You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Not sure what there is to mock. 

They potentially lose 4 quality players and gain 2 quality players. 

It's the not being sure that you're not that concerned.

Does this mean...

i) you're concerned

ii) you're not concerned

iii) you're not sure if you're concerned

iv) you're sure that you're not concerned

v) you're not sure if you're concerned or not

vi) another possibility not listed here

50 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Not sure what there is to mock. 

They potentially lose 4 quality players and gain 2 quality players. 

If they keep everybody and add Grealish & Kane, then yeah, huge concerns.

The crazy double-negative was mind blowing as SitM pointed out, but everyone does it from time to time as we rush through posts, so zero mockery was intended.

10 hours ago, Daisy said:

We seem to be the only club affected by covid. Every other club is splashing cash 

I can't sit in silence while such falsehoods are perpetuated.

There's a club in Kenya that had to make their groundsman part-time.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I can't sit in silence while such falsehoods are perpetuated.

There's a club in Kenya that had to make their groundsman part-time.

Everton are in Kenya?

2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

City have this mad idea about wanting two players for every position!

They can and will easily fit them both in to the same team. Both Grealish and Foden are cable of playing in other attacking positions. 

He still seems a bit of an odd signing, to me, but if money's no object why not, I suppose.

2 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

You can’t just blatantly steal my long thought out ideas as posted ABOVE, and not give me credit! Mbappe to Liverpool, Let’s Go!

On 30/03/2021 at 12:29, Aventus said:

I still reckon we'll get M'bappe, keep him for 3-4 years then sell him to Madrid. Whatever we pay for him Madrid will pay the same or more to us when we sell him, it's basically a free signing and the only cost will be wages for the duration of his contract. 

How dare you try to claim my original idea as your own, you heathen! 

1 hour ago, aws said:

They'll replace Silvia and Jesus by Kane and Grealish. And, barring  injuries, will be a lot stronger. 

City are shit at free kicks, and at this rate they're just going to win 30 free kicks each half and have no momentum. 

They will also all want to take up the same space, Kane drops deep, Grealish cuts in, as does Foden.  Sterling is their best incisive attacker, and he's likely to be benched a lot. 

If I had a grand to burn I'd put it on us to win the title at 5/1 or whatever we are.  We're a pressing machine and our best attacking players are fully fit for the first time in 12 months. 

I thought that first team v Bologna was amazing.  Mane was amazing. Energy everywhere.  And we've still got Thiago and Henderson to come. Amazing players. And this is pressing WITHOUT an Anfield crowd. God help our opponents. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

If we are not going to sign anyone we really need to get Origi and Shaqiri involved more. Shaqiri especially. Shaqiri would be a great option but his seeming inability to play any amount of games on the spin is incredible. Seems one of them players who is just to muscular to not be getting issues. But we will need both to be as sharp as possible to come in when needed. If that means Mane and Salah getting pulled after a hour with the game won then so be it.

33 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If we are not going to sign anyone we really need to get Origi and Shaqiri involved more. Shaqiri especially.

I'm a big Shaqiri fan, and Origi has delivered in big games for us, but maybe forwards who were outscored in the league by Alisson last season are never going to be the answer.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm a big Shaqiri fan, and Origi has delivered in big games for us, but maybe forwards who were outscored in the league by Alisson last season are never going to be the answer.

Agree but Origi got 182 mins of league action last year over 9 games so 20 mins a game

Not exactly going to be in any sort of match fitness or form. If he is to be the back up he needs minutes to try and play him into some sort of form,even if its the impact sub role. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/124688/Fixtures/Divock-Origi

The thoughts of having Oirgi as an option from the bench again this season is depressing. 

We lose first team players that contribute for nothing after their contracts run out like Can and Gini but Karius and Oirgi seem to be around forever - they must have the same agent as Markovic does