You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

4 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Where or when did he admit to rape? Seems like a pretty serious thing to admit to without any consequences. 

I think it is based on leaked papers of answers he gave to a lawyer's questionnaire to Der Spiegel, which, if they were genuine, would not look good and would intimate that sex took place after she had said no. 

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/cristiano-ronaldo-new-documents-emerge-in-rape-allegations-a-1241349.html

33 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think it is based on leaked papers of answers he gave to a lawyer's questionnaire to Der Spiegel, which, if they were genuine, would not look good and would intimate that sex took place after she had said no. 

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/cristiano-ronaldo-new-documents-emerge-in-rape-allegations-a-1241349.html

Fucking hell, if those first sets of translations are verbatim then he is both a rapist and an extremely honest one because he actually admits to it. Probably why City would appeal to him, the owners probably have very convincing methods of making women silent.

45 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yup the mysterious vanishing prize money of CL runners up and winners and a Prem League win.

Oh wait i forgot IT ALL WENT ON BONUSES. Silly me.

And that £120m COVID19 hole, but don’t let that get in the way of your same tedious argument. 

Anyhoo, Ronaldo. I don’t know what to make of it. 

Obviously has been an unbelievable player. Although his powers will be on the decline, he’ll still be amongst the best players the league. His record in Italy, the CL and internationally is still almost 1:1.

To me, a transfer to City just doesn’t feel right.

I could see Kane being an even bigger star at City than he is now. His link up play has improved immeasurably and he still bags 20+ a season. He’s much more a team player. 

It sounds like City want Ronaldo to play as a #9. He might have it in his locker but I can’t recall him dropping deep and linking up play to the extent City would expect. 

Alrhough Man Utd, Madrid and Juventus will always have more possession because they were the top sides, they aren’t the possession minded sides City are.

Like Grealish, given his performances at his previous clubs, I actually think he’ll slow their play down. He’ll certainly be taking more shots rather than looking for that extra pass.

I could see stuff like this could leading to butting heads with Mr Barcelona Guardiola. Sides have been designed to get the best out of Ronaldo. I know Guardiola built his side around an early 20’s Messi and got the best out of him as a false 9, but I don’t see City setting up to be as geared up to play to 36 year old Ronaldo’s strengths in the same way. 

No doubt the greasy cunt will unfortunately prove me wrong and be absolutely awesome for them and bang in 40+ goals again, but I have a feeling / hunch it could end in tears. 

I read City are open to offers for Silva and Sterling. If they sell those 2 and sign Ronaldo and Grealish, I don’t think they’ve strengthened this summer. 

Maybe player for player but not in terms of players who fit their style - it’s about the right player, not the most expensive or flashy. 

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I read City are open to offers for Silva and Sterling. If they sell those 2 and sign Ronaldo and Grealish, I don’t think they’ve strengthened this summer. 

Maybe player for player but not in terms of players who fit their style - it’s about the right player, not the most expensive or flashy. 

Ronaldo would get 40 goals a season for them without leaving the opposition penalty area. The cunt.