You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, belarus said:

Really? I don’t recall all that for theirs. They need to have a rigid rule on it, not a “it can be between this and that”.

Really can’t recall anything about the ring for Groves Froch 2. Did Groves’ team make any noise about it?

It just rang a bell as soon as I heard this one was going to be smaller. Can’t find anything about it online though, so perhaps this was the day the 90’s finally caught up with my cognitive function. Anyone else remember it?!

1 minute ago, Dr Nowt said:

It just rang a bell as soon as I heard this one was going to be smaller. Can’t find anything about it online though, so perhaps this was the day the 90’s finally caught up with my cognitive function. Anyone else remember it?!

Haha - I assumed I’d had a similar blank to be fair mate

13 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

besides Saunders father, is there anyone else rooting for BJS?

He's a fucking cretin of a human being. I hope Canelo beats the piss out of him. 

He's some piece of shit. Horrible cunt. 

I hope he gets done badly too, but I think it could be very competitive until round 9/10.

3 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

He's some piece of shit. Horrible cunt. 

I hope he gets done badly too, but I think it could be very competitive until round 9/10.

im hoping Canelo just puts a clinic on him and doesnt give Saunders even 1 round. 

i havent stayed up to watch live fights from the US since i had kids, so thats 5 years now. Im very tempted to set the alarm clock for this, the joy id get of seeing Saunders being laid out flat could possibly equal number 5 in Istanbul. 

I think it will be a little like the Callum Smith fight with Saunders a bit more elusive than Smith but basically happy to go the distance and not get too badly caught , he will then complain about the result and demand a rematch at Appleby Fair.

• Upvote 2

There's always shit about what ring size(has to be between 16 and 24ft), what gloves can be worn etc. 

If I was in charge I'd just say all rings are 16ft and what ever the fuck gloves you want. Might allow steel chairs in R12 aswell

• Upvote 1

Saunders is elusive enough to last the full 12 rounds in which I expect he will. I think he'll do reasonably well but Canelo wins on points no matter what anyway.

Wouldn't mind seeing BJS highlight KO'd though as he's s complete cunt of a man.

From a purely sporting point of view I’d love to see Saunders put on the best performance of his career and fight to his absolute peak. Interested to see how good he can be against elite opposition. On the other side of things, seeing his legs do what Bellew’s did against Stevenson, shortly before getting knocked absolutely cold, would be just the ticket. Don’t see him having any quit in him though personally, shit-head though he undoubtedly is he’ll be too resilient, and very much doubt he’ll get stopped. 

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

From a purely sporting point of view I’d love to see Saunders put on the best performance of his career and fight to his absolute peak. Interested to see how good he can be against elite opposition. On the other side of things, seeing his legs do what Bellew’s did against Stevenson, shortly before getting knocked absolutely cold, would be just the ticket. Don’t see him having any quit in him though personally, shit-head though he undoubtedly is he’ll be too resilient, and very much doubt he’ll get stopped. 

It's such a shame that he's a plutonium grade gob-shite because he's a bloody good fighter. I hope Canelo clinically dismantles him and just grounds him into dust. He's had a hiding coming since that shit hanging out the car at that woman. I also heard a few fellas singing "Theres only one billyjoesaunders" properly wedging his whole name into the song is another reason I want to see him on the canvas seriously contemplating never being in the public eye again. 

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It's such a shame that he's a plutonium grade gob-shite because he's a bloody good fighter. I hope Canelo clinically dismantles him and just grounds him into dust. He's had a hiding coming since that shit hanging out the car at that woman. I also heard a few fellas singing "Theres only one billyjoesaunders" properly wedging his whole name into the song is another reason I want to see him on the canvas seriously contemplating never being in the public eye again. 

In terms of the sort of human he is, the case is long closed. No two ways about it.

• Upvote 1