You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

I should add, I’m in favour of The Man Bun being part of the first team next season, let’s face it, he couldn’t offer any less than Origi, Shaq & Minamino have done this season.

We should also, however, be bringing in somebody of >= Jota quality as well. 

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I should add, I’m in favour of The Man Bun being part of the first team next season, let’s face it, he couldn’t offer any less than Origi, Shaq & Minamino have done this season.

We should also, however, be bringing in somebody of >= Jota quality as well. 

I think we need a proper number 9. I know its not Klopps style but our plan b has been switching Mane and Salah it seems. 

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Would be nice. 

c.£20m. 

A3219015-099A-4331-8B9F-67887A52C5FF.png

If we get 20 million for a phantom I'll laugh my tits off 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

1) I think we need a proper number 9. I know its not Klopps style but our plan b has been switching Mane and Salah it seems. 

2) If we get 20 million for a phantom I'll laugh my tits off 

1) Agreed. Firmino has been off the boil for to long now. We need to address it.

2) It says we quoted Porto £20m last summer and they want to negotiate it down. I’d take anything. 

18 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The problem with the "proper #9" thing is there aren't actually that many in the under 25 age range that are any good. It's easier to find fast, interchangeable forwards these days.

Agreed. I don't think the Plan A of a false-9 type facilitating two extremely quick forwards who bag the majority of the goals is necessarily the wrong one all of a sudden. 

Would be nice to have a proper #9 as an option off the bench though. At times it just feels like there's not enough goal scorers on the field when we really need a goal. I don't have any confidence that Shaq or Origi, or Minamino when he was here, will chip in. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The problem with the "proper #9" thing is there aren't actually that many in the under 25 age range that are any good. It's easier to find fast, interchangeable forwards these days.

There are a few that would potentially be good options, and wouldn't cost the Earth. Depends on what you want from them in that role.

Patson Daka - 30 goals in 33 appearances

Sasa Kalajdzic - 18 goals in 35 appearances

Dusan Vlahovic - 17 goals in 39 appearances

Odsonne Edouard - 22 goals in 38 appearances

All of the above very much affordable and for me tick a few boxes. 

EDIT: I'd also keep an eye on Silas Wamangituka at Stuttgart. We were linked with him in the media when he was at Paris FC. Been playing mainly on the right wing, but is proper rapid and chipped in with a few goals.

19 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

There are a few that would potentially be good options, and wouldn't cost the Earth. Depends on what you want from them in that role.

EDIT: I'd also keep an eye on Silas Wamangituka at Stuttgart. We were linked with him in the media when he was at Paris FC. Been playing mainly on the right wing, but is proper rapid and chipped in with a few goals.

Yes, but are any of those actually good enough technically to play for a top team, is the question. We need more than simply someone who can finish chances and there aren't many of those. I'm not sure any of the names mentioned are proven to be good enough or can improve us right away like Jota did, for example. 

Silas looks good but is in the mould of versatile attacker we normally target.

7 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Of players in the Premier League, that Watkins kid at Villa seems to be decent, not better than Vardy would be maybe, but he is younger and might improve here? I think everyone else would be way too much money.

Watkins will be in the Championship before too long. Flash in the pan.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Supremolad said:

No need to argue any further regarding the signing of new attacking options in the summer. Ladies and gentlemen, today the Echo presents Harvey Elliot. A solution to THREE Liverpool problems, thereby saving us MILLIONS.

Just scored again for Blackburn. He will definitely solve all of our attacking problems next season. 

35 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

That Vlahovic looks like a player. Reminds me of Ibrahimovic in some ways. 

Can Daka play wide? 

10 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Just scored again for Blackburn. He will definitely solve all of our attacking problems next season. 

Even if we sign somebody else, and I hope we do, there is still a place in the match day squad for him. 

45 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Yeah, particularly if we end up in the Europa next year, it would be a decent chance to see what level he is at now?

True but I think he’d get Premiership minutes as well. As I said above, he can’t offer less than Origi, Shaq and Minamino this year.

Just to clarify, I wasn't casting any doubt on Elliott's talent. He does deserve to be part of the squad next season. I like him a lot.

My post was more about the Echo going beyond parody with their regular narrative of "young player xyz would save us millions and solve multiple problems, hence FSG can be forgiven for not splashing out".

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Just to clarify, I wasn't casting any doubt on Elliott's talent. He does deserve to be part of the squad next season. I like him a lot.

My post was more about the Echo going beyond parody with their regular narrative of "young player xyz would save us millions and solve multiple problems, hence FSG can be forgiven for not splashing out".

No, that's bollocks. 

You were clearly saying he's useless and we should get rid.