You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

Bamford lost the ball due to bad control less often than Jota and Salah.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1549574/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2021-2022-Leeds-Liverpool

10 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I know who I prefer out of those three, it isn’t Bamford.

9 hours ago, Simbo said:

But Salah + Jota also had a 3rd more touches than Bamford.

Bamford was terrible yesterday…it’s exactly the same every time I’ve seen him play.

I admire your perseverance but if you think the level Bamford plays at is that of a top player than you need to reevaluate your standards I’m afraid.

Agree with all these. Patrick Bum-ford

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Lets not sign anyone at all then eh fuck it 

That's not what I said, and that's why we ended up buying Jota.

Someone who literally no Liverpool fan would have wanted to compete with the front 3. Someone who was regularly on the bench for Wolves. And Someone who could cover all 3 positions.

They're not exactly falling off trees.

The problem has always been Firmino and Mané's status in the team and wages. It's the easiest thing in the world to say we need to sign a forward to push those two. Yeah no shit, that would be ideal. But that means if all 4 of those we have, plus this new player are available and this new player is good enough to start consistently for us, you now have either Firmino or Mané firmly on the bench and there are a couple reasons why we can't have that. Financial, team chemistry reasons, etc... 

The best thing would have been buying someone who is max 21-22 years old who can develop and doesn't mind that, but who is also already good enough to contribute . That's not easy. I think everyone would like us to find such a player. 

Has anyone seen anything of this Carvalho lad who plays for Fulham?. He's English despite being born in Portugal and is out of contract soon. 

A lot of people have been raving about him and Real Madrid are keen to sign him. He's a forward/winger. 

Although Fulham are probably pissed off that we got Elliot from them it sounds like a signing we would be all over like a rash.

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Has anyone seen anything of this Carvalho lad who plays for Fulham?. He's English despite being born in Portugal and is out of contract soon. 

A lot of people have been raving about him and Real Madrid are keen to sign him. He's a forward/winger. 

Although Fulham are probably pissed off that we got Elliot from them it sounds like a signing we would be all over like a rash.

We also did them a favour putting back the Wilson money so they didn’t breach FFP.

Still, no, I’ve never heard of the player

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

We also did them a favour putting back the Wilson money so they didn’t breach FFP.

Still, no, I’ve never heard of the player

True.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9969723/amp/Fulham-danger-losing-attacking-starlet-Fabio-Carvalho-Real-Madrid-Premier-League-clubs.html

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, M_B said:

Cough.

No need to cough, it was a batshit crazy statement at the time and is not with hindsight ridiculous. 

I want signings as much as the next person but there is obviously a reason why Jurgen doesn't. Whether that's he want.to prove he is cleverer than the rest or he has faith in the youngsters coming through and genuinely doesn't want to block their paths.

23 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

No need to cough, it was a batshit crazy statement at the time and is not with hindsight ridiculous. 

I want signings as much as the next person but there is obviously a reason why Jurgen doesn't. Whether that's he want.to prove he is cleverer than the rest or he has faith in the youngsters coming through and genuinely doesn't want to block their paths.

He doesn't want what he can't have, it's a waste of energy.

4 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

This is a real concern. He constantly makes the wrong decisions in possession. Which makes us vulnerable to counter attacks. Tsimikas is probably better at the moment, and should be given more chances.

Also he's been fucking up our offside traps, he's been doing it regularly this season. Tsimikas should be in his place till he gets his shit together.