You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

Just now, DalyanPete said:

Wipes tear from corner of eye.

There's nothing wrong with pontins, as long as you don't go there.

Depressing enough just driving past it.

I didn't go anywhere. 

My ma had a go at me for spending too much taking my kids away on holiday a few years back. I just said "at least they actually get to go on fucking holiday".

My ma said "well, we took you on days out though"

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I didn't go anywhere. 

My ma had a go at me for spending too much taking my kids away on holiday a few years back. I just said "at least they actually get to go on fucking holiday".

My ma said "well, we took you on days out though"

They just did there best Doc.

On 16/05/2021 at 13:59, JohnnyH said:

Literally what he’s said every transfer window since joining. Barring very particular circumstances he’s not the type of manager to spend the really big money anyway. He’d rather a £30m player he can make a £70m player then just buy the £70m player. 

I'd settle for two £30m players, Big John can keep the change. 

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

SSN reporting that Kane has told Spurs he wants out.

Tottenham talisman Harry Kane has once again told the club he wants to leave this summer with a number of big-name rivals circling, according to reports.

Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea are all said to have contacted Kane's representatives to test the waters ahead of a potential swoop this summer.

Sky Sports claim that Tottenham, despite being reluctant to sell, have now begun making enquiries about a replacement for Kane in a clear sign he may exit.

Harry Kane has reportedly again told Tottenham that he wants to leave the club this summer

Harry Kane has reportedly again told Tottenham that he wants to leave the club this summer

Kane's desire to move on and challenge for trophies has been made clear by the player himself and a switch looks increasingly likely with Tottenham enduring a nightmare season.

The same report adds that Kane's preference would be to remain in the Premier League, opening the door to Tottenham's usual top four rivals.

He is also keen for his future to be resolved before England begin their quest to win the European Championships next month.

There was a hope at the club that the hiring of Jose Mourinho would help them sate Kane's want for silverware, but the experienced coach was dismissed in April with Tottenham adrift of the Champions League spots.

Explosively, it is even thought that Tottenham managed to persuade Kane to hold off on his plans to leave last summer after Mourinho took the hotseat. 

Kane is the top-flight's joint-top scorer, having netted 22 goals so far, and he also leads the way in the assists chart with 13.

His departure would further pile the pressure on Tottenham's already under-fire hierarchy, including owner Daniel Levy.

Tottenham will be in line for a hefty profit, however, with Kane's contract running until the summer of 2024. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9588917/Harry-Kane-tells-Tottenham-wants-away-summer.html

On 16/05/2021 at 10:16, Grinch said:

It's the amount of players on two years left that's an issue.  It's sell or contract time unless we want to show how fucking dumb we are again, as we've done with wignaldum

On 16/05/2021 at 12:18, No2 said:

I don't think the Wijnaldum thing is dumb, it appears to me it's sensible adults not reaching an agreement and agreeing to go separate ways. We could have taken 40m for him 2 years ago but then not had the use of the player for those 2 years. We could offer him mega money and watch him decline rapidly in the next 2 years. Arsenal celebrated Aubuayang signing a new contract, released little teasing videos and everything, now they would take your arm off for anyone to take him for free. 

It's a cold business when players get to a certain age but I suspect we will see loads more free transfers in the next few years.

Pro Evo in da hoooouse 

33 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Tottenham talisman Harry Kane has once again told the club he wants to leave this summer with a number of big-name rivals circling, according to reports.

Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea are all said to have contacted Kane's representatives to test the waters ahead of a potential swoop this summer.

Sky Sports claim that Tottenham, despite being reluctant to sell, have now begun making enquiries about a replacement for Kane in a clear sign he may exit.

+1
  •  

Kane's desire to move on and challenge for trophies has been made clear by the player himself and a switch looks increasingly likely with Tottenham enduring a nightmare season.

The same report adds that Kane's preference would be to remain in the Premier League, opening the door to Tottenham's usual top four rivals.

He is also keen for his future to be resolved before England begin their quest to win the European Championships next month.

There was a hope at the club that the hiring of Jose Mourinho would help them sate Kane's want for silverware, but the experienced coach was dismissed in April with Tottenham adrift of the Champions League spots.

Explosively, it is even thought that Tottenham managed to persuade Kane to hold off on his plans to leave last summer after Mourinho took the hotseat. 

Kane is the top-flight's joint-top scorer, having netted 22 goals so far, and he also leads the way in the assists chart with 13.

His departure would further pile the pressure on Tottenham's already under-fire hierarchy, including owner Daniel Levy.

Tottenham will be in line for a hefty profit, however, with Kane's contract running until the summer of 2024. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9588917/Harry-Kane-tells-Tottenham-wants-away-summer.html

5F50DB02-2A96-4FAA-A79C-F58660462D8F.gif

I’d love to know what Spurs want for him.

Barca paid £107m for Griezmann when he was 28. I’d assume Spurs would apply a premium English tax.

Although it’ll never happen, he’d be fucking brilliant for us.