You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

15 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Doku looks like a raw talent that could be incredible under Jurgen.

I liked him when I saw him. Can't remember what Belgium game I watched him (maybe Italy) but he scared the shit out of some very good defenders.

I thought it looked like he was trying a bit to hard to get the goal himself. Young so could develop out of this, but seeing him shoot every time while Mo is making runs for him could be an issue.

Big talent though, great touch.

27 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Doku looks like a raw talent that could be incredible under Jurgen.

I liked him when I saw him. Can't remember what Belgium game I watched him (maybe Italy) but he scared the shit out of some very good defenders.

He is rapid, and could turn into something special under Jurgen. Guess it depends on negotiation now.

Doku:

"I was able to discuss with Jurgen [Klopp], Mane, [Georginio] Wijnaldum… [Steven] Gerrard too. I talked a lot with Mane but we didn't really talk about football. We talked about everything.

"He told me that I was young, that I still had time… he wasn't trying to convince me or to say to me 'come here, you will succeed'.

"I preferred to be careful. I know what my trajectory had to be. That’s why, at 15, I told myself it had become serious, because I’d seen my career. I know what route I needed to take and I knew at that moment I needed to stay at Anderlecht.

"As soon as I’m asked if I regret it, I always say no, because if Liverpool came to me at 15, if they like me, they’ll come back later, that’s certain. It’s up to me to be play well

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Doku only moved to Rennes last year for like £20m. Rennes would want significantly more than that.

I’ve seen £38m mentioned. 

Seems like our type of player - young, already good but plenty of future scope to improve. 

11 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Doku:

"I was able to discuss with Jurgen [Klopp], Mane, [Georginio] Wijnaldum… [Steven] Gerrard too. I talked a lot with Mane but we didn't really talk about football. We talked about everything.

"He told me that I was young, that I still had time… he wasn't trying to convince me or to say to me 'come here, you will succeed'.

"I preferred to be careful. I know what my trajectory had to be. That’s why, at 15, I told myself it had become serious, because I’d seen my career. I know what route I needed to take and I knew at that moment I needed to stay at Anderlecht.

"As soon as I’m asked if I regret it, I always say no, because if Liverpool came to me at 15, if they like me, they’ll come back later, that’s certain. It’s up to me to be play well

Anyone else singing this to the tune of Father and Son?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve seen £38m mentioned. 

Seems like our type of player - young, already good but plenty of future scope to improve. 

Probably a little outside of what FSG's sweet spot has been as it is pretty big dough for a youngster but I think they realize they need to transition to finding talent earlier, like a season or two earlier, without an additional transfer in between to bump the price up.

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Nobody coming in until someone leaves by the sounds of it. 

Nothing to see here, common sense really, our squad is packed already. I'd be more surprised if he said we were buying players without selling anyone.