You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

When Linares fought Haney the other night he was longer odds than this youtube jabroni against Mayweather. Odds are set by the punters so there must be a sufficiently large enough group of absolute dribblechins to be betting on youtube jabroni to arrive at those odds.

Linares was a 3 weight world champion, Logan Paul lost his one and only professional fight and looked abysmal doing so. The mind boggles. I'm off to bet my house on Mayweather to make 50p profit

I reckon the whole thing will be pre agreed, like Mayweather mcgregor, but in real like there must be a chance of someone who walks around at over 200lbs lean being able to swarm and overpower a welterweight who is coming in at 160, probably loose at that weight, irrelevant of who they are? What you think?

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They've just had the De La Hoya v Mayweather fight on Sky Sports Arena, forgot how good a fight that was. 

Yeah, saw that the other day too. That 12th round when it’s in the balance and they are both trying to put that little bit extra in than the other to edge it is brilliant. 

6 minutes ago, belarus said:

I reckon the whole thing will be pre agreed, like Mayweather mcgregor, but in real like there must be a chance of someone who walks around at over 200lbs lean being able to swarm and overpower a welterweight who is coming in at 160, probably loose at that weight, irrelevant of who they are? What you think?

Yeah, saw that the other day too. That 12th round when it’s in the balance and they are both trying to put that little bit extra in than the other to edge it is brilliant. 

If you say seasoned 160lb boxer against novice 200lb then maybe there's would be a chance, but one of the greatest of all time against someone who looked every bit the shite amateur he is in his previous "fight"? No chance. 

Well I suppose if Floyd was offered enough he might throw the fight but even then seems unlikely as it makes any other future novelty fights lose their value.

Mayweather carries him the distance YouTube blert is silly and tries to finish him. Reckon the whole things been planned for both to walk away with loads of money. I mean he already has another fight lined up. 

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Mayweather carries him the distance YouTube blert is silly and tries to finish him. Reckon the whole things been planned for both to walk away with loads of money. I mean he already has another fight lined up. 

At least he got in and twatted the kung fu lad no messing about. The McGregor fight was weird, I thought McGregor looked half decent but Mayweather could have finished it, i think they wanted a rematch because of the amount of money they made. Honestly couldn't give a shit about this fight, part of me wants the youtube tit to spark him out but I'd rather him and his nobhead brother both got a proper hiding and fucked off back to whatever they did on youtube, their faces annoy me they just look like entitled little rich brats.  

4 hours ago, Remmie said:

If you say seasoned 160lb boxer against novice 200lb then maybe there's would be a chance, but one of the greatest of all time against someone who looked every bit the shite amateur he is in his previous "fight"? No chance. 

Well I suppose if Floyd was offered enough he might throw the fight but even then seems unlikely as it makes any other future novelty fights lose their value.

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

I don't even think a seasoned 160lb boxer loses against a 200lb novice. 

Maybe a 120lb boxer, but one at 160lb boxer has enough power to go with the skill to decimate a much bigger novice.

Yeah, I do completely agree with what you are both saying, but mayweather is really a 147er in fighting shape. The extra stone is not going to be muscle and even if it is, how well does he wear it?

There is no doubt that boxing wise there is zero contest, but he’s what...44 now mayweather, and that other cunt is in his prime and in ridiculous shape. There’s 3 stone of fighting weight difference there. Canelo carries power in any weight, we’ve seen that, but mayweather’s hands are shot to fuck and hasn’t been any sort of a knockout artist for years. Who’s to say this YouTube whopper can’t just walk through what’s thrown at him from this version of mayweather? If that’s the case, an in shape novice with no fear of what he’s receiving and who carries 3 stone level of more power has a chance potentially.

There’s got to be a point where however vast the ability level is, the age, power and size has to come into play. Not saying this is it, but it’s risky like. Mayweather hasn’t had a proper and competitive fight for 6 years. 

If he got knocked out I would be genuinely shocked, but due to the above points I’d also quite quickly think “you soft bastard taking that fight at this point in life”

3 minutes ago, belarus said:

Yeah, I do completely agree with what you are both saying, but mayweather is really a 147er in fighting shape. The extra stone is not going to be muscle and even if it is, how well does he wear it?

There is no doubt that boxing wise there is zero contest, but he’s what...44 now mayweather, and that other cunt is in his prime and in ridiculous shape. There’s 3 stone of fighting weight difference there. Canelo carries power in any weight, we’ve seen that, but mayweather’s hands are shot to fuck and hasn’t been any sort of a knockout artist for years. Who’s to say this YouTube whopper can’t just walk through what’s thrown at him from this version of mayweather? If that’s the case, an in shape novice with no fear of what he’s receiving and who carries 3 stone level of more power has a chance potentially.

There’s got to be a point where however vast the ability level is, the age, power and size has to come into play. Not saying this is it, but it’s risky like. Mayweather hasn’t had a proper and competitive fight for 6 years. 

If he got knocked out I would be genuinely shocked, but due to the above points I’d also quite quickly think “you soft bastard taking that fight at this point in life”

He won't have a competitive fight against the youtube jabroni. Watch Logan Paul in his other fight, it was almost completely without skill, all wild punches. Canelo may carry power, Mayweather is coincidentally the only guy to beat Canelo, this guy could punch like AJ and still get a walloping. 

I hear what you are saying - 44, smaller etc but the incredible differences in skill level just completely and utterly stifle that. 

I will say I didn't see Askren getting bested by the younger brother but then I didn't know much about him. Mayweather is peerless.

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

He won't have a competitive fight against the youtube jabroni. Watch Logan Paul in his other fight, it was almost completely without skill, all wild punches. Canelo may carry power, Mayweather is coincidentally the only guy to beat Canelo, this guy could punch like AJ and still get a walloping. 

I hear what you are saying - 44, smaller etc but the incredible differences in skill level just completely and utterly stifle that. 

I will say I didn't see Askren getting bested by the younger brother but then I didn't know much about him. Mayweather is peerless.

Yeah - I’m totally on board. I hope I’m not coming across as advocating this as a contest and championing this whopper’s chances, because that’s not the case. I was surprised how badly Ben askren got beaten too though, even though his stand up is bad you’d think years of MMA would put him above a novice YouTube star.

As Stig says, I hope Mayweather batters him, but as Lee said, it’s probably fixed anyway. Mayweather McGregor was bad enough. Still can’t get my head round people arguing that was legitimate 

On 23/05/2021 at 11:28, Kevin D said:

A lot of the fight was just Baraynchk revisted; close fight until the knockdowns, then just coasted.

My concern is when he steps it up to the bear pit in Welterweight - Crawford, Spence et al are not guys you let off the hook.

He boxed brilliantly, I thought. Especially rounds 8-12. He kept timing him on the way in and hitting him hard enough so he wasn't getting any ideas about throwing the kitchen sink at him.

I had Taylor 117-110. I thought he won handily. His jab was excellent early on. 

I think he'll give the 147 lads hell. Taylor can fight any way the opponent wants it. The only two flaws I think he has is the right hand over the top as Taylor keeps his left low and he takes a lot of body shots.

The lad is a great boxer, great puncher, great fighter.

3 hours ago, Byrnie said:

He boxed brilliantly, I thought. Especially rounds 8-12. He kept timing him on the way in and hitting him hard enough so he wasn't getting any ideas about throwing the kitchen sink at him.

I had Taylor 117-110. I thought he won handily. His jab was excellent early on. 

I think he'll give the 147 lads hell. Taylor can fight any way the opponent wants it. The only two flaws I think he has is the right hand over the top as Taylor keeps his left low and he takes a lot of body shots.

The lad is a great boxer, great puncher, great fighter.

See, after 6 rounds, I had him 6 points up.  

He was fighting and boxing beautifully and had the two knockdowns in the bank. I think he thought the fight was won at that point, and Bayless probably should have stopped it in the uppercut.

After that, Taylor just coasted. Doing enough to be competitive, but letting Ramirez steal rounds, essentially. He is a much better fighter than Ramirez, we already knew thought going in, but round by round I ended up at 114-112, as well.

It's like when you're 3-0 up, they score in the 81st, go close in the 89th and the stadium gets a bit nervy even though you have dominated.

Do you think he has a shot against Crawford?

14 hours ago, Remmie said:

Ben Askren is the worst striker in MMA history and also had a hip replacement months before the fight. He made his name using his Olympic level wrestling to hold opponents down. I reckon most of the lads on here could throw a better punch than Askren. 

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Well that's me convinced. 

Yeah, the whole thing is daft.

Fair play to Floyd, he has been totally up front about it. He has made it clear that this is a naked cash grab and if people want to pay him a lot of money to fight kids, that is their business.

Did remind me of a great exchange in the other bank robbery, Floyd was in, with McGregor:

On 13/07/2017 at 14:04, Boss said:

The two of them are probably good mates behind the scenes and laugh at all the casuals falling for this bollocks. They're trying to surpass the May vs Pac fights 4.4 million PPV buys. That's why the two of them are up there throwing all these pre rehearsed insults out at each other because their purse is tied to a percentage of the PPV buys.

If the two of them were born in the Wild West Mayweather would be on a carriage selling some snake oil salve to rub on your head to grow your hair back and Conor would appear from the crowd to vouch for the effectiveness of this supposed cure. That's the kind of shit going down here. An epic swindle.

On 13/07/2017 at 14:06, Mook said:

If they were born in the Wild West I would suggest that Mayweather might have some other more pressing issues.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Kevin D said:

See, after 6 rounds, I had him 6 points up.  

He was fighting and boxing beautifully and had the two knockdowns in the bank. I think he thought the fight was won at that point, and Bayless probably should have stopped it in the uppercut.

After that, Taylor just coasted. Doing enough to be competitive, but letting Ramirez steal rounds, essentially. He is a much better fighter than Ramirez, we already knew thought going in, but round by round I ended up at 114-112, as well.

It's like when you're 3-0 up, they score in the 81st, go close in the 89th and the stadium gets a bit nervy even though you have dominated.

Do you think he has a shot against Crawford?

I still had Taylor taking most of those rounds with the cleaner work and the fact he was controlling the action. I can see how they can be scored for Ramirez though.

I think he should go after Crawford if he moves up. I'd favour Crawford, but Taylor can definitely beat him. Spence, with his size would be a whole other story. But Taylor will definitely win world titles at 147 if he moves up.

I think he'll go down as Britain's best ever fighter when he hangs them up.

7 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Yeah, the whole thing is daft.

Fair play to Floyd, he has been totally up front about it. He has made it clear that this is a naked cash grab and if people want to pay him a lot of money to fight kids, that is their business.

Did remind me of a great exchange in the other bank robbery, Floyd was in, with McGregor:

Hahahaha. I missed that exchange. Brilliant.

Just now, Byrnie said:

I still had Taylor taking most of those rounds with the cleaner work and the fact he was controlling the action. I can see how they can be scored for Ramirez though.

I think he should go after Crawford if he moves up. I'd favour Crawford, but Taylor can definitely beat him. Spence, with his size would be a whole other story. But Taylor will definitely win world titles at 147 if he moves up.

I think he'll go down as Britain's best ever fighter when he hangs them up.

I would have him and Crawford 60/40 in Crawford's favour, but personally I do think Taylor wins that fight.

It would be a battle, no doubt it.

I'm not sure about Spence. I need to see how the Pacquiao fight pans out. Even way past his prime, Manny is Manny.

12 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I would have him and Crawford 60/40 in Crawford's favour, but personally I do think Taylor wins that fight.

It would be a battle, no doubt it.

I'm not sure about Spence. I need to see how the Pacquiao fight pans out. Even way past his prime, Manny is Manny.

The Manny who boxed Thurman has a huge chance vs Spence. Spence is brilliant, but a bit overrated in the grand scheme of things. Brook could have beaten him if he never fought GGG beforehand. His size is a big problem for any fighter who is small at the weight.

Did you see Donaire last week? Incredible. Future hall of famer. He's tested 24/7 all year round too. 

I imagine Paul is going to get hit by a nothing punch, hit the deck, then we'll see some WWE level acting where he spends a few seconds pretending he's struggling to get up and wobbling about before the ref waves it off. 

Then they both ride off into the sunset a few million dollars better off. 

4 hours ago, Byrnie said:

The Manny who boxed Thurman has a huge chance vs Spence. Spence is brilliant, but a bit overrated in the grand scheme of things. Brook could have beaten him if he never fought GGG beforehand. His size is a big problem for any fighter who is small at the weight.

Did you see Donaire last week? Incredible. Future hall of famer. He's tested 24/7 all year round too. 

Indeed I did. Had to stay up till 5 and it's getting harder and harder. Definite 1st ballot hall of Famer, one of the great punchers in boxing history. That left hook is just so sweet. He is, I think, one win away from being an ATG.

By the way pal, you didn't answer my question: who would you bet on if Taylor got it in with Crawford in December?