You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

19 minutes ago, Moo said:

We wouldn't have Van Dijk and Alisson without Klopp, two massive parts of the puzzle.

We certainly wouldn't have van Dijk if Klopp had followed the advice of the FF screaming for him to just sign any CB better than what we had. Quite similar to the calls now actually. Maybe he knows what he's doing.

10 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

We certainly wouldn't have van Dijk if Klopp had followed the advice of the FF screaming for him to just sign any CB better than what we had. Quite similar to the calls now actually. Maybe he knows what he's doing.

No he clearly saw something very special in Van Dijk worth waiting for, the only time he's not been persuaded to move onto a second choice, I think.  Thankfully.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

I think you’re misrepresenting  @Jose Jones there Barry. Don’t think he evert said that. My point is without Klopp, we probably would’ve got the same set of players as we do now. Whether a different manager would be able to get as much out of the players as Klopp is questionable. I’d say unlikely. However if it was only down to Klopp alone, two of our best players over that past 5 years wouldn’t be at the club. So in the interest of fairness, you gotta give the recruiters some credit too.

Because top quality players were queuing up to join us under Rodgers weren’t they? 

So many so he had to ask Gerrard to try to convince them to join because he was a nobody in world football. 

When we pay less in wages than all our rivals do you think world class players sign for Klopp or the transfer committee? 

Firmino went off injured today, will we sign somebody before the window ends? Will we fuck. Joke of a fucking club.

Regardless of the fact that Bobby has been shite for nearly 2 years now, losing him today exposes how bare bones we are . We have an out of form Mane who we simply can't drop and then resorted to bringing on Tsimikas when we needed a goal. 

Divock Origi didn't even make the bench. Ox, who apparently Jurgen thinks is the kind of dynamic player "you can't find on the market now", didn't make an appearance. We relied on a (albeit talented) 18 year old youngster to be our attacking midfield option for the entire game.

We need to sign a fucking attacker. Even if it's Patson Daka esque (edit) or some other modest signing with high potential. We basically only have 4 attackers, 2 of them have been shite for ages and 1 of them is now carrying an injury.

9 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Firmino went off injured today, will we sign somebody before the window ends? Will we fuck. Joke of a fucking club.

Regardless of the fact that Bobby has been shite for nearly 2 years now, losing him today exposes how bare bones we are . We have an out of form Mane who we simply can't drop and then resorted to bringing on Tsimikas when we needed a goal. 

Divock Origi didn't even make the bench. Ox, who apparently Jurgen thinks is the kind of dynamic player "you can't find on the market now", didn't make an appearance. We relied on a (albeit talented) 18 year old youngster to be our attacking midfield option for the entire game.

We need to sign a fucking attacker. Even it's Patson Daka or some other modest signing with high potential. We basically only have 4 attackers, 2 of them have been shite for ages and 1 of them is now carrying an injury.

You know he signed for Leicester don't you?

38 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

We need to sign a fucking attacker. Even if it's Patson Daka esque (edit) or some other modest signing with high potential. We basically only have 4 attackers, 2 of them have been shite for ages and 1 of them is now carrying an injury.

Patson Daka , so good he has yet to start for Leicester. Why do you follow this joke of a club ? Its pointless making a signing if he wont improve the side. I would like us to sign somebody but tell me who it should be thats available and good enough.

12 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Patson Daka , so good he has yet to start for Leicester. Why do you follow this joke of a club ? Its pointless making a signing if he wont improve the side. I would like us to sign somebody but tell me who it should be thats available and good enough.

I agree with you in principle but the notion that there’s no players available good enough to improve us is such a nonsense. We have an entire network of scouts and analysts, it’s not the job of the fans to identify who we can buy. A fun point of discussion but by no mean definitive proof of there not being any players for us.

We were crying out for a midfielder who could run behind them today and we kept him on the bench. Same as when we had that shite run last year. What’s the point in staying here if you’re ox and can’t get on before an 18 year old kid and you see a left back get brought on to replace the other one with 5 minutes to go.

Too many on that bench who’ve been here far to long and aren’t gonna get better. 

• Like 1

I wanted Adama Traore last week.

I watch us today, and I still want Adama Traore. 

You're a 10 man defence, you're getting the job done minute-by-minute, then suddenly this Olympic sprinter built like a hod-carrier decides to fuck a hole in your fullback, it's a full breach, he's at the byline and the alarm is screaming.  That's what Traore would bring.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

I agree with you in principle but the notion that there’s no players available good enough to improve us is such a nonsense. We have an entire network of scouts and analysts, it’s not the job of the fans to identify who we can buy. A fun point of discussion but by no mean definitive proof of there not being any players for us.

And yet I have not seen any names put up by anybody. I am notvsaying there isnt one out there, just havent seen one named.

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

You're a 10 man defence, you're getting the job done minute-by-minute, then suddenly this Olympic sprinter built like a hod-carrier decides to fuck a hole in your fullback, it's a full breach, he's at the byline and the alarm is screaming.  That's what Traore would bring.  

For a player who needs space to run into an 8 man low block doesn't seem like the best match.

21 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

He'd do fuck all over the 10 yards available behind the defence.

34 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

You're a 10 man defence, you're getting the job done minute-by-minute, then suddenly this Olympic sprinter built like a hod-carrier decides to fuck a hole in your fullback, it's a full breach, he's at the byline and the ball is now out of play again

Fixed

43 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

And yet I have not seen any names put up by anybody. I am notvsaying there isnt one out there, just havent seen one named.

i could easily name about 10 players, in fact i named about 4 the other day, but i cant be fucking arsed. i dont need to fucking prove to you that there is a player out there that can improve our attacking options, its obvious.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

Yep this has crept in too in defence of FSG - name someone who's "available".  Just fuck off.  It's a trick question designed to stump anyone who questions FSG's ambition.  How the fuck would us supporters know who's available?

At best we could name someone who's potentially affordable and get-able if we had owners willing to spend some money.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Because you're asking who's available, an almost impossible question to answer.

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

Because you're asking who's available, an almost impossible question to answer.

I'll give you one.

Anthony Martial is available, probably 35-40 mil - can play central, or off the left. Has scored golas in this league.

What would you think about a player of that calibre?

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

At least shaqiri had the ambition to move on. Origi isn't arsed one bit and Ox is comfortable on his wages and getting the odd 20 minutes every 3 games.

Shaqiri would have been a good option to bring on today. He done well getting off tho cos he wouldn’t have been sent out to warm up today.