You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

I think Kane has United signing written all over him. I think City would prefer to wait until Haaland became avaliable. I can see Lingard and another being used as a makeweight  if I was Spurs I'd try and get De Gea - an upgrade on Lorris.

Not sure Chelsea is a viable option. But they would be one of very few who can afford him. 

7 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I think Kane has United signing written all over him. I think City would prefer to wait until Haaland became avaliable. I can see Lingard and another being used as a makeweight  if I was Spurs I'd try and get De Gea - an upgrade on Lorris.

Not sure Chelsea is a viable option. But they would be one of very few who can afford him. 

United already have a penalty taker and massive cheating bastard. 

20 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I dont watch as much football as perhaps my perceived expertise would suggest, but despite goal ratio proving my theory flawed, when Ive seen him play, Kane is usually shite 

He's a good dribbler! 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

3678FE45-B629-4236-9C4F-E168192DF6EC.png

He is 95 goals behind Shearer as top PL scorer. I can't see him going abroad. I think he wants that record.

If Levy is holding out for £150m, he will be playing at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium next season. 28 this summer, already slowing down, suspect ankles - it's some gamble with little or no resale value. 

PSG are the only club that can afford him outside of England. I'm sure Pochettino would want him, but I think Kane will want to stay in England and try and break the Premier League Scoring record.

I think from Spurs point of view they would probably prefer to sell him to City, as they have no real chance of ever finishing above them, whereas they have finished above Chelsea and United in recent years. 

Same age as Torres when he signed for Chelsea.

I'm really hoping it's United that Kane ends up at. He's a good player but they will pay WELL over the odds for what they'll get, and if it means that they spend whatever money they had saved up for a top attacker on Kane, leaving us free to pursue Sancho without other bidders it would be brilliant.

Just have to hope Spurs spend the money as well as we did when we sold Torres.

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

I dont watch as much football as perhaps my perceived expertise would suggest, but despite goal ratio proving my theory flawed, when Ive seen him play, Kane is usually shite 

Going in to the first lockdown last season I thought maybe Kane had peaked and was past his best, but I'd argue that this has been his best ever season. It's not just the goals but his assists and all round link up play have improved significantly. 

If Man City get him, then I can't see anybody getting near them for the next 2 to 3 seasons at least. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I'm really hoping it's United that Kane ends up at. He's a good player but they will pay WELL over the odds for what they'll get, and if it means that they spend whatever money they had saved up for a top attacker on Kane, leaving us free to pursue Sancho without other bidders it would be brilliant.

Or as well as they did when they sold Bale.

13 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Andy Carroll is still available 

13 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Going in to the first lockdown last season I thought maybe Kane had peaked and was past his best, but I'd argue that this has been his best ever season. It's not just the goals but his assists and all round link up play have improved significantly. 

If Man City get him, then I can't see anybody getting near them for the next 2 to 3 seasons at least. 

I agree. But I think if you spend £150m ish- then you want more than 2 or 3 seasons. I know money isn't an issue for them but even I can't see them having both! 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’d love to know what Spurs want for him.

Barca paid £107m for Griezmann when he was 28. I’d assume Spurs would apply a premium English tax.

Although it’ll never happen, he’d be fucking brilliant for us.

He's about as effective as Peter Crouch used to be in the pressing game these days... On a free I'd certainly take him, but fuck spending 50 million upwards on someone more likely to keep Ox company at the physio table than significantly improving us. Undoubtedly would put away a lot of the chances coming his way, but we would have to alter our playing style quite a bit for him to thrive. As with most other forwards touted to take Bobby's place, the knock-on-effects on Salah and Mane's chances to score would be significant too...

I actually can't believe the stick Firmino's getting on this forum (in particular), in my opinion he was pretty bad after the restart and the 1st half of this season. I see that as lack of form/fitness and overplaying more than him deteriorating. I'm much more concerned about Mane's role in the team going forward than Bobby's. He might just be exhausted, but his inability to get past opponents with the ball is a bit of a worry for me. We've relied on him for the last three years to be the one that really unsettles defenders 1v1.

Anyway, unless Lewandowski, Haaland or Mbappe rock up at Anfield during the summer, Bobby will be one of the first names on the teamsheet in 21/22 as well.

PS! I've said this on numerous threads the past year, but I don't really see us changing much apart from getting back-up CBs that have aerial presence and pace (Konate fits the bill, Kabak not so much).

This team wins the league in 21/22, as it would have done this season imo.

-----------------Allison-----------------

Trent----Gomez---Van Dijk-----Robbo

--------------Fabinho-------------------

--Henderson-----------Thiago---------

Salah---------Firmino---------Mane---

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

This is pretty typical; when players lose their ability to run fast and run often, they develop other sides of their game. My Spurs supporting mate says what he does with the ball these days is another level to what he's been doing in previous seasons. He also says he's becoming more and more dependent on others doing the running for him, which is not exactly ideal for how Jurgen wants us to play. 

I strongly doubt we'll score more goals as a team with him in the no 9 role, but he'd undoubtedly surpass Bobby's numbers (especially if he could wrangle the ball out of Salah's hands for the pens).

The Kane situation is the indication player values are now too ridiculous. The fact that a player of Kane's quality has most people saying it's not worth it is pretty crazy. 10 years ago, he'd have signed for United for 50m and they'd have won the league the next season.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Kane situation is the indication player values are now too ridiculous. The fact that a player of Kane's quality has most people saying it's not worth it is pretty crazy. 10 years ago, he'd have signed for United for 50m and they'd have won the league the next season.

No one would be saying that if he was 24. Fact is he’s 28 and quite injury prone.

• Upvote 2