manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Next summer is being talked up. FFS. I heard that shit last year. 

We’re waiting for when the selling clubs are more financially secure before we swoop. 

I hope we don’t buy a midfielder to replace Gini. I’d like Curtis and Elliot to share the minutes there. 

Id like us to bring in a couple of young fast wingers / attacker who we can bring on as a threat from the bench or contribute from the start when the 2 lads are off to the afcon. The championship seems to have produced a few decent players the last few years. Like to see us find a couple of diamonds there. 

Hopefully we’re in the mix for landing Haaland next summer. Reckon he suits us a lot more than Mbappe would. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

How so? There's never been the slightest doubt in anyone's mind that it was all going to be funded by the Grealish sale.

Could they not just be spending some of the c£120m broadcasting money clubs get each year?

• Downvote 1

Think grealish suits them the way they play. If they get big dough in for Sterling or mahrez then he doesn’t look as expensive then.

Better value than £160m for Harry Kane though. He looks like he’s got the mobility of Ricky Lambert now and with his glass ankles could derail them with an early injury. 

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Grealish to city for a 100m seems absolutely hilarious to me. What have I missed? Fella’s been a championship player for bulk of his career.

I didn't get the hype around him initially, but he has gone up a level or two in the last 18 months to 2 years. 

He's not a 100 million pound player, I'd say he'd be in the 60/70 million pound level.

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Grealish to city for a 100m seems absolutely hilarious to me. What have I missed? Fella’s been a championship player for bulk of his career.

Maybe you missed large portions of last season where he was among, if not the best player in the league?

Sad as it is to say, if City get Grealish and Kane, they might not be our business next season. Barring some sort of disaster with finishing luck or injuries like we had last season, they could well be the best assembly of talent the league has ever seen. We might be competing with Chelsea and United for 2nd.

We could still be very good, get 85-90 points and conceivably finish 10 points back. I think we have a better chance of winning the Champions League next season than the league.

11 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I didn't get the hype around him initially, but he has gone up a level or two in the last 18 months to 2 years. 

He's not a 100 million pound player, I'd say he'd be in the 60/70 million pound level.

Was watching one of those season reviews the other day and didn’t realise how much he tore us to shreds in that 7-2. Gonna need him dealt with when we play them again

1 minute ago, andyj said:

if city wanted to offload Sterling for a reasonable price i think he would be a useful addition 

Although I’d be against it I reckon we’re the only club who could give him the fire in the belly to get back to the top. Going to Arsenal or Spurs isn’t gonna get him motivated for long and he doesn’t seem suited for the Spanish top 3. 

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Although I’d be against it I reckon we’re the only club who could give him the fire in the belly to get back to the top. Going to Arsenal or Spurs isn’t gonna get him motivated for long and he doesn’t seem suited for the Spanish top 3. 

my thoughts exactly mate I'm not his biggest fan either but could see him fitting in well 

I don't think Sterling would have the balls to come back here after the way he left. I don't think City will be looking to sell him though. Even if they get Grealish and Kane, they don't have many home grown players in their squad. 

Ward-Prowse would be a great signing for us. He’s Milner-seque in that he should have been at a bigger club earlier in his career. Good on free kicks too. 

• Upvote 1