Quantcast
Summer 2021 transfer thread. - Page 64 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

5 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yes, on the face of it he's not effective enough in a front three as we know it.  

I've enjoyed watching him play for Leeds, but to buy him would seem completely unnecessary.  

I'd rather we looked at Traore, proper game-changing pace and power to break through deep lines.  

The only way Raphina begins to make sense is if we switch to 4231. 

Raphina has 6 goals and 6 assists in 25 league games. A decent amount yet an amount Traore has never even come close to. 

17 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Mbappe and Haaland are completely out of the question for us. 

We've just announced a £46 million loss based on a 12 month period where we won the Champions League and spent less than £10 million on players. Our next 12 months figures are going to be even worse as it's 12 months with effectively no fans, and we did spend around £30 million net on transfers last summer. 

There was a reason we were scraping around in the bottom of the bargain basement bin on transfer deadline day in January for a centre back despite having 0 first choice defenders available. 

Pre covid we were at a massive disadvantage against City and Chelsea financially, but now the scales have been tipped even more in their favour. We have done incredibly well over the past few years due to a brilliant manager and scouting system but I fear we are going to go back in to their shadows again now based on their squads and spending power. 

The only hope we have is that no europe/easier competition means that we can focus all our energy on the league next season. 

Don't forget too that winning the PL and 8 games or whatever (for TV purposes) land in this financial year. So this season despite being shite will include about a season and a quarter, a PL win in the income comumn and only 12 months of cost. 

15 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Raphinha's a completely right sided player so unless Salah played central or was sold, it doesn't make much sense. And if he was to replace Salah, he doesn't score remotely enough.

We could move Salah inside though and he'd likely match what he gives us today in terms of goals. And any replacement only has to score more than Bobby. if Salah wore 9 and played though the middle his numbers stack up with nearly all 9s on the planet. And Salah was no scoring superstar before we bought him, although he had decent numbers for Roma. And we could change our shape and play 4231. There's all manner of things we could do. When we signed Salah, he was coming in to play in Mane's position, mane just.moved to the left. Firmino was a left winger when we signed him. I think klopp should be given some credit that if he was to sign raphina, he's probably got a plan and the intruiging thing for me would be "what does it mean" and not "it doesn't make much sense". I don't know enough about his capabilities, but from the little I've seen he's clearly not shit. And neither is klopp. So I imagine there's a tactical plan we could develop. 

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We could move Salah inside though and he'd likely match what he gives us today in terms of goals. And any replacement only has to score more than Bobby. if Salah wore 9 and played though the middle his numbers stack up with nearly all 9s on the planet. And Salah was no scoring superstar before we bought him, although he had decent numbers for Roma. And we could change our shape and play 4231. There's all manner of things we could do. When we signed Salah, he was coming in to play in Mane's position, mane just.moved to the left. Firmino was a left winger when we signed him. I think klopp should be given some credit that if he was to sign raphina, he's probably got a plan and the intruiging thing for me would be "what does it mean" and not "it doesn't make much sense". I don't know enough about his capabilities, but from the little I've seen he's clearly not shit. And neither is klopp. So I imagine there's a tactical plan we could develop. 

The only thing that would make sense is buying Raphinha and another player who can score loads of goals. Because while he's proven to be pretty good, he couldn't simply step in to replace one of our front 3 as he hasn't proven he's productive enough to do that. Besides a random season 4 years ago in the Portuguese League where he scored 18 goals, he's never scored more than 7 in a season. 

He's a good player,like a poor man's Mahrez, which would be nice, but even with a swap deal he'd be quite expensive and you couldn't say that on his own he would solve an issue of a lack of goals. When we bought Salah ,Mane, Jota and Firmino they all had previous of 10+ goal seasons. 

I'd like Raphina just to watch him every week. Great attitude on him and he can play. Goals and assists are so last year.

• Upvote 1

Raphina has played off the left as much as the right in the last few months - could play either side and probably do a job as the furthest forward (again on the left) in a midfield three.

After Real Madrid's Champions League semi-final exit against Chelsea, 30-year-old Belgium forward Eden Hazard, Brazil defender Marcelo, 32, and 29-year-old Spain midfielder Isco are not viewed as being part of the club's future. 

Hazard yuckin it up with his Chelsea mates probably hasn't helped here.

9 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Raphina has 6 goals and 6 assists in 25 league games. A decent amount yet an amount Traore has never even come close to. 

Fuck the stats. Traore punches holes through defences and no he may not provide the assist but he causes chaos in a matter of seconds.  

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Fuck the stats. Traore punches holes through defences and no he may not provide the assist but he causes chaos in a matter of seconds.  

Code will be sat in a boardroom somewhere in Stavenger putting the country to rights while his pager is going mental 

18 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

He’s just not productive. For the money they’d want you might as well try your hand at Jack Grealish. Traore will probably never kick on at this stage, he’s a physical specimen and if he’d been coached by Klopp from an earlier age he might have been able to put those gifts to better use but as it is he fucked about at Villa and Middlesbrough and now it’d cost about £60m to find out if he’ll kick on.

We need a striker who can take advantage of the 39 crosses a game we put into a packed box. We have no physicality in the opposition box. Cavani has transformed Manchester United into a team that would score mainly on the break to a team that can score by putting it into the mixer every once in a while.

An older no.9 that still has the hunger and is willing to sit out some games, would be ideal against the 2 banks of 5 that we have struggled against this year. 

Džeko, Suarez, even Giroud or someone of that ilk wouldn't cost a fortune but would transform our attack. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

He’s just not productive. For the money they’d want you might as well try your hand at Jack Grealish. Traore will probably never kick on at this stage, he’s a physical specimen and if he’d been coached by Klopp from an earlier age he might have been able to put those gifts to better use but as it is he fucked about at Villa and Middlesbrough and now it’d cost about £60m to find out if he’ll kick on.

I think they'd sell quite a bit lower.  Like you say, the stats don't point to a £60m player and to be honest I don't think he'll turn into one.  

Raphina is great, but he's playing for Leeds against sides who don't sit deep.  He'll have the same issues Mane and Salah have now.  We need the player equivalent of throwing a hand grenade into the opposition defence.  

City have it with Walker, he often burns past people and creates panic for the decent players to take advantage of. 

4 hours ago, Razoray said:

We need a striker who can take advantage of the 39 crosses a game we put into a packed box. We have no physicality in the opposition box. Cavani has transformed Manchester United into a team that would score mainly on the break to a team that can score by putting it into the mixer every once in a while.

An older no.9 that still has the hunger and is willing to sit out some games, would be ideal against the 2 banks of 5 that we have struggled against this year. 

Džeko, Suarez, even Giroud or someone of that ilk wouldn't cost a fortune but would transform our attack. 

A young Sturridge would be perfect for us. A natural finisher, decent enough in the air, lightning quick and a good allround footballer. 

19 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The only thing that would make sense is buying Raphinha and another player who can score loads of goals. Because while he's proven to be pretty good, he couldn't simply step in to replace one of our front 3 as he hasn't proven he's productive enough to do that. Besides a random season 4 years ago in the Portuguese League where he scored 18 goals, he's never scored more than 7 in a season. 

He's a good player,like a poor man's Mahrez, which would be nice, but even with a swap deal he'd be quite expensive and you couldn't say that on his own he would solve an issue of a lack of goals. When we bought Salah ,Mane, Jota and Firmino they all had previous of 10+ goal seasons. 

Ok, I get you work in straight lines only. I think football is not that simple where you just plug one player in to replace another. As I say, if we assume klopp wants this player and isn't already working on a tactical plan, I think you're missing the point. You talk about our front 3 like there's not 4 of them. We potentially have Elliot coming back as some form of a wild card, who will no doubt benefit from being back around good footballers. If we change shape to 2 deep midfielders, does that bring Shaq, chamberlain back into it? The money raphina would cost us, I think we'd have a clear plan as to where the goals would be coming from. I would be shocked if that plan included raphina and a striker as I wouldn't expect we could afford it (unless someone leaves of course). I would not be at all surprised if we have a completely different shape building through next season. 

• Upvote 1

Grealish (despite the idea he’s a bit of dickhead) solves a lot of our problems. Goes past players, can create and has a decent shot on him. Ideal to play against the teams who are sitting in defending deep against us. In the age range we look at usually as well.

If their was some way we could get him in, ideally with Firmino going out, then that would make us a lot better

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Ok, I get you work in straight lines only. I think football is not that simple where you just plug one player in to replace another. As I say, if we assume klopp wants this player and isn't already working on a tactical plan, I think you're missing the point. You talk about our front 3 like there's not 4 of them. We potentially have Elliot coming back as some form of a wild card, who will no doubt benefit from being back around good footballers. If we change shape to 2 deep midfielders, does that bring Shaq, chamberlain back into it? The money raphina would cost us, I think we'd have a clear plan as to where the goals would be coming from. I would be shocked if that plan included raphina and a striker as I wouldn't expect we could afford it (unless someone leaves of course). I would not be at all surprised if we have a completely different shape building through next season. 

It's not really straight lines, it's just I usually believe that the transfers that work are the ones where the player is an obvious fit and it's simple to imagine where the player would play and what he adds that the team currently lacks. 

Like I said, we have eyes, Raphinha's had a good season, he has talent, but if we have to hypothetically say we'd have to change systems to fit him in, or "I think we'd have a clear plan as to where the goals would be coming from", well, the problem is that this plan's not really clear yet, is it, because Raphinha's a more traditional winger with a not so great scoring record. So right now it's not immediately obvious what Raphinha would do in isolation to fix a goalscoring issue outside of him being a good player.

So yeah, if we were to commit to playing more traditional wide players and a #9, he'd make more sense, but from the outside, is there any indication that's what we'll do? No. Therefore, I think the Raphinha rumour is a little weird from that standpoint. Not weird in terms of him not being good or that he's a 24 year old Premier League player at a smaller club, we target loads of those, but from a current stylistic point of view. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not really straight lines, it's just I usually believe that the transfers that work are the ones where the player is an obvious fit and it's simple to imagine where the player would play and what he adds that the team currently lacks. 

Thiago

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Can we buy a midfielder that can actually shoot from outside the box. 

Thiago

18 hours ago, aRdja said:

A young Sturridge would be perfect for us. A natural finisher, decent enough in the air, lightning quick and a good allround footballer. 

Never fit.