manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

35 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The stuff about Shaqiri going to Lyon has all gone a bit too quiet for me. 

DF5701A9-8411-471F-9B8B-471CF4735300.png

He wasn’t in the training photos earlier this week. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I know we do not like to get fleeced on outward transfer fees , but losing £4m in salary earnings in a year for a basically non-playing squad option has to be taken into account.

• Like 1

its not all doom and gloom!!........ well according to some of these football sites over the last few days. We are head of the queue for Haaland Mbappe Bellingham to name a few........yeh made laugh aswell  

SSN there talking about Lewandowski and where he could potentially move to. They spoke about City, Utd and Chelsea. Then PSG. No mention of us at all. Fuck sake the bastards know we don't sign arl bastards for big money no matter how good they are. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Apparently Lyon are trying to sell some bloke to Burnley to raise the money for incoming transfers.  Isn't that the Burnley who have bought no-one in the last couple of years?

25 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

Apparently Lyon are trying to sell some bloke to Burnley to raise the money for incoming transfers.  Isn't that the Burnley who have bought no-one in the last couple of years?

They’re selling a Cornet to buy a Big Shaq.

32 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

SSN there talking about Lewandowski and where he could potentially move to. They spoke about City, Utd and Chelsea. Then PSG. No mention of us at all. Fuck sake the bastards know we don't sign arl bastards for big money no matter how good they are. 

Which transfer gimps were on SSN? 

There is definitely some rising tension between Kaveh Solhekol & Dharmesh Sheth.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Which transfer gimps were on SSN? 

There is definitely some rising tension between Kaveh Solhekol & Dharmesh Sheth.

Sancho has signed for the Mancs so they've for nothing to talk about in a long drawn out manner with loads of dramatic pauses before saying something that means fuck all.

6 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Has El Rojo just confirmed that we are secretly in for Lewandowski?

Was actually talking about my striptease side hustle, but I can't see why we wouldn't be in for Lewa, given the way we're throwing cash around these days. 

• Upvote 1

Those Sky transfer shows are appallingly shite. An hour show run about four times a day that reveals absolutely nothing.

“Sky Sports understands” = “we read on Twitter”.

I think he'll still end up there before September, but Kane staying at Spurs would make the title a two horse race between ourselves and Chelsea. 

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

It looks like one of his go to moves is to kick it off the nearest defender then chase after it.

Wish this reel stayed with the play a couple of seconds longer in each clip - he definitely dribbled straight out of touch at least a couple of times.

19 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It looks like one of his go to moves is to kick it off the nearest defender then chase after it.

Wish this reel stayed with the play a couple of seconds longer in each clip - he definitely dribbled straight out of touch at least a couple of times.

Klopp’s got ways of fine tuning players like Traore.

PointlessSlimAmethystinepython-max-1mb.g

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

He’s probably the quickest player in the league, very very strong, and he’s an amazing dribbler. He had a very good season the year before last. He had an average season last year but then Wolves as a team did too. Don’t think he’ll reach Salah’s or Mane’s level but he’d be handy to have in the squad for the right price.

Last two seasons in the league 74 games 6 goals 12 assists. He is quick and powerful, nothing else. Jurgen might struggle there.

12 hours ago, Remmie said:

As someone who has barely seen him play, I need to understand the fuss with Traore. He rarely seems to start for Wolves and always has a terrible goal record. When people are talking about his strengths it usualy involves him being an impact sub. Shouldn't we be aiming for someone more ambitious?

Adama Traore won't be of any good to us. No consistent display of game intelligence, low number of assists and rarely scores. People just get taken in by the fact that he is strong and quick. And has some dribbling ability.

However,  if such people went on further to look up the perfect definition of "skillful player with no end product", Adama would be right up there flexing his massive muscles.