You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

30 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Man City may win every game if he goes there next season and United and Chelsea become serious title contenders. People would still rationalize it as a terrible move for those clubs for a couple weeks, mind. The clear I best scenario is he stays at Spurs forever. 

I bet you any amount (under a tenner) that City don't win every game if he goes there? Aguero is better than Kane and they didn't win every game with him. He could push United into contenders - but it would leave a massive hole at the back and the middle, and out wide. City have one obvious gap, I think United have a few. 

I suspect City would look at the cost of Haaland and the cost for Kane and think 'It is better waiting'. 

I’ve always thought of Kane as a flat track bully. He’s probably got good goal stats amongst the top six but I can’t remember him taking a big game by the scruff of the neck and dragging a result out of it like Suarez or Gerrard. That said he’s got the Spurs stink all over him so who knows what he could do at a big club and his numbers were already ridiculous before he rounded out his game to be more creative as well.

4 hours ago, Numero said:

I'd probably do the same to be honest. VVD, Konate, Matip, Gomez, Fabinho, Phillips. That's enough without spending another 18m on Kabak. 

Your forgetting Ben Davies!

Would Billy Koumetio be close to being ready for the first team next season?

He went into pre-season looking like he'd be emergency back up but seems to have fallen away. The other lad who plays next to him in the youth team looks decent as well. 

I'm not sure what I think of us signing or not signing Kabak. I think I'd probably lean towards signing him but as spelt out above, we'd have up to 8/9 options then and we don't want to stunt their development. If the funds are required for other area's, then I'm not bothered really. 

2 hours ago, m0e said:

Anyone who 'overpays' for Kane and who can afford to 'overpay' for Kane will be getting a fucking goal machine.

Even if he flops, which is highly unlikely, it'll only mean they go out and spend another 150mil on his replacement.

There's no such thing as a waste of money where United, City or Chelsea are concerned.

It's not a concept based in current reality.

They're playing a different sport, in that sense.

This. I just dont get how some people dont rate the lad. OK so he gets more pens than our players, not his fault, look at the shite officiating for that bias.

He'd be fucking phenominal in our team with Jurgen but yes, there's no way we're paying £100m+ for him

1 hour ago, Jockey said:

I bet you any amount (under a tenner) that City don't win every game if he goes there? Aguero is better than Kane and they didn't win every game with him. He could push United into contenders - but it would leave a massive hole at the back and the middle, and out wide. City have one obvious gap, I think United have a few. 

I suspect City would look at the cost of Haaland and the cost for Kane and think 'It is better waiting'. 

If City buy someone of Kane's level up front, we simply won't be able to compete. 

43 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Your forgetting Ben Davies!

Would Billy Koumetio be close to being ready for the first team next season?

He went into pre-season looking like he'd be emergency back up but seems to have fallen away. The other lad who plays next to him in the youth team looks decent as well. 

I'm not sure what I think of us signing or not signing Kabak. I think I'd probably lean towards signing him but as spelt out above, we'd have up to 8/9 options then and we don't want to stunt their development. If the funds are required for other area's, then I'm not bothered really. 

Not ready for that jump yet. Needs another season with the 23s at the very least. 

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't mind a double raid/swoop of Fiorentina for Nikola Milenkovic and Dusan Vlahovic.

Milenkovic can comfortably play centre back and right back.

Vlahovic gives us a different option up top.

Both should come reasonably cheap in comparison to some of the other names being banded around, and both have good first-team experience for their age.

As they are so young, they have plenty of development in them too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, m0e said:

Anyone who 'overpays' for Kane and who can afford to 'overpay' for Kane will be getting a fucking goal machine.

Even if he flops, which is highly unlikely, it'll only mean they go out and spend another 150mil on his replacement.

There's no such thing as a waste of money where United, City or Chelsea are concerned.

It's not a concept based in current reality.

They're playing a different sport, in that sense.

Luckily we have a goal machine. Need another like.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Wouldn't mind a double raid/swoop of Fiorentina for Nikola Milenkovic and Dusan Vlahovic.

Milenkovic can comfortably play centre back and right back.

Vlahovic gives us a different option up top.

Both should come reasonably cheap in comparison to some of the other names being banded around, and both have good first-team experience for their age.

As they are so young, they have plenty of development in them too.

Never heard of the cunts.

Until just now!

I'm in

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I'd be sorry to see Kabak go. He's a really good prospect at his age. 

Williams needs to be loaned out and as fine a footballer as he is whenever he plays, it's false economy keeping Joel Matip. 

Agree with that Rojo lad.

I like Kabak a lot. First few weeks, he looked like a lost kid playing in a lost team. However, he really began to show quality and taking into account his age, he looked excellent.

13 minutes ago, Jockey said:

As I say, they had Aguero who I think is better and we competed! All moot anyway they won't sign him. 

Finishing and Acceleration/pace wise I agree, but Kane got alot of other stuff aswell. Physique, aerial presence plus the fact that he gets every freekick he asks for pretty much from the refs. He'd be a monster at United if his ankles holds up. City won't buy him, He'll score a bucketload there but I think Guardiola will wait for Håland. Chelsea would be a real threat aswell if they get him. Huge upgrade on donkey Werner.

1 hour ago, Johnlj said:

Finishing and Acceleration/pace wise I agree, but Kane got alot of other stuff aswell. Physique, aerial presence plus the fact that he gets every freekick he asks for pretty much from the refs. He'd be a monster at United if his ankles holds up. City won't buy him, He'll score a bucketload there but I think Guardiola will wait for Håland. Chelsea would be a real threat aswell if they get him. Huge upgrade on donkey Werner.

Aye that is a fair assessment of them both. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

If City buy someone of Kane's level up front, we simply won't be able to compete. 

They also have to factor in £50m-odd of completely legit funds on another full-back signing. They've been linked with Nuno Mendes of Sporting Lisbon.

3 hours ago, Jockey said:

As I say, they had Aguero who I think is better and we competed! All moot anyway they won't sign him. 

Not when Aguero was 28 we weren't.

No one was.

Kane is a dribble chin, mouth breathing,cheating fucking goon, who ankles are about as strong as twiglets but he would score a shitload for us. Though the cryathon between him and Mo for penalty duty would be enough to flood the docks. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Kane is a dribble chin, mouth breathing,cheating fucking goon, who ankles are about as strong as twiglets but he would score a shitload for us. Though the cryathon between him and Mo for penalty duty would be enough to flood the docks. 

Everton fans are alarmed at this and believe the redshite are trying to derail their very real stadium plans.

Kane has United written all over him. I don’t think he fits City without them making a (potentially detrimental) change to the way they play, but I suppose signing the England captain could be tempting from a sports-washing perspective. I just don’t think he’d be Guardiola’s choice, which might lead to an interesting and potentially hilarious clash of media darlings when Pep sees a good run of form during one of Kane’s ankle injuries as his opportunity to consign Sir Saint Harold to the bench.