manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

This place seems to he regarded as the most accurate for tracking salaries. It does have div on 60k and Adrian too. It has shaq on 80k, but apparently he agreed 70k euros at Lyon, maybe we have to pay him off a bit or that's his sacrifice to play? 

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/

I think we'll have to bite the bullet and take the £5m or so for a player worth three times that pre-Covid. 

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

Bowen has been really good today. His Steve McClaren "island" hair rules him out for me though. 

He looks really good to me, and the perfect type of player.

11 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The amount of international football during a pandemic has been crazy. 

Supporters needs and players’ welfare have always been low on the list of priorities of the football authorities especially the international ones.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I’m sure there are some special regulations for elite sports people. 

If they were going to be quarantined for 10 days after every international break…

F47E6798-E865-440E-83DF-8118BBA1A8C0.png

Just before Xmas they’d miss…

Leeds A

CL

Palace H

Watford A

CL

Man Utd A

Arsenal H

CL

Southampton H

I can’t see it. 

If that is true its a season killer. No way it would happen.

5 hours ago, aws said:

I'm amazed that teams aren't queuing up for Nat because his wages can't be an issue. My bet is that Shaq and Nat will go at the end of the window and Div at the end of his contract. 

They will be, but are happy to wait and try and force our hand with a lower fee as we have no room for him, same with Origi and Shaq. Cheap or loan with a option to buy

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

I'd take a chance on Dominik Szoboszlai if they were looking for a false 9, serious injury held him back but he's fit again now. 

He only moved in January so way they are selling him yet

50 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If that is true its a season killer. No way it would happen.

It won’t. Given they have 3 games in September, I’d bet they all miss Leeds away.

3 hours ago, aws said:

I think we'll have to bite the bullet and take the £5m or so for a player worth three times that pre-Covid. 

Probably. But it swings both ways. I'm sure we'll be searching for bargains going the other way. 

7 hours ago, Chris said:

Bowen has been really good today. His Steve McClaren "island" hair rules him out for me though. 

Bowen is a good player. He’s better suited to us than Shaq, but not sure another wide attacker should be our priority at this point in time.

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Bowen is a good player. He’s better suited to us than Shaq, but not sure another wide attacker should be our priority at this point in time.

You thinking more along the lines of a number 9 by any chance?

• Upvote 2

Bowen is a fucking terrible shite, 40 fucking million for a lad who turns 25 in Dec and a 1 in 6 goal scoring record. 

I'm not sure we have any further precise targets, more a general list of players of great interest who we will look for any sensible opportunities to move for. 

I'd say that list would contain the following among others but not Mbappe due to what must be vast wage demands:

Bellingham

Haaland

Bowen

McGinn

Sarr

Tielemans

Olmo

Gravenberch

Sanches

It looks like City and Chelsea will have possibly excused themselves from the Haaland chase by signing Kane and Lukaku, same for PSG with Messi, so it could be that Haaland has suddenly climbed up in our list.  I don't see him going to Spain. I see it as a straight choice between us and United, and perhaps my money is on United but Haaland may have a problem with them due to his father being ex City and his dad being emasculated by ex-United captain Keane. 

8 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm not sure we have any further precise targets, more a general list of players of great interest who we will look for any sensible opportunities to move for. 

I'd say that list would contain the following among others but not Mbappe due to what must be vast wage demands:

Bellingham

Haaland

Bowen

McGinn

Sarr

Tielemans

Olmo

Gravenberch

Sanches

It looks like City and Chelsea will have possibly excused themselves from the Haaland chase by signing Kane and Lukaku, same for PSG with Messi, so it could be that Haaland has suddenly climbed up in our list.  I don't see him going to Spain. I see it as a straight choice between us and United, and perhaps my money is on United but Haaland may have a problem with them due to his father being ex City and his dad being emasculated by ex-United captain Keane. 

You couldn't see Haaland at Bayern replacing Lewandowski or Real Madrid for Benzema?

42 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

You couldn't see Haaland at Bayern replacing Lewandowski or Real Madrid for Benzema?

Nailed on IMO

Bayern's squad doesn't look as strong as normal this year, and Lewandowski is ancient. I don't rate Nagelsmann too highly as a coach either.

After a year of "underachieving" by potentially being drawn into a bit of a title race, Bayern's fans will be demanding Haaland be signed.

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Bowen is a fucking terrible shite, 40 fucking million for a lad who turns 25 in Dec and a 1 in 6 goal scoring record. 

Looking on FlashScore he’s scored 1 in 3.5 throughout his career.

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

Bayern's squad doesn't look as strong as normal this year, and Lewandowski is ancient. I don't rate Nagelsmann too highly as a coach either.

After a year of "underachieving" by potentially being drawn into a bit of a title race, Bayern's fans will be demanding Haaland be signed.

Not too shabby his record last year for an ancient man. 48 goals in 40 games for Bayern. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/robert-lewandowski/leistungsdaten/spieler/38253/saison/2020/plus/1

• Like 1