You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

A lot of the fight was just Baraynchk revisted; close fight until the knockdowns, then just coasted.

My concern is when he steps it up to the bear pit in Welterweight - Crawford, Spence et al are not guys you let off the hook.

51 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If he goes up and beats Crawford then he’s got a legit shout of being the best British pound for pound champ of all time. Remember when he fought that chump Ohara Davies and people had it as a 50/50? Doesn’t even feel like it was that long ago. 

Definitely.

He'd be the underdog against with Crawford or Spence but he'll definitely pick up a strap at welterweight. 

He's not well liked Taylor due to cuntish behaviour outside the ring but that's what makes him special, he carries every bit of that spite, nastiness and viciousness into the ring. He's my favourite fighter, never in a bad fight and excellent value for money.

1 hour ago, Colt Seavers said:

Fuck me rules just announced for that shit show on Saturday night 

They can knock each other out but no winner will be declared.

Who in their right mind is gonna pay for this shit (unfortunately quite a few I fear)

Doesn't even deserve a mention on this thread mate, utter farce.

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

I thought they wanted to be the Netflix of sports? Surely adding PPV wouldn't really work.

It's the last part. Nothing in stone but they'll make Joshua PPV once the last sky deal is done. Wouldn't be shocked if we see DAZN get a channel on sky/BT so they can do ppv long term. It's this line ""I don't think pay-per-view will ever be dead but it needs to be for the right occasion" So I fully expect Joshua/Fury and the YouTube Gimps go ppv

means fight nights will come as part of a DAZN subscription with no plans in the short term for pay-per-view events.

"I felt we couldn't push to the next level [with Sky] without increasing the number of pay-per-views," said Hearn.

World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua - who is promoted by Hearn - is not part of the DAZN deal initially. Joshua has one fight remaining on his Sky Sports contract, after which his team will decide on where his fights will be shown.

Hearn, 41, told BBC Sport: "The key thing is I felt over the past few years, with the inflation of fight purses in boxing, we have been more reliant on the pay-per-view model. This allows us to make those fight nights and cards as part of a DAZN schedule.

"I don't think pay-per-view will ever be dead but it needs to be for the right occasion. Our plan is to deliver the pay-per-view nights as part of the subscription offering."

Sky had reached stage where just too many fights were PPV and it is a model that is unsustainable as people will just stop paying.

PPV should be reserved for only the biggest and most special fights (not that i agree with concept of PPV) mind, but once you over saturate it, you end up losing viewers...especially when you are charging people big money for rank mediocrity.

• Upvote 1

When Linares fought Haney the other night he was longer odds than this youtube jabroni against Mayweather. Odds are set by the punters so there must be a sufficiently large enough group of absolute dribblechins to be betting on youtube jabroni to arrive at those odds.

Linares was a 3 weight world champion, Logan Paul lost his one and only professional fight and looked abysmal doing so. The mind boggles. I'm off to bet my house on Mayweather to make 50p profit

39 minutes ago, Remmie said:

When Linares fought Haney the other night he was longer odds than this youtube jabroni against Mayweather. Odds are set by the punters so there must be a sufficiently large enough group of absolute dribblechins to be betting on youtube jabroni to arrive at those odds.

Linares was a 3 weight world champion, Logan Paul lost his one and only professional fight and looked abysmal doing so. The mind boggles. I'm off to bet my house on Mayweather to make 50p profit

Yeah, Mayweather is as short as 1/6 in places. 

Partly because of the window lickers betting on the youtube fella, but also because if it goes the distance bookies aren't paying out. I think it's an eight rounder, so Mayweather could just dance around him, takes rounds off, etc.

18 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, Mayweather is as short as 1/6 in places. 

Partly because of the window lickers betting on the youtube fella, but also because if it goes the distance bookies aren't paying out. I think it's an eight rounder, so Mayweather could just dance around him, takes rounds off, etc.

It looks like it won't have an official decision now soprobably can't bet on it.