manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

27 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

If United, would Cavani be available?

Scores goals, (apparently) doesn't need to play in every match.

I think the old geezer is on near 300k a week.

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This quote will be ignored by the usual suspects. 

Clearly.

11 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It was said with a seething rage, you could see it behind the relaxed smile.

I'd like 1 or two more but it's purely from the perspective of new things are nice.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's taking the piss out of the supporters saying "I promise" while he's clearly lying through his teeth and acting as FSG's human shield. Disgusting. 

That’s why he’s said his teeth and eyes fixed.  So supporters can’t call his bluff. They can’t see his tell anymore. The devious lengths FSG will sink to.

I’d like another attacker and I confess, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t sign one. I don’t think Minamino or Origi are good enough. If we get injuries, we don’t want to be relying on those 2 or playing Ox out of position or putting big pressure on Elliot. We can probably get through the odd game like that but I would want to be rely on that for weeks on end. 

However, if we don’t sign one, I won’t be pissing my pants all over the forum. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Lineker is an utter cunt these days. (Possibly always has been & I never saw it). 

And surely those 100's of millions of fans walk away from Citeh once Ronaldo fucks off? 

What type of ungodly cunt supports a player and not a team? 

I wish nothing but unpleasant things for you for the remainder of your days

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

I think the old geezer is on near 300k a week.

Yeah, I realized that after I'd posted.

But I think he'd be a great option off the bench for the one year of his contract.

10 in the Prem, 6 in UEFA.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Here’s two Scott

CCC6A97E-36AA-496D-9FC6-C9241969A7B3.jpeg

0CE0A3C9-F1F8-4E93-AC1B-847BE7BB2AC3.png

Was just about to post that if I had to sign 2 or three players between now and next summer the players I'd pick were probably far too unambitious for many on here but you went and trumped it.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is Ronaldo still good. I saw him in the Euros and its like he was carried for the game but still given all the focus but clearly still capable of finishing.

He's not the Ronaldo people remember but he'll bang in some goals....which wasn't an issue anyway.

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's taking the piss out of the supporters saying "I promise" while he's clearly lying through his teeth and acting as FSG's human shield. Disgusting. 

Yes because we clearly can't improve upon Adrian taking up an uncessary space on the bench. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I think this is the signing that @Bruce Spanner's contact was hinting at last week.

Surely the saviours of football, Man Utd fans, will be up in arms at the egregious use of money. 

I doubt it, I think this has come out of nowhere and they are prepared to throw everything at it as it meets the need to get the fans excited and makes them seem relevant on the international stage.

Like I said, no idea who the signing would be, only that their accounts were told to create a new player account.

My thinking would have been Trippier, but genuinelly have no idea beyond a guess.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The idea that we can't be improved is nonsense. Were skint accept it, we will buy when we sell. We will buy big when we sell big. It is what it is.

I don't think he means we literally can't be improved, it's a combination of factors (money and value being some of them.).

So the ultimate professional didn't just down tools - he got up and left - with 4 days left in the window.

In 5 years when people look back at the last chapters of Messi and Ronaldo how do you think that will play out?

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The idea that we can't be improved is nonsense. Were skint accept it, we will buy when we sell. We will buy big when we sell big. It is what it is.

Look, Klopp and I quote "promises" we'd sign a player if we were interested. What else can he say to prove that the club aren't just hamstringing him? This is getting ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Yes because we clearly can't improve upon Adrian taking up an uncessary space on the bench. 

Seriously, how can you get worked up about our 3rd choice keeper? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Here’s two Scott

CCC6A97E-36AA-496D-9FC6-C9241969A7B3.jpeg

0CE0A3C9-F1F8-4E93-AC1B-847BE7BB2AC3.png

I’d rather we kept our money than sign either of those. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Look, Klopp and I quote "promises" we'd sign a player if we were interested. What else can he say to prove that the club aren't just hamstringing him? This is getting ridiculous. 

Nothing.

Some people don't believe him.

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think that might be the current situation, which is understandable. 

I don’t think it was in the past. Yes, Coutinho bought VVD and Alisson but he didn’t buy Salah, Mane, Fabinho, Keita, Ox etc. 

I suppose if you look at it in numbers, we are covered up front. 

First choice of Mane, Salah and Firmino. 

Second choice of Jota, Origi, Minamino

Emergency of Elliot & Ox. 

It’s the fact Origi and Minamino aren’t good enough which is the issue. Even a

Jota type upgrade on either of those would be hugely beneficial. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1