You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

If we had Mbappe playing for us today, I'm not sure the result would be any different.  Agree?

Ok, with that in mind, and I believe that, then how do we turn 1 point into 3?

Or, do we accept that sometimes the European champions can keep a clean sheet for 45 minutes? 

in this imaginary world Mbappe wouldn’t but Haaland defo would have. 

10 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Chelsea played 5 games against Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, and Man City in the knockout rounds of the CL and only conceded 1 goal. 

They beat us 1-0 at Anfield last season, so we're already better off this season. 

Perfection isn't a realistic option.  

We've been (relatively) shite in attack for months, not just today. I don't need to watch us struggle to score against mid table fodder again to know its bound to happen.

Mane has been shite for over a year, Bobby for 2. We need to sign an attacker, its not even debatable. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm not saying it's black or white, it's also reading between the lines. Since Klopp has been here, the majority of the players we've bought have been very specific profiles and in a price range of around 25-45m. If there's no such attacker in that range that they like, that clubs are willing to sell or that they think can get enough game time to justify the investment, they won't do it. We seemingly just waited this summer to sign Konate despite the fact we had a CB crisis in January.

It's usually what happens. Klopp is probably not thinking; "we just need to replace Minamino and Origi no matter what". It's probably about specific replacements that they right now can't get.

Stop characterizing this as some principal Klopp is sticking to as he thinks that's the only route to success.We've bought attackers in that price range because he's been given constraints to work within. 

If Klopp could go out tomorrow and buy Haaland or some other 100M signing, he fucking would. He did it with Allison and VVD and look how that turned out.

Everything Klopp says in press conferences is performative bollocks, as it should be. He's not soft, he thinks Origi is useless and Ox is too. But he's going to come out and talk them up because doing the opposite is not helpful at all. He'd rather try squeeze the 30% of value they could offer out of them, because he's got no other option but to.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Stop characterizing this as some principal Klopp is sticking to as he thinks that's the only route to success.We've bought attackers in that price range because he's been given constraints to work within. 

If Klopp could go out tomorrow and buy Haaland or some other 100M signing, he fucking would. He did it with Allison and VVD and look how that turned out.

Everything Klopp says in press conferences is performative bollocks, as it should be. He's not soft, he thinks Origi is useless and Ox is too. But he's going to come out and talk them up because doing the opposite is not helpful at all. He'd rather try squeeze the 30% of value they could offer out of them, because he's got no other option but to.

Yeah, no shit. Is that supposed to be some incredible point? "Coach would buy one of best players in world if he could". Right, yeah.

But also I think it's a little more obvious why we'd pay for van Dijk and Alisson when we had a crap defense and Karius in goal and why we'd be more selective about buying a 5th forward.

As for him being performative, you don't know this. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, no shit. Is that supposed to be some incredible point? "Coach would buy one of best players in world if he could". Right, yeah.

But also I think it's a little more obvious why we'd pay for van Dijk and Alisson when we had a crap defense and Karius in goal and why we'd be more selective about buying a 5th forward.

As for him being performative, you don't know this. 

No, it's meant to highlight how fucking dumb of a point it is to allude to there not being a viable attacker out there we can buy. 

We are not buying a 5th choice forward, I wish people would stop fucking saying this. Bobby has been shite for 2 years, Mane for 1.5 years, we are buying a first team attacker. Problem is that Klopp has about 15m to do this with, which is why he says there is "nobody available".

Yes I fucking do know it, Klopp isn't soft, he doesn't think there is "nobody you can buy on the transfer market" who has Ox's dynamism. He says a ton of stuff which we all know is bollocks but has a purpose. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

No, it's meant to highlight how fucking dumb of a point it is to allude to there not being a viable attacker out there we can buy. 

We are not buying a 5th choice forward, I wish people would stop fucking saying this. Bobby has been shite for 2 years, Mane for 1.5 years, we are buying a first team attacker. Problem is that Klopp has about 15m to do this with, which is why he says there is "nobody available".

Yes I fucking do know it, Klopp isn't soft, he doesn't think there is "nobody you can buy on the transfer market" who has Ox's dynamism. He says a ton of stuff which we all know is bollocks but has a purpose. 

We have 15m do we? You know Klopp is performative, do you? Look, if you're just gonna make stuff up and pull numbers out of your ass there's no point. 

And I didn't say 5th choice, I said 5th attacker because we'd have 5. It stands to reason we'd probably not spunk a bid in the van Dijk region, whether we have the money or not, on a 5th forward, when we have 4 forwards Klopp likes already. I'm not even sure we'd do our usual 35m type player either even if Firmino and Mane are shite now because if we were to buy an attacker of a high level, the club and Klopp probably wouldn't think it's great having one of Firmino and Mane, two players on high wages, on their second contracts, who have been at the club for a long time and have a big standing in the squad, on the bench for the most part. That part of it is speculation from me, but that's all you've posted, so I'll do it too.

And this isn't me saying I wouldn't want us to buy a forward, I don't really care about all those things, but to ignore them I think is ridiculous. I wouldn't mind seeing Mane on the bench, he's been shite. I would have sold him this summer if it was possible and bought two attackers to replace him, but that's not realistic. 

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I wanted Adama Traore last week.

I watch us today, and I still want Adama Traore. 

You're a 10 man defence, you're getting the job done minute-by-minute, then suddenly this Olympic sprinter built like a hod-carrier decides to fuck a hole in your fullback, it's a full breach, he's at the byline and the alarm is screaming.  That's what Traore would bring.  

7 hours ago, CapeRed said:

And yet I have not seen any names put up by anybody. I am notvsaying there isnt one out there, just havent seen one named.

Comedic timing.,,.

8 hours ago, Moo said:

Yep this has crept in too in defence of FSG - name someone who's "available".  Just fuck off.  It's a trick question designed to stump anyone who questions FSG's ambition.  How the fuck would us supporters know who's available?

At best we could name someone who's potentially affordable and get-able if we had owners willing to spend some money.

A trick question ?fuck off , . Defence of FSG ?? Its a genuine question in response to all the posters saying we should buy someone and FSG are shite. For the record I think we do need to buy another striker I dont think FSG are shite owners.

9 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I wanted Adama Traore last week.

I watch us today, and I still want Adama Traore. 

You're a 10 man defence, you're getting the job done minute-by-minute, then suddenly this Olympic sprinter built like a hod-carrier decides to fuck a hole in your fullback, it's a full breach, he's at the byline and the alarm is screaming.  That's what Traore would bring.  

£40m+ on a Wolves sub with a woeful goals/assists record is a special kind of unambitious.

Mane and Bobby have stank it out for fuck knows how long, too many using the excuse of they both play on emotion, they’ll be better with the crowds back, fact is both have been shite.

We need to get a number 9 in and play Salah and Jota or it’s going to be the same old shite as last season of creating fuck all up front and looking toothless.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’ve literally been saying this for the past 4-5 years,

During which we won the league and CL, so we didn't really need anyone then.

Now we do, as Mane and Bobby are not elite level forwards anymore. Won't happen though, we'll hope they come good.

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

During which we won the league and CL, so we didn't really need anyone then.

Now we do, as Mane and Bobby are not elite level forwards anymore. Won't happen though, we'll hope they come good.

Of course, we’ve done great but I reckon with a class proper number 9 we probably could’ve won it in Kiev and the league the year after, 

2 hours ago, CapeRed said:

A trick question ?fuck off , . Defence of FSG ?? Its a genuine question in response to all the posters saying we should buy someone and FSG are shite. For the record I think we do need to buy another striker I dont think FSG are shite owners.

It's not a genuine question to ask who's available. The answer most of the time will be "err", just think about it. Did we, the supporters, know Jota was available? If not how on earth did we sign him?