You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

9 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

If nothing else, he's a player driven to succeed.

City could use a bit of that, to go along with the goal-scoring.

Hope it doesn't happen.

Don’t give a shit. Juventus have been a markedly worse team since his arrival, and City will have to significantly change their style of play to get the most out of a 36 year old who simply cannot be benched unless he gives Guardiola permission to do so.

See we are getting linked with David Marshall

Not sure i get it, surely this would have been a idea before you resign Adrian, even if Kelleher goes out on loan(the reports say he wont) Marshall won't count as home grown as he came through the ranks in Scotland. Unless Adrian has decided he wants out, all seems strange

Personally I think Ronaldo is still a top player. He obviously isn't the player he was, but still a player who would get in almost any team in the world. He actually seems like he loves winning and still has that boyish desire to win trophies.

The flip side of the argument is that he has always been the main man and Pep won't allow that especially when he is 36 or 37. Their personalities are so different. I actually think Jurgen would manage a guy like Ronaldo far better than Pep.

He's a really elite player who I have grudgingly enjoyed at times, but I'm cautiously hopeful that this could turn out to do more harm than good for City.

16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

See we are getting linked with David Marshall

Not sure i get it, surely this would have been a idea before you resign Adrian, even if Kelleher goes out on loan(the reports say he wont) Marshall won't count as home grown as he came through the ranks in Scotland. Unless Adrian has decided he wants out, all seems strange

Came through the ranks at Celtic 

Has anyone noticed the echo have scaled back in the "save millions" stories over the last couple of weeks and the new thing they're into is klopp/Edwards/FSG proved right. 

Cristiano Ronaldo move to Man City would prove Jurgen Klopp right

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cristiano-ronaldo-transfer-man-city-21410624#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Has anyone noticed the echo have scaled back in the "save millions" stories over the last couple of weeks and the new thing they're into is klopp/Edwards/FSG proved right. 

Cristiano Ronaldo move to Man City would prove Jurgen Klopp right

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cristiano-ronaldo-transfer-man-city-21410624#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

These twats really steal a living. There's been loads recently. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Personally I think Ronaldo is still a top player. He obviously isn't the player he was, but still a player who would get in almost any team in the world. He actually seems like he loves winning and still has that boyish desire to win trophies.

The flip side of the argument is that he has always been the main man and Pep won't allow that especially when he is 36 or 37. Their personalities are so different. I actually think Jurgen would manage a guy like Ronaldo far better than Pep.

He's a really elite player who I have grudgingly enjoyed at times, but I'm cautiously hopeful that this could turn out to do more harm than good for City.

I mean, the real flip side of the argument is that he's an admitted rapist and he deserves to be in prison.

*considers making a joke about him replacing Mendy in the side, thinks better of it*

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I mean, the real flip side of the argument is that he's an admitted rapist and he deserves to be in prison.

*considers making a joke about him replacing Mendy in the side, thinks better of it*

Where or when did he admit to rape? Seems like a pretty serious thing to admit to without any consequences.