You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Sell to buy again FSG cunts

Further new arrivals after the expected signing of Konate will be influenced by how much is generated from player sales. [@JamesPearceLFC]

Given the general state of football finances, dont you think it make sense? Get rid of the deadwood off the wage bill and bring in new blood. I do think they will bring in more than Konate.

After Konate, we clearly need a replacement for Wijnaldum and an additional new attacker. 

We could ship all these without even any impact on next season: Adrian, Davies, Grujic, Wilson, Shaqiri, Ox, Origi, Minamino and Keita. Not exactly a seller's market these days though. 

Harvey Manbuninho will get some minutes on his return from Blackburn I guess. Rhys Williams will go out on loan, you'd imagine. 

Good player, but Matip should probably go too for obvious reasons. I wouldn't be selling Bobby if we're not bringing a new attacker in. 

I think we will bring in 3 players - maybe a 4th. But that will be it - Klopp has dismissed talk of a rebuild, so that isn't going to happen. But I am pretty confident we'll bring in a midfielder and a forward. I'd like another Milner if I can be greedy - someone who can cover 2 or 3 positions. 

46 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

After Konate, we clearly need a replacement for Wijnaldum and an additional new attacker. 

We could ship all these without even any impact on next season: Adrian, Davies, Grujic, Wilson, Shaqiri, Ox, Origi, Minamino and Keita. Not exactly a seller's market these days though. 

Harvey Manbuninho will get some minutes on his return from Blackburn I guess. Rhys Williams will go out on loan, you'd imagine. 

Good player, but Matip should probably go too for obvious reasons. I wouldn't be selling Bobby if we're not bringing a new attacker in. 

Gini’s minutes will be replaced by Thiago and Curtis Jones. We will only purchase another midfielder (Bissouma?) if we find a buyer for Keita IMO.

My guess is we will sell Origi and buy a young striker to replace him. 

I’d like us to buy a solid utility player in the mould of James Justin or Ben Godfrey to cover for both full back positions, but it sounds like Klopp are happy to give Tsimikas and Neco another season to prove themselves.

49 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I wouldn't be shocked to find out that thiago was Gini's replacement. You would hope for a rethink considering how few players we've been able to get on the pitch on a regular basis. 

23 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I think we will bring in 3 players - maybe a 4th. But that will be it - Klopp has dismissed talk of a rebuild, so that isn't going to happen. But I am pretty confident we'll bring in a midfielder and a forward. I'd like another Milner if I can be greedy - someone who can cover 2 or 3 positions. 

I think 3 obvious down the spine players should be a minimum. Konate fills the gap we had coming into last season. We need someone to replace Gini even if the plan was thiago. Then another forward with a Jota type profile. But I suspect that'll only happen should origi go. And the midfielder should Wilson, Grujic and/or Shaq go. 

• Upvote 1