You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

50 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Would 100% take this guy as a short term option, he's top class. Atalanta contract ends in 2022.

image.thumb.png.cecf7313593e9a9552198d586d2f3a82.png

Should have signed him when we sold Suarez, crazy how none of the bigger Italian clubs took him. He’s 34 next season though, Gary Mac as a forward?

15 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I think that’s a bit harsh.

Although we’ve not been as defensively good without VVD, I don’t think it has been as cataclysmic as we all thought it might be. Defensively, Robbo has been, well, Robbo. 

IMO, the issues have equally been at the other end, and I class Robbo more in that category. Very few of his cut backs seem to reach our players these days. 

I think it is a bit of both - we are going to ship more golas than we ever have under Klopp by the end of this year. So, defensively it has not been peachy, and he never could hit the broad side of a barn.

No other player in our 11 went from so dramatically overlooked/undervalued as Robbo.

He became "world class" (best LB in the world) in a matter of 14 months or so. He may have had a bigger bubble than any of the other fellas. That is alot to live up to - and really might be a tad unfair to the guy.

It is alot different strutting into a match with Van Dijk at your side.

14 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Going by the comments the mirror are putting to Klopp press conference sound like we are spending fuck all this summer and will go with mostly the same squad again. Reckon Konaté and a midfielder will be it, maybe a cheap back up attacker

Really hope not. If we want to challenge next season we need a top class forward. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd have Godfrey from the shite across the park any-day. Class player gets better every-time I see him play. 

Yeah, he's quality.  We dropped a bollock with him whilst we were chasing the average Lewis.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/naby-keita-atletico-madrid-liverpool-24102671

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has Naby Keita as a 'great wish' this summer

Naby Keita has been linked with the Anfield exit this summer, and Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone is said to be keen on sealing a transfer for the out-of-favour Liverpool midfielder

A stop-start season has left question marks over the future of Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita, who is understood to be among Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone’s “great wishes” this summer.

Keita has been in and out of the Reds line-up this term due to injuries and illness, though Jurgen Klopp has also neglected to play his playmaker when fully fit at times.

The 26-year-old hasn’t started back-to-back Premier League games since the opening four games of the season, and an ankle injury kept him sidelined from Christmas until mid-February.

Keita has fallen short of the expectations placed upon him following a 2018 transfer from RB Leipzig, but Fichajes report Atletico have identified the player as a summer target.

Not sure what credibility these Fichajes guys have, but if there's any truth in it, then, prepare to get your wallet out, Diego, Michael Edwards would like a word.

• Upvote 1

On 13/05/2021 at 19:50, Carvalho Diablo said:

I can't stand the diving weasel but Jack Grealish would be fantastic as the false 9 in our team.

A bit too much big fish , small pond syndrome for my liking. Not sure he would fit in that well. Great player mind. 

29 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

He's been a really good signing for them to be fair. Can play in most positions in defence.

Yeah he's solid. Rarely has a bad game and can carry the ball forward. I think he's played DM once or twice as well. 

It’s Ok, we’re signing Camavinga to keep Konaté & Mbappe company.

It’s a shame that Lille won’t be able to build on this season and the vultures will come and pick all their best players. Like when Kante & Mahrez left Leicester.

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It’s Ok, we’re signing Camavinga to keep Konaté & Mbappe company.

It’s a shame that Lille won’t be able to build on this season and the vultures will come and pick all their best players. Like when Kante & Mahrez left Leicester.

Lille sell their players every season. They do it willingly.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Lille sell their players every season. They do it willingly.

True, but it’d be nice for one for one of these smaller clubs to build a period of success and consistently challenge.

PSG will be back to winning the league by Easter for the next 5 seasons. 

If we qualify, I’d like Lille in the CL. See if we can beat The Ev’s record for taking 4.9bn supporters to a European away fixture. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

True, but it’d be nice for one for one of these smaller clubs to build a period of success and consistently challenge.

PSG will be back to winning the league by Easter for the next 5 seasons. 

If we qualify, I’d like Lille in the CL. See if we can beat The Ev’s record for taking 4.9bn supporters to a European away fixture. 

Clubs in France generally need to sell players to balance books. Unless a PSG level owner comes in and buys another French club, it will continue being this way.

But yeah, Lille's success will likely be short lived as their sporting director and owner just left and they were key. The sporting director was the one that built the Monaco sides of a few years back.

I don't think young Tammuel is good at anything except sometimes being in the right spot and putting the ball over the line. And Klopp isn't Tuchel and Tuchel isn't Klopp, but there's a decent chance if Tuchel doesn't rate a striker, Klopp won't either.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think young Tammuel is good at anything except sometimes being in the right spot and putting the ball over the line. 

Yeah, that whole ‘goalscoring’ and ‘positioning’ malarkey is so passé. 

• Upvote 1