You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

Cheers for the heads up , was out last night so just watched the 38 minutes of ESPN ' highlights ' 

Cordina looked sharp and Buatsi looked decent , but a bit worrying that an honest journeyman landed quite a few solid blows on him. Bolotniks is feather fisted but not everybody will be.

I thought the production was shocking to be honest. 

Very amateurish..... Far too many awkward silences after a pundit or presenter had finished what they where saying..... 

I do like Conor Benn though, but possibly because it's like listening to his old man from back in the day. Bellew is a grade A pleb, but that other woman they had on was alot better than Maya Jama. 

The card itself was shocking though. How is Buatsi, an Olympic gold medalist still boxing feather fisted Eastern European bums in his 18th fight? 

The Matchroom boxing, for me anyway, will become like the ufc for me. I'll be able to take it or leave it. Poor cards and mickey mouse production will lose viewers imo, certainly not gain them. 

• Like 1

Conor Benn has improved significantly but he's still avoided everyone at domestic level and wants none of the European champion Avanesyan either. He's currently fighting shot ex-world title contenders. He may have a great career but he acts as if he's Floyd Mayweather and he's cringe worthy as fuck on the mic when he's not proven anything of note yet.

As for Buatsi, Bolotnik was a decent step up as he was European champion. I agree they are moving him him along far too slowly though.

There's too many people involved in the DAZN coverage.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Had it 8-4 Ugas. The great man looked mortal. Hope he comes back later this year, I do think his timing was ruined by the 2 years off.

It was on Sky wasn't it? Only found out today which was too late.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Dazn going up to £7.99 in October. Thanks, Eddie.

Yep. I'm cancelling it after the Warrington card on Saturday night. The cheeky fuckers can get fucked. 

£7.99 for largely poor quality cards, hardly any international cards and then Joshua PPV on top.

Get. To. Fuck.

14 hours ago, sir roger said:

Seriously thinking of jibbing Sky Sports , losing fucking everything

They've just announced quite a few new boxing events including Josh Taylor Vs Jack Catterall as well as international cards.

Timed it nicely after everyone is fucked off at the DAZN price increase.

Sky sports still holds to much value for me as it has rugby league on there as well as the unmentionable. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Will look into the new Boxing offerings.

I only really watch Football , Boxing and cricket. 

There's plenty of stuff on there to make it worth my while but it is expensive, I love sport though so the enjoyment is worth the cost. I'm just glad Sky haven't fucked off boxing, I thought they might have done and stuck to just PPVs but that's not looking the case.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, sir roger said:

What's the forum view on the Liam Smith v Anthony Fowler scrap in October. I fancy Fowler to win by a couple of points just by being busier.

You going?

Think Smith will outclass him. Smith is a top 10 guy in the world, at the weight, don't really know what Fowler has.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

What's the forum view on the Liam Smith v Anthony Fowler scrap in October. I fancy Fowler to win by a couple of points just by being busier.

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

You going?

Think Smith will outclass him. Smith is a top 10 guy in the world, at the weight, don't really know what Fowler has.

Neither of these outcomes would surprise me. All depends on what smith has left to give really I think. Prime smith outboxes prime Fowler easily. A declined smith grinds through a fight with prime Fowler and could go either way