You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

23 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Sell Salah and get Haaland. 

Serious? 

I mean, I'm not saying you're wrong...it's a play. 

The problem is that...

Madrid seem intent on Mbappe

Barca aren't financially strong

Bayern maybe, but not £100m+

PSG perhaps, but Salah says no

Juventus likely not able

Which then leaves City or Chelsea

I'm not averse to recycling players and accepting that change is natural, but it's hard to see a reality in which we get the sort of money we're expecting for him this summer. 

Cash plus players is an option...

- Odegaard, Jovic + £75m

- Cuisance, Alphonso Davies + £50m

- Coutinho, Todibo + £100m

The player has to want to move to us, has to have a desire to work hard or improve, and has to accept their wages being reasonable.  

6 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

This is going to be quite the look when he signs for PSG or Man City... 

f468d82a66420f3c678a941c6dff74b7e8ecf4bd

M.Ødegaard has just been appointed captain for Norway, he is playing at the Emirates and Arsenal’s shirt sponsor is Emirates Airways. 

• Upvote 1

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner has revealed that LeBron James could have a “hugely helpful” role at the club following his recent investment.

Despite uncertainty amid the coronavirus pandemic, Liverpool have made some exciting financial moves of late. Club owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) have announced a £538million partnership with RedBird Capital, who have taken a 10 per cent stake in FSG. Furthermore, basketball star James and business partner Maverick Carter have become partners and taken a small stake.

On Friday, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp hailed the financial “consistency” that the deal will offer the club.

James’ association with Liverpool dates back to 2011. He became a co-owner and has a two per cent stake in the club.

Now he, along with Maverick Carter will become the first black partners in FSG’s history. They will also have a greater say in the happenings at Liverpool.

Indeed, FSG investor Werner, who also works with baseball giants Boston Red Sox, has revealed the sort of role he expects James to play behind the scenes.

“I will be surprised actually if they don’t weigh in [on management decisions of either team] – I would welcome their thoughts,” the 70-year-old told The Athletic.

“I think that the relationship that the consumer has with a sporting team is an emotional one.

“I consider Maverick to be one of my closest friends, and I’ve spent hours with him talking about strategy, coaching, the lessons that I’ve learned from Jurgen Klopp, and the lessons that he’s learned as an astute observer of basketball.

“We have a very collaborative relationship, so I would actually say that their wisdom and their experience is going to be hugely helpful to us going forward.”

Furthermore, Werner revealed how James could work in a key role alongside Liverpool‘s kit sponsors Nike.

The Reds left New Balance for their fellow clothing giant last season.

“We have ideas that haven’t yet hit the market for a way to have LeBron be involved in products that are made by Nike for Liverpool,” Werner added.

“I will tell you that the number of times that [Carter and I] have analysed the knowledge and the strategy of Jurgen Klopp is hours and hours.

“I know that Maverick was at the UEFA Champions League final in Kiev with me. I know Maverick has a very good relationship with, just to be specific, Virgil van Dijk.

“I wouldn’t be surprised that there’s a lot of texting going back [and forth] that I’m not aware of.”

Blue shite made up last week that FFP is getting scrapped because uncle uzzy is minted and we are skint. We get a whiff of more money from our owners and we are jammy bastards who pay for success. 

Superb piss boiling. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Serious? 

I mean, I'm not saying you're wrong...it's a play. 

The problem is that...

Madrid seem intent on Mbappe

Barca aren't financially strong

Bayern maybe, but not £100m+

PSG perhaps, but Salah says no

Juventus likely not able

Which then leaves City or Chelsea

I'm not averse to recycling players and accepting that change is natural, but it's hard to see a reality in which we get the sort of money we're expecting for him this summer. 

Cash plus players is an option...

- Odegaard, Jovic + £75m

- Cuisance, Alphonso Davies + £50m

- Coutinho, Todibo + £100m

The player has to want to move to us, has to have a desire to work hard or improve, and has to accept their wages being reasonable.  

They can’t afford him. 

If we’re going to sign Mbappe, it’s this summer or never, IMO.

I’d even be happy to write into his contract that after 3 seasons, if he wants, we’ll sell him to Madrid. 

On Haaland, I just can’t see him

leaving Dortmund this summer. 

Theres still legs in Lewendowski, at least until Haaland’s price comes down to £65m. 

Madrid, Barca & ourselves can’t afford £130m.

Can’t see him at PSG, he seems to have proper ambition. 

Which leaves Citeh, Chelsea and the mancs. 

I could see Chelsea or the mancs making a stupid offer for him in order to beat the competition at £65m next summer & I could see Dortmund maximising their profit by selling straight away, but does he really want to go to either of them? I’m sure I read he’d already discounted Chelsea somewhere. 

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Yes. Pre-2010, I’d had 17 years as a season ticket holder but I used to just go all over the country and Europe follow us for shits and giggles. 

You drag them into every conversation possible and attempt to have a dig at them at every occasion.

”We’re too lazy to negotiate”. Your exact words, and frankly, complete utter dog shit.

Yes, they have faults, as I’ve clearly said in the past. I defend them when your talking complete bollocks. You de-rail virtually every thread with snidey / nonsense comments like the above. 

I only care about what’s on the pitch and the last 3 / 4 years have been the best of my Liverpool supporting life. Like it or not, they’ve been a small part in delivering that and to me, apart from the ticket price and furlough fiasco’s, pretty much everything else is just white noise. 

Some people confuse the ownership of the club with the team and your one of them. I'm glad you're happy with them, someone has to be. It's like fucking Stockholm syndrome. We all went mad when Hicks said we're just like Weetabix, yet that's what we are and there's loads of our fans lap it up. 

6 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd love to make a big bid for Bellingham, but I doubt he's going anywhere this summer.  

He looks like a superb talent, I can't believe we let Dortmund get him for fuck all.  

They paid over 25ml for him. It's hardly fuck all for a lad who had one season of Championship football under his belt

I heard Bellingham is meant to be a really nice lad as well. Wonderful talent to boot.

I reckon Jurgen would be really keen on him. We seem to generally look out for lads who are sound and don't rock the boat. Sancho and Haaland seem a bit more individualistic, so not sure if Jurgen would be overly keen on them.

7 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

And all of these were signed after we won the CL yes, as stated SINCE we won the CL we have been shopping in the bargain basement, we wouldn't have signed alisson without selling coutinho and keita had a release clause which was supposedly below his true value. Fabinho was an absolute steal as he was regarded as one of the very best in his position.

We bought Keita for £53m, a couple million pounds less than City paid De Bruyne. What was his “true value”? Fabinho became the best defensive midfielder with us. He was the only player left from that Monaco team who made the semis. United looked at him and decided to sign Fred instead. I don’t think Barry was looking at signings after CL when talked about us only signing ‘bargains’. He included Shaqiri as one of them, and we signed him in the same summer we signed Fabinho. This release clause is a red herring. I mean Haaland has a release clause for next summer, would you complain if FSG decided to meet it to try sign the player? I certainly wouldn’t, but Barry probably would.

7 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

And all of these were signed after we won the CL yes, as stated SINCE we won the CL we have been shopping in the bargain basement, we wouldn't have signed alisson without selling coutinho and keita had a release clause which was supposedly below his true value. Fabinho was an absolute steal as he was regarded as one of the very best in his position.

Double post.

11 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I’d be all in on Bellingham but I don’t think we’d have a song for him.

Ha ha! It's all in the script isn't it. 

I hope so, and we're developing a Gini-sized hole in midfield.  

I don't think Klopp would pay mad money for a 17/18 year old, putting pressure on him like that, that's my only reservation. 

For now can only watch and admire. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I heard Bellingham is meant to be a really nice lad as well. Wonderful talent to boot.

I reckon Jurgen would be really keen on him. We seem to generally look out for lads who are sound and don't rock the boat. Sancho and Haaland seem a bit more individualistic, so not sure if Jurgen would be overly keen on them.

Deliberately signed a new contract to ensure Brum got a a decent fee to save the club as a thanks for their rearing him , when he could have taken most of the money himself by running his situation down.