You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

If we do end up signing both Kabak and Konate, that signals to me Matip will be scarificed in the summer. Young Rhys will be loaned or sold after enhancing his reputation with Nat being sold if he fancies regular game time as opposed to just hanging around here. Davies will surely be wishing he held onto the Celtic move.

I cant see Shaq being prepared to sit on the sidelines next season, possibly same with Ox. Origi will surely know he has to move on as his career here has peaked. If Keita isnt sold, Jurgen clearly has a blind spot about him.

At a cost of £7m, the gamble with Taki is selling him for £15m and taking the profit or seeing if he really can make it here.

As to who else comes in, fuck knows.

main 5 id be looking to bring in and most likely why im not a football manager. Lets face it we could almost field a team of midfielder's and our defence needs a make over and bolstering.Yes we need someone that can put the ball in the net but forget the likes of Mbappe  and Haaland they just aint going to happen unless our illustrious owners are going to dig deep and to be honest i cant see that happening anytime soon and i have no clue who would fit that role.

Bissouma

Konate

Kabak

Grealish

(insert striker here)

out's 

Ox

Wijnaldum

Matip

Origi

Thiago (just hasn't worked in my eyes)

Keita

Shaqiri

plus all the players that just won't make the first team that have been out on loan season after season

Just been reading about Camavinga at Rennes isn’t going to renew his contact and is likely going to be sold in the summer.

I see they reckon the fee would be £40-£50m. Seeing we’ve been linked with Nehaus and Bissouma for similar fees, I wonder if we’re interested in this guy.

I don’t know anything about him apart from

he has an outstanding reputation. 

Anybody able to offer any further insight?

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Just been reading about Camavinga at Rennes isn’t going to renew his contact and is likely going to be sold in the summer.

I see they reckon the fee would be £40-£50m. Seeing we’ve been linked with Nehaus and Bissouma for similar fees, I wonder if we’re interested in this guy.

Outstanding potential. Can be anything he wants. Good technically, gets forward and is busy defensively. But quite inconsistent as he's very young. If the fee is 40-50m, that is reasonable. 

7 hours ago, andyj said:

main 5 id be looking to bring in and most likely why im not a football manager. Lets face it we could almost field a team of midfielder's and our defence needs a make over and bolstering.Yes we need someone that can put the ball in the net but forget the likes of Mbappe  and Haaland they just aint going to happen unless our illustrious owners are going to dig deep and to be honest i cant see that happening anytime soon and i have no clue who would fit that role.

Bissouma

Konate

Kabak

Grealish

(insert striker here)

out's 

Ox

Wijnaldum

Matip

Origi

Thiago (just hasn't worked in my eyes)

Keita

Shaqiri

plus all the players that just won't make the first team that have been out on loan season after season

Won't happen in one summer that IMO.

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

If we do end up signing both Kabak and Konate, that signals to me Matip will be scarificed in the summer. Young Rhys will be loaned or sold after enhancing his reputation with Nat being sold if he fancies regular game time as opposed to just hanging around here. Davies will surely be wishing he held onto the Celtic move.

I cant see Shaq being prepared to sit on the sidelines next season, possibly same with Ox. Origi will surely know he has to move on as his career here has peaked. If Keita isnt sold, Jurgen clearly has a blind spot about him.

At a cost of £7m, the gamble with Taki is selling him for £15m and taking the profit or seeing if he really can make it here.

As to who else comes in, fuck knows.

He can't get a game at Southampton.

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

What's with this "lightweight" thing, that's a football expression that makes no sense to me. Minamino simply isn't very good, got nothing to do with his weight. There are plenty of great, not super physically strong or big footballers. 

Usually great footballers do not get pushed off the ball like a child. Minamino is incapable of protecting the ball using his strength, most professional footballer can. This is what is meant by lightweight. 

• Upvote 2

Surely a large part of his struggles must be mental (I'm sure that's the same for everyone). The Austrian League cannot be less physical that Aston Villa U18s.

Hopefully a cautionary tale for all concerned. If we do manage to get a player on the cheap in the future, just be happy with that fact. Don't tell the world about how great it was, tempting hubris to laugh in our face. 

17 hours ago, Scott_M said:

The only way we buy a player like that now is if we sell somebody big to City, Chelsea or PSG.  We're going to get peanuts for the likes of Origi, Chamberlain, Keita.  The financial situation of football without fans is going to bite hard.  

£5m tops for Origi.  

• Downvote 1

We will need to sign two midfielders as Wijnaldum is going, Chamberlain and Keita are never fit and Milner will be 36.

So Bissouma to replace Wijnaldum and possibly Camavinga to fill the gap of the perma crocks. Grealish will be too expensive, probably ending up at one of the Manc clubs.  

Add to that Konate to edge out Matip and will need two options up front as Firmino has been shite for ages, Shaqiri told his agent that he wants to leave and Origi will probably leave if he can be arsed. 

All of this is based on the presumption that the owners will actually spend money. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

We will need to sign two midfielders as Wijnaldum is going, Chamberlain and Keita are never fit and Milner will be 36.

So Bissouma to replace Wijnaldum and possibly Camavinga to fill the gap of the perma crocks. Grealish will be too expensive, probably ending up at one of the Manc clubs.  

Add to that Konate to edge out Matip and will need two options up front as Firmino has been shite for ages, Shaqiri told his agent that he wants to leave and Origi will probably leave if he can be arsed. 

All of this is based on the presumption that the owners will actually spend money. 

We'll only really need 1 midfielder to replace whichever crock we can get rid of,  hopefully Keita. Thiago and Konate would replace Gini in terms of the squad because Fabinho could play exclusively in midfield and we'd have enough numbers.

1 midfielder 

1 attacker 

Konate 

That's your lot folks. Would be nice to get a couple of full backs to let Trent and robbo have a rest occasionally as Neco needs a loan and the Greek clearly isn't fancied, can't see it happening though

Gini shaq and Origi defo off, then could make a case for 

Keita 

Ox you could also make a case for going, neither near the line up or added any value