You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

Boxing is one of the main sports that is suffering massively during this pandemic, everything has ground to a halt at the moment.

I watched that documentary, it's a good watch. McGuigan trying to act like a saint though was annoying to see when he's been ripping off fighters for years.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

Boxing is one of the main sports that is suffering massively during this pandemic, everything has ground to a halt at the moment.

I watched that documentary, it's a good watch. McGuigan trying to act like a saint though was annoying to see when he's been ripping off fighters for years.

Brave of him coming out like that though 

Watched the Panorama thing. Was disappointed to be honest. Nothing we haven't seen before and not really a shocked dodgy cunts like Hearn, Arum and Warren all being shady cunts happy to hide and look the other way. 

Fighters are always going to look the other way 25% or 15% big difference in your purse. Especially when you need to add the corners 10/15%, tax and camp fees, sparring partners etc. 

I watched a 'boxing' match set up by an American youtuber and it was an absolute car crash. People around the ring - most without masks - an amateur referree who clearly had no experience and hopelessly mismatched fighters. One of the fighters just got more and more bloody on his face and by the end it was announced as a draw as he refused to go down, refused to respond to a thrown white towel and the referree didn't know what to do. So he stopped it and called a draw. The guy ended up with a broken nose, a broken jaw and cuts all over his face. Top it all, he had no medical insurance so he had to pay for his treatment.

It was more llike a dog fight than a boxing event.

50 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Is the Josh Warrington fight a decent match-up and anything interesting on the rest of the card , seeing as it is on Sky on Saturday. ?

The main event is garbage, Warrington may as well be fighting Brian Lara. A few okay-ish fights on the undercard but mostly.

Kelly v Avanesyan is the one I'm looking forward to most next weekend, proper fight that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Macklin had it a draw 114-114 which I think was fair. Barrett upped it the last three or four, but winning 118-111 is absurd.

Ta mate, it was actually the last few I missed. Had Kiko well ahead.

At least Hearn’s called it out. He didn’t have to.