You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

31 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I’m pretty sure that his agent will come out of that meeting demanding even more commission from Origi for the belting job he’s done for him. 

Origi has always looked like the players he is. Even when he was highly touted before we signed him he looked like nothing but raw pace. Even when he was scoring important match changing goals you knew it wasn’t symptomatic of things to come. He was the worst player on the pitch in the Spurs final then he scored. Physical attributes aside and let’s be honest there’s no point being strong and fast if you can’t be arsed being strong and fast, he’s the most unKlopp player we have. 

Harsh on Divock that. Yeah, he was included in that all time worst eleven just as he signed. People forget just how good a player he was before that bluenose cunt nearly snapped his ankle in half. Pace was his main attribute, no doubt.

I honestly think if Div hadnt been assault by yet another bluenose yarddog, we probably would have found it hard to hold onto him.

True, since the CL Final he has gone backwards. There again, Bobby's not pulled up any trees for a while so it happens to the best.

2 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Origi will be here until the end of his contract I'm sure. He got a huge bumper deal after the CL win if I recall correctly. Noone would be able to buy him without us subsidising some of his wages. 

We got a fair few fellas like this that will be difficult to unload because of wages, injury record or form. Some suffering from all three.

7 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Origi will be here until the end of his contract I'm sure. He got a huge bumper deal after the CL win if I recall correctly. Noone would be able to buy him without us subsidising some of his wages. 

I think relatively speaking origi is on a low wage, about 50k per week. That's about 49k per week too much like, but the money players get paid these days it's fuck all. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think relatively speaking origi is on a low wage, about 50k per week. That's about 49k per week too much like, but the money players get paid these days it's fuck all. 

Seems like alot for a guy who hasn't scored a gola this season and has 4 in 32 league games over the last two.

Not sure there are alot of teams in the market for that.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Seems like alot for a guy who hasn't scored a gola this season and has 4 in 32 league games over the last two.

Not sure there are alot of teams in the market for that.

I wouldn't have thought we have too many in the 1st team squad earning less. Probably the 2 brought in in January, Kostas and the kids. I agree 50k is probably too rich for a lot of clubs, but premier league clubs can afford that, it's just a shame he's shite. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wouldn't have thought we have too many in the 1st team squad earning less. Probably the 2 brought in in January, Kostas and the kids. I agree 50k is probably too rich for a lot of clubs, but premier league clubs can afford that, it's just a shame he's shite. 

Well if your argument is he is not PL level then he gets paid WAY too much and we will never sell him. When you said relatively speaking that assumes he is. 50k would put him in the top three or four earners on probably a half dozen teams. They would be the teams he could maybe get a game. None of them are going to pay a fee for him and make him one of their top earners. He will be playing his testimonial (2014-2024) and then probably retiring and getting a mobile DJ setup.

27 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Well if your argument is he is not PL level then he gets paid WAY too much and we will never sell him. When you said relatively speaking that assumes he is. 50k would put him in the top three or four earners on probably a half dozen teams. They would be the teams he could maybe get a game. None of them are going to pay a fee for him and make him one of their top earners. He will be playing his testimonial (2014-2024) and then probably retiring and getting a mobile DJ setup.

When I said relatively speaking, I meant of a player who's been a 1st off the bench forward for a couple of years for a top 4 club scoring in champions League finals and other big games. I think our expectation of 25-30m has been the stumbling block in the past of getting shut - perhaps after a truly awful 12 months his wages are too. 

18 minutes ago, Salou said:

Bayern just confirmed the Upamecano deal. He'll join them in the summer.

Is there a reality show on once a year in Germany where Bayern just name the three pjayers they intend to strip away from anybody who suggests any challenge to their Bundesliga domination.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Salou said:

Bayern just confirmed the Upamecano deal. He'll join them in the summer.

It seemed pretty nailed on when his agent announced that they had already held talks with Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic a few weeks ago. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't even sign a defender in the summer, unless Kabak does well here and we can sign him cheaply enough from Schalke. 

Bayern have a habit of blabbling about what they and everyone else are going to be doing. They also have a habit of announcing agreements for players from rival Bundesliga clubs before the current season is out.

I'm pretty certain they announced the Thiago deal before we did. I think they got into a bit of hot water with the Mancs when they sold Schweinsteiger to them because they announced it before the Mancs could make an announcement for their NYSE listing (a requirement since some of their shares are listed there).

53 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

It seemed pretty nailed on when his agent announced that they had already held talks with Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic a few weeks ago. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't even sign a defender in the summer, unless Kabak does well here and we can sign him cheaply enough from Schalke. 

The minute we got Kabak I thought we wouldn't sign another defender this summer. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The minute we got Kabak I thought we wouldn't sign another defender this summer. 

Agreed,  the only way we sign another one is if Klopp loses faith in Matip and decides to sell (don't see that happening and anyway who would buy...) and Kabak ends up being a train wreck (hopefully not, seems young enough and highly rated enough to be developed)

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Bayern have a habit of blabbling about what they and everyone else are going to be doing. They also have a habit of announcing agreements for players from rival Bundesliga clubs before the current season is out.

I'm pretty certain they announced the Thiago deal before we did. I think they got into a bit of hot water with the Mancs when they sold Schweinsteiger to them because they announced it before the Mancs could make an announcement for their NYSE listing (a requirement since some of their shares are listed there).

They’re a gang of oddballs at Bayern. They give it the whole tapping up thing but do it in a way where they go ‘oh no, we were merely saying what a great player he is, we respect the other clubs’ etc. Then the next day announce they’re signing them.

Other way round though and it’s the full rich lady fainting at the affront of anyone unsettling their players.

Slags - I’m glad they’ll have lost Thiago and Alaba for the combined price of an Origi.

Not arsed about Upamecano, he'd have been big money in fee and wages, but he's not a patch on Virgil.  Konate is the better player at Leipzig, although I don't hold out hope of him either.  

Let's see what we've got on our hands with Kabak and take it from there. 

New market opened up in South America now we're out of the EU.