manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

45 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

That's the kind of thing that makes me think people just like transfers for transfers sake not because they're genuinely interested in the team.

It's become more important to spend the most or win the 'banter' wars than it has to actually play the game.

(Sorry for directing that at your post it's mainly a broader thought about the transfer window this was just a decent example of it).

No offense taken, mate.

I'm personally not that keen on transfers. History shows that clubs who don't make a lot of transfers often do better. I like it the old way, one or two solid additions every season to gel in with the team we already have.

My post was not a wish, just a speculation that made some sense to me.

I never understood why players retain agents when they end up taking a huge chunk of the fee for themselves.

Surely it makes better sense to pay a flat fee for a top law firm to negotiate your contract for you for a fraction of the cost of paying your agent.

I can see it now. 

FSG pocket a nice transfer fee for Salah while the echo pump out stories about how Origi can save Liverpool millions by filling the hole left by Mo and how next summer will be a big summer for Liverpool. 

Have to admit, Mbappe going to Madrid and PSG replacing him with Salah would be hilarious, if for no other reason than JW's latest fireside chat vid.

3 minutes ago, Horus said:

Have to admit, Mbappe going to Madrid and PSG replacing him with Salah would be hilarious, if for no other reason than JW's latest fireside chat vid.

Except it won't happen and you know it. 

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

I see Sir Lionheart Harold of Kane is staying at Tottenham then.....100% committed the lad is!!....

CD21EAD0-C746-49AA-A122-4922B947C230.png

Be great news as long as City don’t sign Lewendowski, Mbappe, Ronaldo or Haaland now.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

CD21EAD0-C746-49AA-A122-4922B947C230.png

Be great news as long as City don’t sign Lewendowski, Mbappe or Haaland now.

First thing I thought. They must har someone else lined up 

Just now, CapeRed said:

Except it won't happen and you know it. 

If Madrid are prepared to spunk nearly 200m on a dude with a year left n his contract, and PSG come to us with something similar for a 30 year old, then I have no idea how the club would react to that offer. We're one of the 4 decent/good/great teams in this league, so CL qualification is pretty much sorted by default.

Do I think it will happen? No.

Is it possible that under the right circumstances that it could? Absolutely.

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

First thing I thought. They must har someone else lined up 

Not convinced. Seems they’ve put all their hopes on Kane and have been priced out. 

If it’s one of the players I named, it’ll be hard to strike a deal this late.

Mbappe has been nailed on for Madrid for year (unfortunately), surely Haaland would have been 1st choice over Kane, I can’t see Bayern selling within the next week & I think Bayern would make a point of not selling to City. 

So that would only leave Ronaldo who’d be obtainable, but I can’t say it seems likely? 

That’s my hopes anyway. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Not convinced. Seems they’ve put all their hopes on Kane and have been priced out. 

Mbappe has been nailed on for Madrid for year (unfortunately), surely Haaland would have been 1st choice over Kane, I can’t see Bayern selling within the next week & I think Bayern would make a point of not selling to City. 

So that would only leave Ronaldo who’d be obtainable, but I can’t say it seems likely? 

That’s my hopes anyway. 

And they can fuck right off if they think we'd sell Origi to them.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

And they can fuck right off if they think we'd sell Origi to them.

Winning goals in CL Final…

Origi = 1

Kane, Mbappe, Haaland, Lewendowski = 0

£300m before we even consider picking up the phone.

• Upvote 10

25 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

That’s my hopes anyway. 

Halaand was never a runner for them.

Pep Guardiola

Continuing their feud, Raiola decided to emphasise that he would not allow any of his players to join Guardiola’s City, having branded the manager a “scumbag”.

“Pep Guardiola, the coach, is fantastic. As a person he’s an absolute zero. He’s a coward, a dog,” Raiola said.

“He’s a classic priest. ‘Do as I tell you – don’t do what I do….’ If Manchester City win the Champions League this season it will emphasise what a good coach he is – but I’ll hate it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

L'Équipe claim there is contact... 

The Man City journalist for the Athletic said Ronaldo was offered to City not long ago and that they weren't interested. But now that Kane is staying there might be a small chance.