You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I can’t believe what’s more bizarre about Mbappe to Madrid.

The fact somebody is offering £189m for a player they can get for nothing in 12m or somebody is turning down £189m for something they’ll lose for nothing in 12m.

For me it's all about the one year window they'll have with Mbappe, Neymar and Messi (not to mention all the others they've signed) to win the European Cup. Will be worth it to them if it comes off, especially when £189m means nothing to them.

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

A few months ago Florentino Perez was complaining about how skint Real Madrid were, now they are offering over 200 million Euro's for a player that's out of contract next summer? 

Didn’t they get 200million from the government or tv deal or whatever it was?

PSG are run by a sinister bunch of cunts. Remember, their owners run a country that's built on what amounts to slave labour in which their "workers" are not even allowed to leave the fucking country unless their employers say so. Do you really think people with these ideals are going to allow the hottest young talent in football leave their flagship football club at all, much less on a free transfer? Mbappe is stuck there, and he's not going to leave PSG for a long, long time.

8 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

All the other teams are out spending like drunken sailors on shore leave whilst we're the ship's chaplain staying on board and shaking our head at the wanton spending.

It's better than nothing I suppose 

wanton.jpg

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I can’t believe what’s more bizarre about Mbappe to Madrid.

The fact somebody is offering £189m for a player they can get for nothing in 12m or somebody is turning down £189m for something they’ll lose for nothing in 12m.

So true. 

PSG overpaid for Mbappe originally, now he's a better player but no club will pay over that. 

But now it's absurd to pay for him.  Anything.  And yet PSG are so devoid of income after a year of pandemic, after a huge wage outlay on Ramos/Wijnaldum/Messi/Donarumma/Hakimi, and yet turn down £150m. 

55 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve never called myself a top red. The whole point of me listing my games down the years was a direct response to being told “Piss off, you’re only 18 or something”.

I distinctly remember it because I thought it was a shithouse comment - a direct attempt to belittle my comments and level of support. 

I can’t be arsed going through a while he said / she said (BULLSHIT!) but all posts can be taken out of context by themselves.

Maybe you could try to not belittle others opinions or level of support. 

You’ve listed your credentials as a top red on more than one occasion and not just in response to Stroganoff. 

You could start by not trying to police transfer threads. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Maybe you could try to not belittle others opinions or level of support. 

You’ve listed your credentials as a top red on more than one occasion and not just in response to Stroganoff. 

You could start by not trying to police transfer threads. 

It’s a personality trait. I have no time for people I don’t respect. 

Which also includes you. 

Laters. 

• Upvote 1