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/10/8/22717075/fury-vs-wilder-3-weigh-in-video-results-how-watch-ppv-price-buy-start-time-boxing-news-2021

Asked what he thought new trainer Malik Scott may have improved in Wilder, Fury replied, “Nothing. It’s one shithouse teaching another shithouse how to fight. Both a pack of losers, and they both ain’t worth a sausage. He couldn’t teach him anything. Man couldn’t fight himself, he was a shithouse. So when you’ve got a shithouse teaching another shithouse how to fight, you’re in for a real pack of shithouse cowards.”

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Boxing - The Loneliest Sport 

'I was never one of those fighters who had to hate the opponent. Certain guys needed that - needed to make the other guy out as an enemy. Marvin Hagler was like that. Take the time when Hagler met Roberto Duran, a fighter he'd always admired from a distance.

Duran made the mistake of observing they were about the same height, then saying to his manager, Luis Spada - in front of Hagler - 'I almost tall like Marvin. I fight him.' Hagler, who up to then had been really friendly with Duran, gave him this squinty-eyed look and turned his back.

When Sugar Ray Leonard faced Hagler, Leonard drove Hagler nuts by being so complimentary in press conferences. He would talk of Hagler being a great champion, a credit to the fight game. Blah blah blah. Hagler didn't want to hear that.

He would have preferred Leonard say he was going to knock his block off and that Marvin Hagler was overrated. Hagler got so annoyed with Ray's glib stroking that he bolted the press tour they were on. It didn't fuel the game face he needed when he fought.

Back in 1987, before Hagler fought Leonard, Bob Arum told a reporter; 'You know how fighters two, three years after they fight become friends. Not Marvin. Believe me, Marvin Hagler still hates every one of his opponents. If Vito Antuofermo comes in the room, he won't talk to him. Duran? Forget it. Mustafa Hamsho, he can't stand. It's not for effect. With him, it carries over forever.

If he sees Tommy Hearns, he won't go near Tommy. 'Get him out of my face. What the hell is he doing here?' 'Marvin the fight's over.' 'The hell it's over.'' - Larry Holmes. 

FB_IMG_1633644778661.jpg

I don't actually think that was true at the end, I think he was OK with all of them 

10 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/10/8/22717075/fury-vs-wilder-3-weigh-in-video-results-how-watch-ppv-price-buy-start-time-boxing-news-2021

Asked what he thought new trainer Malik Scott may have improved in Wilder, Fury replied, “Nothing. It’s one shithouse teaching another shithouse how to fight. Both a pack of losers, and they both ain’t worth a sausage. He couldn’t teach him anything. Man couldn’t fight himself, he was a shithouse. So when you’ve got a shithouse teaching another shithouse how to fight, you’re in for a real pack of shithouse cowards.”

Fury looked really pumped in the weigh-in there.

He left his clobber on for it so won’t be as heavy as it suggested but Steve Bunce was saying he’ll be 9 pounds lighter.

That’s some heavy clobber and a phone.

13 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

‘There ain’t a man born from his mother’s cunt who can beat the Gypsy King, and certainly not that sausage there’ has just had me in fits. Adding something as innocuous as sausage after the first bit was superb. Pure comedy character.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

‘There ain’t a man born from his mother’s cunt who can beat the Gypsy King, and certainly not that sausage there’ has just had me in fits. Adding something as innocuous as sausage after the first bit was superb. Pure comedy character.

Sausage is apparently a huge insult in the traveller community

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

David Haye is going big on Wilder winning, which makes me think there’s no way Wilder will win.

He did before the 2nd fight too. Declined a big money bet with John Fury. 

Wilder needs Fury to have one of his worst days in a boxing ring to have a small chance of winning. His feet are appalling. I don't see what he could have changed to have a chance. He's won about 10 seconds of 19 x 3 minute rounds against Fury.