You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

53 minutes ago, dave u said:

There aren't any press conferences though so there's no-one going to be able to ask Klopp how long he's out for.

Yeah, but there's people working twitter to tell us some 12 year old is signing a new contract or whatever the fuck they announced earlier. If he's out, there's no reason to keep it quiet, aside from transfer deadline is tomorrow and they don't want to say we're one down before the window closes. 

Maybe press releases that are expected and planned for are easier to finalise ahead of the bank holiday, compared to news about unexpected injuries to first team players.

I'm sure we'll hear tomorrow. A few accounts saying he's back next month as well.

Doesn't really change our situation either way.

2 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

According to the Grauniad Transfer Interactive, we're  £5.5 m in profit. Konate in

and 16 out.

Why the fuck is autocorrecting changing Konate to Monster.

You are Eric Hall and I claim my £5

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

With the amount of games, both at club and International level coming up, it's almost negligent to go in to the season with only four real options for 6 positions.

Origi and Minamino aren't going to make it here. Kaide Gordon is a 16 year old kid. 

If we've genuinely let Shaqiri go with no intention of replacing him, then that is beyond fucking stupid.

Obviously the window is still open, but if we don't sign anybody tomorrow then maybe it is time to seriously start questioning FSG and their lack of ambition.

About as stupid as needing a defender in January to help us push on and defend our title but I stead go bargain basement diving on the last day of the transfer window. 

31 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

About as stupid as needing a defender in January to help us push on and defend our title but I stead go bargain basement diving on the last day of the transfer window. 

I don't see that at all and I'm surprised people do. We had our eyes on 2 CB, both played for Leipzig. They were unlikely to sell in January without a ridiculous offer, and once we drew them in the Champions League any chance of a deal was done. 

Yes they probably could have moved quicker for a player on loan but they were never likely to just go and buy option C in desperation. 

• Upvote 1

If we've genuinely let Shaqiri go with no intention of replacing him, then that is beyond fucking stupid.

If he was playing regularly I'd agree but he spent more time on the bench or injured than he did on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I don't see that at all and I'm surprised people do. We had our eyes on 2 CB, both played for Leipzig. They were unlikely to sell in January without a ridiculous offer, and once we drew them in the Champions League any chance of a deal was done. 

Yes they probably could have moved quicker for a player on loan but they were never likely to just go and buy option C in desperation. 

Missed opportunity, think of the mileage we could have got complaining about who we did buy when clubs were buying Konate and Upamecano.

19 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If he was playing regularly I'd agree but he spent more time on the bench or injured than he did on the pitch.

The point is we've only got four players at the level required for three attacking positions, and two of them have been off form for the past twelve months. We are pretty well stocked in other areas but we need to bring in at least one attacker that can compete with the other four.

15 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It does seem weird that Nat is still here.  He's obviously down to 5th choice and there were lots of rumours of interest at the start of the summer.

Maybe we've been waiting to the end of the window to sell him, so we don't have time to spend the money.

I think we were looking at £15 million for him, however teams know that he is our 5th choice defender and that despite a brilliant finish to last season, he still doesn't have a lot of first team football under his belt. It feels like all these stories about us needing to sell before we buy have started to backfire on us. 

I think we were looking at £15 million for him, however teams know that he is our 5th choice defender and that despite a brilliant finish to last season, he still doesn't have a lot of first team football under his belt. It feels like all these stories about us needing to sell before we buy have started to backfire on us. 

Ok, but it did seem that there might be a little competition going on for him.  A bit surprising that no-one at least slapped down a £10 million bid or something to see if they could get a deal done.

4 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Ok, but it did seem that there might be a little competition going on for him.  A bit surprising that no-one at least slapped down a £10 million bid or something to see if they could get a deal done.

Probably waiting for today to try and get him on loan with a view to a move. Same with Origi

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Probably waiting for today to try and get him on loan with a view to a move. Same with Origi

Guarantee that's what's going to come in for Origi. Loan with option to buy. We'll reject it because we can't replace him in time and instead keep him so he can not get picked for any game ever.