You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The refs fucking shite

Davies has gone to the back of the head a fair bit and one light warning

Why the fuck have sky got Macklin(it is him?) on with all the MTK shit going on

That ref was a disgrace there , small transgression from the Mexican and it's a point away no hesitation , and then tells Davies jr he is going to take a point away if he transgresses again on at least 7 occasions. Even the Mexican was complaining about him by the end.

Those scores seemed too close for me as well.

Not sure my change over turned up just as I was wrapping up but he's wasn't good. They kept him down a whilr after he got up but he took a almighty beating through that fight. Not sure how it got out the 4th. His legs and body where fucked. Put you in mind of the Judah-Tszyu fight

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Caught up with the Warrington Lara fight. How the fuck didn't Foster stop that in the 4th. 

I think had the roles been reversed Lara would have been stopped. He's probably thought nearly the end of the round, see if he can clear his head.

Watched the Bruno v Tyson Doc last night and felt it was pretty pointless. Neither of their careers were defined by each other and these weren’t the fights that frank covered himself in glory with. Landing one punch and then getting pummelled wasn’t heroic.

They had a clip of Tyson going onto Wogan with the belts as undisputed champion and preceded it by saying this was in 1984 when he didn’t win his first belt till November 86.

Tyson looked embarrassed to be with him at the end as Frank reverted back into a fanboy being around him, even laughing at Frank’s tales of woe in comparison to his.

A better doc would have been how he was manipulated by the press and greedy agents and going deeper into the accusations of abandoning the black community which were raised in this but were moved on from. 

One thing I took from it is that Frank seems a lonely man whose got loads of fans but no friends in boxing.   

Entertaining seeing the old footage but wouldn't be surprised to discover this was made by his daughters, who clearly love him. 

6/10

5 hours ago, Red74 said:

Watched the Bruno v Tyson Doc last night and felt it was pretty pointless. Neither of their careers were defined by each other and these weren’t the fights that frank covered himself in glory with. Landing one punch and then getting pummelled wasn’t heroic.

They had a clip of Tyson going onto Wogan with the belts as undisputed champion and preceded it by saying this was in 1984 when he didn’t win his first belt till November 86.

Tyson looked embarrassed to be with him at the end as Frank reverted back into a fanboy being around him, even laughing at Frank’s tales of woe in comparison to his.

A better doc would have been how he was manipulated by the press and greedy agents and going deeper into the accusations of abandoning the black community which were raised in this but were moved on from. 

One thing I took from it is that Frank seems a lonely man whose got loads of fans but no friends in boxing.   

Entertaining seeing the old footage but wouldn't be surprised to discover this was made by his daughters, who clearly love him. 

6/10

Yeah just watched it, didn't get anything from it I didn't already know apart from the Bruno stuff about abandoning his race. What world do we live in when a man fulfills his biggest dream only to have to spend his interview after denying he's not an 'uncle tom' fucking disgraceful, just like the paper headlines "Bonkers Bruno" absolute cunts. 

Decent watch though. 

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah just watched it, didn't get anything from it I didn't already know apart from the Bruno stuff about abandoning his race. What world do we live in when a man fulfills his biggest dream only to have to spend his interview after denying he's not an 'uncle tom' fucking disgraceful, just like the paper headlines "Bonkers Bruno" absolute cunts. 

Decent watch though. 

Lennox Lewis was the first to bring the Uncle Tom stuff up at their press conferences and it got right to Bruno as no one had publicly accused him of it before. (That id seen tbf)

By the time he got round to beating McCall it was a case of the unlucky loser finally getting his day in the sun but this doc makes it look like him and Tyson were on a collision course to be the first to the top and the 2nd fight was a chance for frank to put the record straight after the first fight when it was anything but. 

7 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Lennox Lewis was the first to bring the Uncle Tom stuff up at their press conferences and it got right to Bruno as no one had publicly accused him of it before. (That id seen tbf)

By the time he got round to beating McCall it was a case of the unlucky loser finally getting his day in the sun but this doc makes it look like him and Tyson were on a collision course to be the first to the top and the 2nd fight was a chance for frank to put the record straight after the first fight when it was anything but. 

Yeah it was made out as if both fighters had to have each other when in reality Tyson couldn't have given a flying fuck. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah it was made out as if both fighters had to have each other when in reality Tyson couldn't have given a flying fuck. 

There must have been fuck all conversation when they met up at the end considering how little they showed. 

You can imagine Mike telling the tale about how he was snorting all the Russian mafias gear and then them demanding £50k and Frank responding with he got a parking ticket once 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

There must have been fuck all conversation when they met up at the end considering how little they showed. 

You can imagine Mike telling the tale about how he was snorting all the Russian mafias gear and then them demanding £50k and Frank responding with he got a parking ticket once 

Hahahaha spot on 'yeah so I was banging it and her mate was licking my arse and the tiger was sucking Zack Morris from Saved By The Bell off and the pool was full o...."

"Let me stop you there Mike, I was the face of HP Sauce" 

30 minutes ago, Special K said:

Not got anything to say about boxing but Anna Woolhouse has just liked my reply to her about house renovations on Instagram.

It's the best day of my life

My Anna. I know more about her than you.