manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

Just now, an tha said:

Mid table clubs regularly overpay for mediocrity as they can't attract the best and they are desperate to try and add players who they hope will kick them on/or keep them clear of getting dragged into trouble.

Like Arsenal

Smacks of succession planning for Leeds. It’s not a player or position they currently need.

They are probably being sensible in preparing for life beyond Raphina, who they’ll expect big money bids for next summer. 

To @FrenchEyeGlass point about we've spent the least. I've not tracked over the weekend, but this is supposedly the end of last week. One table in spend, the other net spend. I've not idea how we're on 11m net spend though, we've got just on 30m.for shaq, Wilson and grujic haven't we? Then there's the lad who never played for us and was on loan in Germany and belguim (can't think of his name) for about 6m and another free small ones and the ings top up. 

Screenshot_20210830-195402.jpg

Screenshot_20210830-195345.jpg

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Both had far more experience in the top flight than Brewster and he went for a similar fee.

That was a mind boggling fee as well.  Also pre Covid.

Just now, an tha said:

Just looking through transfers and seems chelsea got more or less the same for victor moses as we did for shaqiri....

Laughable that.

But according to that we got 5.4m for shaq except we spent a week reading how brilliant Edwards was getting us 9m when they only offered 5. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

But according to that we got 5.4m for shaq except we spent a week reading how brilliant Edwards was getting us 9m when they only offered 5. 

Usually a good source - but looks might be inaccurate as stands.

The 5.4ml is the base fee, there was reported add ons aswell. Of which you assume is Champions league qualification etc

17 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The 5.4ml is the base fee, there was reported add ons aswell. Of which you assume is Champions league qualification etc

Are you suggesting Edwards is not a negotiating genuis? 

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

€200 million no player is worth that, they aren't that superior to the alternatives. They're brilliant but not that brilliant. 

It's not worth it to Madrid to get him a year early, it's not worth it to PSG to keep him for a year. 

Reports Willian at Arsenal has given up his contract there to move to Corinthians (the ones in Brazil not the ones across the park!)

He was on 240k a fucking week!

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

To @FrenchEyeGlass point about we've spent the least. I've not tracked over the weekend, but this is supposedly the end of last week. One table in spend, the other net spend. I've not idea how we're on 11m net spend though, we've got just on 30m.for shaq, Wilson and grujic haven't we? Then there's the lad who never played for us and was on loan in Germany and belguim (can't think of his name) for about 6m and another free small ones and the ings top up. 

Yeah I dont think that is right mate. We have definitely made a profit this window and thats before mentioning shaq. I will find source for what I posted earlier again, but pretty sure we are bottom of net spend.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Rumours Firmino out for 2/3 months

It will at least be 1-2 months, it's a hamstring injury.

They will delay the announcement until after the window closes, 100%. How fucking long does it take to do a scan nowadays?

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

It will at least be 1-2 months, it's a hamstring injury.

They will delay the announcement until after the window closes, 100%. How fucking long does it take to do a scan nowadays?

He had it yesterday. There's absolutely no way the club don't know the outcome now.