You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

8 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Kane is as equally injury prone as Keita. If (and it's a big if) City jib Bernardo Silva i think that will weaken them. I still think a Kane who's only fit for half a season would bag plenty of goals for them though. 

It just feels like kane is always injured because every time he picks up a slight knock the media go apeshit 

The sad thing is, now should be the time for us to go for Mbappe. Madrid are cash strapped, PSG need to accommodate Messi, he has less than 12 months on his contract etc. 

If we don't go for him now, then I genuinely have no idea why we've supposedly waited all this time and resources on meeting up with him? 

If he sees out the end of his contract at PSG, then he will go to Madrid next season. They will be in a much better position in 12 months time having got rid of Ramos, Bale and others. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Don't Grealish and Foden play in the same position? Isn't Foden a bit better? Pretty puzzled by it all, tbh.

City have this mad idea about wanting two players for every position!

They can and will easily fit them both in to the same team. Both Grealish and Foden are cable of playing in other attacking positions. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The sad thing is, now should be the time for us to go for Mbappe. Madrid are cash strapped, PSG need to accommodate Messi, he has less than 12 months on his contract etc. 

If we don't go for him now, then I genuinely have no idea why we've supposedly waited all this time and resources on meeting up with him? 

If he sees out the end of his contract at PSG, then he will go to Madrid next season. They will be in a much better position in 12 months time having got rid of Ramos, Bale and others. 

I agree. If we were ever going for Mbappe (and it’s a big if), this is the time. 

It’s a deal we’ll never lose money. We’ll be challenging for the CL before Real Madrid. If he’s that desperate for Madrid, let him use us as a stepping stone before Madrid like Ronaldo did. 

38 minutes ago, Aventus said:

He can go to Madrid in three years, we'll sign him first then sell him on for a profit. 

Moneyballs

10 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

You can’t just blatantly steal my long thought out ideas as posted ABOVE, and not give me credit! Mbappe to Liverpool, Let’s Go!

8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

They can and will easily fit them both in to the same team. Both Grealish and Foden are cable of playing in other attacking positions. 

If Citeh have to lose Silva, Jesus, Sterling & Mahrez to accommodate Grealish & Kane, I’m not sure I’m not that concerned.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

It will be interesting to see how they don't clutter up their midfield when Grealish , Foden and De Bruyne are on the pitch and particularly if they get Kane who plays deeper and deeper. 

City will play with a midfield of De Bruyne, Gundogan and Foden, and an attack of  Grealish, Kane and Sterling or Mahrez rotating. 

Bernarndo Silva and Jesus were pretty average last season. Adding Grealish and Kane to the City team takes them back up to that 95 to 100 point level they were at a few years ago. 

• Upvote 1