manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

There's no way we were ever going to that Haaland or Mbappe party. If reports of the money Riola wanted for himself doing a deal for Haaland are to be believed, Id rather Haaland goes elsewhere on principle.

'

I look forward to seeing the Henderson shuffle to hold principles above his head!

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Nope. He's factually incorrect. And his own team decisions have proved that so far. 

Does this quote actually have to be spelt out for you? He's not saying we literally can't improve, he's saying there's no player we want to sign that is available. If there was, we'd sign one. How does this need to be explained? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

There's no way we were ever going to that Haaland or Mbappe party. If reports of the money Riola wanted for himself doing a deal for Haaland are to be believed, Id rather Haaland goes elsewhere on principle.

Yep, I purposely didn't mention money because I think even Van Dijk and Allison were in that Jota/Raphina  bracket of players the club just obviously felt the ceiling was significantly high enough to warrant the extra money (helped by the Coutinho money and Van Dijk issue obviously) and that they would go on to be the best versions of the player while they were here.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Greatest post ever. 

Klopp talks out his arse and his team selections show it. 

Absolutely priceless.

You really are a special type of retard. 

Im pretty sure your a jobless cunt.

• Downvote 10

Look, let’s cut the crap. Anyone saying we can’t improve on Origi and still give sufficient game time to whoever is brought in (via rotation and substitutions) is talking out of their bumhole. And with Shaq gone there is no reason we shouldn’t be looking to do it in this window. None.

And I don’t care what Klopp says. Klopp is always positive. It’s in his nature. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Does this quote actually have to be spelt out for you? He's not saying we literally can't improve, he's saying there's no player we want to sign that is available. If there was, we'd sign one. How does this need to be explained? 

So theres no player, across this earth that a Club the size of LFC can't sign? ok.

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

You can mock all you want. Your failure to acknowledge this is simply staggering. 

Although you bitch constantly, you never offer an opinion on what could change.

So, given we’ve spent c.£40m (give or take) on Salah, Mane, Jota & Firmino, if you had that amount to spend on another attacker, who would you go for?

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Im pretty sure your a jobless cunt.

I have a well paid job, thank you. 

I’m a clever lad. It’s amazing what being able to do simple maths and drawing reasonable conclusions can help you achieve. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Look, let’s cut the crap. Anyone saying we can’t improve on Origi and still give sufficient game time to whoever is brought in (via rotation and substitutions) is talking out of their bumhole. And with Shaq gone there is no reason we shouldn’t be looking to do it in this window. None.

And I don’t care what Klopp says. Klopp is always positive. It’s in his nature. 

Ive said it before but this cunts on here won't have it because everything Jurgen says is gospel.

Jurgen is an employee. He gets paid by our owners to do a job .He doesn't fucking swagger around the gaff mouthing off about owners, I don't think any employee would do that. He's a professional and gets on with his job. He says the right things and he doesn't rock the boat.

Doesn't mean for one second he's happy about stuff.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Must. Resist. Temptation….

Touche! I’m blaming auto correct. Still, edited now. 

50 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Yes because we clearly can't improve upon Adrian taking up an uncessary space on the bench. 

3rd choice keeper and your whingeing. FFS, Klopp must be useless.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ive said it before but this cunts on here won't have it because everything Jurgen says is gospel.

Jurgen is an employee. He gets paid by our owners to do a job .He doesn't fucking swagger around the gaff mouthing off about owners, I don't think any employee would do that. He's a professional and gets on with his job. He says the right things and he doesn't rock the boat.

Alternatively it doesnt mean for 1 second he's unhappy. 

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Except when he does, and when other managers have, and when managers of other clubs have.

Just now, CapeRed said:

Alternatively it doesnt mean for 1 second he's unhappy. 

No it doesn't you are right. But he was definitely unhappy last season (although he wasn't apparently according to people on here).

lets see where we are at at Christmas when the fixtures come thick and fast. maybe we will see his lovely positive outlook then.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Hes fucking shite.

And that why hes 3rd choice . FFS we had Andy Lonergan there a couple of seasons back. But give us an idea who you would have Joe Hart???

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

No it doesn't you are right. But he was definitely unhappy last season (although he wasn't apparently according to people on here).

lets see where we are at at Christmas when the fixtures come thick and fast. maybe we will see his lovely positive outlook then.

You seem like the fella who smells flowers and looks for a coffin.