You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

Unless there are exceptions that just aren’t being publicised, top four could be very, very difficult, let alone a title challenge, which would be simply impossible. We would need City-esque spending prior to the end of the window given the amount (and level) of the players who supposedly stand to be absent.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

This could be beyond ridiculous and the difference between winning the league or not.

So for example we could be without the 3 Brazilians, Mo, Sadio and Keita for Leeds away?!

Fuck off.

We miss the Brazilians for Leeds away regardless. FIFA have allowed Brazil an extra match in this group of games and the next, so Brazil don't play until Thursday night their time, Friday morning ours. It's a fucking joke. I'm a little surprised how quiet the premier League are about it all.  

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

This could be beyond ridiculous and the difference between winning the league or not.

So for example we could be without the 3 Brazilians, Mo, Sadio and Keita for Leeds away?!

Fuck off.

Guinea and Senegal are Amber list. 

Rules if you’re fully vaccinated

If you’re coming to England from an amber list country and have been fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the bodies listed in this guide you:

• must take a COVID-19 pre-departure test
  • must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 after you arrive in England – arrival day is day 0
  • do not have to quarantine

I find it hard to believe this could be case and especially it be case and us as a club not making noise about it/actively looking to do something.

These playere are our employees, our very expensively accquired and very highly paid employees and it can't be right to not have them fulfilling their jobs with us because they have been off working for someone else and have to quarantine on return.....just no way.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We miss the Brazilians for Leeds away regardless. FIFA have allowed Brazil an extra match in this group of games and the next, so Brazil don't play until Thursday night their time, Friday morning ours. It's a fucking joke. I'm a little surprised how quiet the premier League are about it all.  

Laughable, fucking laughable.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Guinea and Senegal are Amber list. 

Rules if you’re fully vaccinated

If you’re coming to England from an amber list country and have been fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the bodies listed in this guide you:

• must take a COVID-19 pre-departure test
  • must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 after you arrive in England – arrival day is day 0
  • do not have to quarantine

Senegal are travelling to Congo and Guinea to Guinea-Bissau, I don't know what list they're on.

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I do wonder if the players are all going to refuse to go which is why there's been little or no comment coming from the clubs or PL

Or there are exemptions in place.

As for the Brazil situation - that is fucking not on.

Raphinha has been called up to the Brazil squad, so at least Leeds will be without him for our game.

I like some of the Leed's players and I have a soft spot for Bielsa but anything less than 3 points even witout 4 elite players would be disappointing. They are absolutely kamikaze in how they play and it's hard to see how a team full of seasoned top pros like our lads won't put them to the sword. 

The African Cup of Nations doesn't seem to greatly impact us, but hopefully the other dates don't put a spanner in things. 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think someone from the government recently said there wasn't any exceptions. The story has been kicking around a few weeks now. I guess the only hope is the government change some rules. 

It's fucking staggering.

They really should just stop internationals until they can have them without these rules.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, an tha said:

It's fucking staggering.

They really should just stop internationals until they can have them without these rules.

Why the fuck didn't they fuck off the Copa America if they where so far behind schedule. Could have played all the qualifiers in the summer. 

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Does anyone know what the rules are in Spain, Italy, Germany and France with regards to players coming back from Brazil and/or their equivalents to ‘red’ countries? Is it only gonna be an issue for the big club teams in England?

They have to quarantine in the Adelphi whilst @Correct About Adrian & Face Masks administers Ivermectin and regret. 

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Rennes have made Camavinga available for 35m euros as he won't sign a new contract. He fits our strategy perfectly and with Elliott and Jones would set our base midfield up for the forseeable.

Would he even get a game for us this season?

20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Rennes have made Camavinga available for 35m euros as he won't sign a new contract. He fits our strategy perfectly and with Elliott and Jones would set our base midfield up for the forseeable.

Elliot and Jones are one of the reasons I can see us not signing him, it's a lot of young players to integrate into a midfield and find playing time for.