You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

What a fuck up by Barca.

Not much they could do after the fuck up by the previous board. The overspend and wages is fucking crazy. 

How the fuck do you sign a kid from Braga and give him 140k a week

Screenshot_20210805-191234_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210805-191244_Chrome.jpg

Probably not a bad thing for Barcelona. Managers will be able to manage, top players won't have to sacrifice themselves just for Messi, they can have an entire team of players running off the ball, and their wage bill has just had about 40% knocked off it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Not much they could do after the fuck up by the previous board. The overspend and wages is fucking crazy. 

How the fuck do you sign a kid from Braga and give him 140k a week

Screenshot_20210805-191234_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210805-191244_Chrome.jpg

If they’d resigned him before his contract ran out on 1st January, would that have been an issue?

Watching SSN, sounds like Barca are trying to get La Liga to bend over and sort it for them.

Given Neymar & Ronaldo have already left and the damage it does to the “La Liga Brand”, they might do.

Plus, they always bend over for Barca. 

6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Probably not a bad thing for Barcelona. Managers will be able to manage, top players won't have to sacrifice themselves just for Messi, they can have an entire team of players running off the ball, and their wage bill has just had about 40% knocked off it. 

A fair bit of Barcelona's sponsorship is is tied up in Messi playing for them. It sounds like they are pretty fucked either way. 

51 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Honestly i think its the best thing for them with the money situation what it is. Nearly 100ml saved on this alone. Shift Busquets,Pique Coutinho,Griezmann amd Umtiti for whatever you can get over the next year and you've freed up millions

You work for the Barcelona Echo, mate?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Horus said:

You work for the Barcelona Echo, mate?

Losing Messi on a free can save Barcelona millions. 

By Lee Gardiner

Barcelona do not see the need to go into the market again as they don't want to block Yussuf Demir path to the first team. 

By Lee Gardiner

Yusuff Demir: The Austrian Messi

You get the point. 

Read more at 

WWW.THEBARCELONAECHO.COM

• Upvote 3

To be fair we cant get anywhere near them financially so we do have to be smart. It's just if you think doing the absolute minimum consistently is smart. Weve proven we don't need to go bananas but i also think we've proven with Alisson and VVD that sometimes you've got to go big for the game changer. Our challengers are going big, we're still trying to pawn off squad fodder. Let the circular arguments keep racing.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

The worry is we turn into later day Wenger Arsenal, happy with 4th. You can see why they wanted a closed super league. 

This is our peak too.  Due to sitting on our hands, we’ve a transitional period coming in the not to distant future.

• Upvote 1

Cecil has been on Villa TV smoothing over Grealish with the fans. Not seen it but the hot takes on Villa forums are:

1. They’ve purchased three players to replace his output.

2. They didn’t think anyone in the UK would trigger his release clause but City did.

3. It was all Jack’s decision, not the club’s, so blame him.

1 hour ago, Baresi said:

He’s la liga’s most valuable commodity, they’ll find a way to resolve this. Preening quims.  

Listening to the BBC this afternoon they had a Spanish fellow on (whose name I didn't catch) saying that La Liga itself has signed some sort of agreement with an investment firm that will somehow channel 100 million pounds to Barca and allow them to keep Messi.

(No idea how accurate, and his English, though infinitely better than my Spanish, wasn't too consistent as to tense, so I'm not sure if this is a done deal, or a prospective deal.)

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Cecil has been on Villa TV smoothing over Grealish with the fans. Not seen it but the hot takes on Villa forums are:

1. They’ve purchased three players to replace his output.

2. They didn’t think anyone in the UK would trigger his release clause but City did.

3. It was all Jack’s decision, not the club’s, so blame him.

They've brought 6 players in, including two boss signings in Bailey and Ings. They will surely make a few more now. No need for them to be kicking off although I bet this fat twat is kicking off at something, probably his mum for only getting the one family bucket in for tea 

v7MrQfGyneq8kC3FEPvNtoLO00vcHrUA54ijsNoI

4 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Listening to the BBC this afternoon they had a Spanish fellow on (whose name I didn't catch) saying that La Liga itself has signed some sort of agreement with an investment firm that will somehow channel 100 million pounds to Barca and allow them to keep Messi.

(No idea how accurate, and his English, though infinitely better than my Spanish, wasn't too consistent as to tense, so I'm not sure if this is a done deal, or a prospective deal.)

Neither Barcelona or Real want the deal. The money will sign some of the clubs rights away as a investment firm would own 10% of laliga. The money also couldn't be spent on transfers