You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

11 hours ago, sir roger said:

As I say , I don't like him , but have to say I was really impressed with him tonight. Can't see Khan or Brook living with him at this stage, and think he would outwork lazybones Broner. Not sure about Porter though.

He's being matched very well.

I'd like to see him in with Avanesyan for the European, if he beats him then he's legit.

He has improved loads though, got to give him credit for that. He's annoying as fuck when he's being interviewed though.

59 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

LIFT OFF FOR FRANKIE GAVIN 

"Great family man Ajaba isn't he Matt, I know we've never met him but we both have enormous respect for the guy."

"I don't actually think he's got a family, Adam."

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Christ on a fucking bike.

Great commentary on that.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Miles better than Adam Smith that's for sure.

Sounds like Mauro Ranallo

He's a good commentator, done MMA, Wrestling, Boxing. Suffers from bipolar disorder and really open about it, trying to get rid of the stigma surrounding it

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Noticed BBC Sport are saying commentary from 11pm so might be later than slated.

Yes DAZN has been a fantastic investment for buttons , and a few decent ones still to come like Canelo v Saunders

From 11pm might be for the big main event. Some YouTube meff against that mouthy UFC fighter that got kneed to death inside five seconds. The YouTuber is a heavy favourite. 

16 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

From 11pm might be for the big main event. Some YouTube meff against that mouthy UFC fighter that got kneed to death inside five seconds. The YouTuber is a heavy favourite. 

Askren doesn’t look like he trained for this. Surely he can’t lose this one?

9 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

Askren doesn’t look like he trained for this. Surely he can’t lose this one?

You’re assuming I’ve seen any of the build up or that I could even pick either of them out of a line up. 

Do you mean he hasn’t trained because he can’t lose, or he hasn’t trained so that means the YouTube fella can’t lose?

23 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You’re assuming I’ve seen any of the build up or that I could even pick either of them out of a line up. 

Do you mean he hasn’t trained because he can’t lose, or he hasn’t trained so that means the YouTube fella can’t lose?

I saw some of the weigh in, he has a beer belly. I don’t see how an MMA fighter, however limited in the striking, can lose to, at best, an amateur.

Fucking hell. People actually pay for this shite? This is the headliner on a PPV. 3 rounds previous experience between the pair of them. 

JAKE PAUL VS BEN ASKREN STATS

Jake Paul steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 2 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 2 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Ben Askren will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 0 wins and 0 draws.

The stats suggest Paul has a massive power advantage over Askren, boosting at 100% knock out percentage over Askren's 0%.

Jake Paul is the younger man by 12 years, at 24 years old.

Paul has a height advantage of 3 inches over Askren.

Both Jake Paul & Ben Askren fight out of an orthodox stance.

Paul is arguably the more experienced fighter, having had 2 more fights, and made his debut in 2020, 1 year and 2 months later than Askren, whose first professional fight was in . He has fought 3 more professional rounds, 3 to Askren's 0.

ACTIVITY CHECK

Paul's last 2 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 2 months and 18 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 9 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 3 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 1.5 rounds on average.

WHAT TIME DOES JAKE PAUL VS BEN ASKREN START?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia, United States, which is around 4:00 AM BST in the UK.

WHO IS SHOWING JAKE PAUL VS BEN ASKREN?

The Fite.tv PPV US show is expected to begin at 9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PST. The Fite.tv PPV UK broadcast of the card is expected to start at 2:00 AM (BTS).

HOW DO YOU STREAM JAKE PAUL VS BEN ASKREN?

In the US you can stream Jake Paul vs Ben Askren via Fite.tv on a PPV basis. Once purchased, you can watch on your Smart TV, Phone or Desktop PC, and they have apps available on Roku, Xbox, Chromecast and Apple TV.

The whole event costs $23.99.

You can currently stream US cards like Jake Paul vs Ben Askren via Fite.tv on a PPV basis. Once purchased, you can watch on your Smart TV, Phone or Desktop PC, and they have apps available on Roku, Xbox, Chromecast and Apple TV.

The whole event costs $23.99.

Fucking hell, just watched the "highlights" of that stupid fight, would have bet my house on Askren winning and then I actually saw him punch. Fuck. Me. How did he ever make the UFC? He must have been quite well respected and schooled to get the Masvidal fight? Maybe he took a dive. I suppose I should grudgingly say well done to this youtube jabroni, as I gave him no chance, he will have to keep on fighting novelty acts to get anywhere which is exactly what I expect. But then again, I also expected Askren to have zero trouble with his striking!

The Williams fight didn't really capture my attention enough to watch it, but it sounds like a decent enought scrap from the reports.

53 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Fucking hell, just watched the "highlights" of that stupid fight, would have bet my house on Askren winning and then I actually saw him punch. Fuck. Me. How did he ever make the UFC? He must have been quite well respected and schooled to get the Masvidal fight? Maybe he took a dive. I suppose I should grudgingly say well done to this youtube jabroni, as I gave him no chance, he will have to keep on fighting novelty acts to get anywhere which is exactly what I expect. But then again, I also expected Askren to have zero trouble with his striking!

The Williams fight didn't really capture my attention enough to watch it, but it sounds like a decent enought scrap from the reports.

Just watched it. Looks like Askren was just in it for the payday, he looked in terrible shape. 

26 minutes ago, Elite said:

I enjoyed Williams Vs Andrade, was very messy but interesting contest. Williams is a tough cunt with a great engine but far too crude. Andrade won comfortably but wasn't very impressive.

Even at 39, I still think GGG would stop him.

46 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Even at 39, I still think GGG would stop him.

Agreed. A better quality fighter would have beaten him last night, Williams hurt him twice but didn't have the skill to land enough. Andrade has a poor engine.

• Upvote 1