You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

I hope we beat Chelsea, firstly for the 3 points, secondly to stop the Lukaku love-in and more importantly, to avoid an international break where this thread actually becomes a no-mans land inhabited by mercenaries full of devasting repartie    

• Upvote 1

Premier League clubs will not release players for international games in red-list countries - BBC Sport

The Premier League says its clubs have "reluctantly but unanimously" decided not to release players for matches in red-list countries during September's international break.

Under current UK government rules, players would be forced to miss several games because of the 10-day isolation period required on return to the UK.

The Premier League said it "strongly supported" the decision, which "will apply to nearly 60 players from 19 clubs who are due to travel to 26 red-list countries".

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Premier League clubs will not release players for international games in red-list countries - BBC Sport

The Premier League says its clubs have "reluctantly but unanimously" decided not to release players for matches in red-list countries during September's international break.

Under current UK government rules, players would be forced to miss several games because of the 10-day isolation period required on return to the UK.

The Premier League said it "strongly supported" the decision, which "will apply to nearly 60 players from 19 clubs who are due to travel to 26 red-list countries".

Is fucking right. And the premier League want to fight back over this extra game bullshit too. 

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

The Premier League still want there own extra game so can't see that one happening.

I mean this extra match for the international breaks they've added to this break and the next so our players would be playing until Friday morning in South America if covid wasn't keeping them here.... Which the government could make exceptions for yet as they have before. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I mean this extra match for the international breaks they've added to this break and the next so our players would be playing until Friday morning in South America if covid wasn't keeping them here.... Which the government could make exceptions for yet as they have before. 

Yeah, just think the PL are going to stay well clear of any opposition to additional games of any kind because they have a similar agenda around a 39th game.

18 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I hope we beat Chelsea, firstly for the 3 points, secondly to stop the Lukaku love-in and more importantly, to avoid an international break where this thread actually becomes a no-mans land inhabited by mercenaries full of devasting repartie    

If we beat Chelsea, Klopp is clearly an FSG shill trying to take the attention away from our lack of signings this window. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Good stuff. Probably benefits us more than any other club, with Salah and the three Brazilians. 

16 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

15 million in wages plus a loan fee seems a lot of dead money for a player that isn't yours

This

Stupid to pay out them sort of fees for a player that isn't yours

He turns 27 soon, the club already has plenty of players in its late 20s and needs a injection of youth. 

You would think Saul was fucking Lothar Mathtaus the way people are going on about him, and not a player who Simone wants rid of and has never been a full time international starter(10 starts). 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

This

Stupid to pay out them sort of fees for a player that isn't yours

He turns 27 soon, the club already has plenty of players in its late 20s and needs a injection of youth. 

You would think Saul was fucking Lothar Mathtaus the way people are going on about him, and not a player who Simone wants rid of and has never been a full time international starter(10 starts). 

Smacks of signing him so others can't, not going to lose any sleep over it.

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That FIFA extension is really taking the piss.  I think the government exception is unlikely because they refused one for the British Lions tour. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Smacks of signing him so others can't, not going to lose any sleep over it.

Exactly

I am begging to think all the players people online are screaming we should be signing, they might not have actually watched anymore than the 6 minute Welcome to.... Youtube clip. Or used them on FM or FIFA

We have Hendo,Thiago,Fabinho,Milner,Ox,Keita,Elliot,Jones as midfield option, in what world do you pay out another 15ml for a one year loan for another player. Who if you decide to keep him will cost another 40ml and 150/200k a week who will be nearly 28. Yeah in a ideal world i would see the back Ox,Keita and bring another in with it likely being the last season for Milner. But then we would be fucked having to sign another English player for squad reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Exactly

I am begging to think all the players people online are screaming we should be signing, they might not have actually watched anymore than the 6 minute Welcome to.... Youtube clip. Or used them on FM or FIFA

We have Hendo,Thiago,Fabinho,Milner,Ox,Keita,Elliot,Jones as midfield option, in what world do you pay out another 15ml for a one year loan for another player. Who if you decide to keep him will cost another 40ml and 150/200k a week who will be nearly 28. Yeah in a ideal world i would see the back Ox,Keita and bring another in with it likely being the last season for Milner. But then we would be fucked having to sign another English player for squad reasons. 

Get out of here with your reasoned thinking!

8 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Would probably be more like "makes no sense signing another player when Klopp is happy with the squad"

I think it's quite obvious that if you have the ability to sign players of Mbappe's quality, you don't have to care about what you have in the squad. 

37 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Yeah, just think the PL are going to stay well clear of any opposition to additional games of any kind because they have a similar agenda around a 39th game.

The 39th game is well dead isn't it? I could see more matches for other reasons. Or another competition abroad to replace the league cup or something, but I don't think the 39th is on the agenda. This additional game has been thrown in because FIFA believe 36 hours between kickoffs including travelling time is adequate. Luckily we have an extra 24 hours because of TV. But that doesn't apply to everyone.