manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

Just now, Lee909 said:

35/40ml for a lad that cant get double figures in a full season is nuts though. I could understand paying that for a 18-21 year old but this lad will be 25 soon so isn't a kid learning his trade. 

I watched a handful of West Ham games last season, and Antonio, Lingard and him always looked the likeliest. That compilation is a bit underwhelming though. If that’s 9 mins of his best plays from last season then yeah, Salah wouldn’t be losing any sleep over him taking his place. 

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I wouldn't want him starting ahead of Elliott.

Lol. Fair enough. I don’t know enough about either player.

18 hours ago, Thoth said:

Never gonna happen… the Scotsman in the Supermarket said only 2 players, and we have all agreed that info is solid gold 

I'll never talk to the cunt again.

10 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

The Grealish bid puts a slightly different slant on Villa's spending. 

How so? There's never been the slightest doubt in anyone's mind that it was all going to be funded by the Grealish sale.

3 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

How so? There's never been the slightest doubt in anyone's mind that it was all going to be funded by the Grealish sale.

Oh yes there has

7 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I think the opposite was suggested in a few FSG back-and-forths on here. 

City a side who can regularly hit 90 plus points adding Grealish and Kane is just grim. People keep saying Kane won't suit them I just think his positional sense is so good those balls they cut back from the byline will be like pudding for him. Regardless of what happens City, Chelsea and United I think will be stronger than they have been for years, well City more of the same money cheat football.

I’m feeling fairly confident for the season ahead. As I’m generally massively pessimistic, this is a peculiar state of affairs.

A couple of quality signings would be nice but, even without, I see no reason why we can’t be competitive.

Of course we’ll need better luck with injuries, but I think the squad we have now is capable of challenging. Add in the Klopp factor and the benefit a full Anfield can provide and I’m hopeful we can gather some cups in May. 

Let’s not concern ourselves with whatever those Manchester no marks or anyone else might do. We still have enough to put them all back in their boxes.  

• Upvote 2

Sign someone you tight bastards. It's bad enough they didn't strengthen after we won the CL and the league now it's just taking the piss. 

We will sign someone. Its early days.

Although klopp said he likes to get players in early I think the ones we do actually sign early are the players he is adamant we need. The later ones are we need them but will cope with out. I say this but i actually can't remember when we've signed any player other than Jota and Thiago being late oh and Fabinho being bang right after the champions league 

I think City and Chelsea will go fairly big this window. It's the perfect opportunity to splurge whilst Barcelona and Real Madrid can't really compete, financially. 

If City get Kane and Grealish then it again makes a mockery of the Premier League is the best, most competitive league in the world bollocks when one team can just buy the league season after season, with the odd exception. 

49 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

City a side who can regularly hit 90 plus points adding Grealish and Kane is just grim. People keep saying Kane won't suit them I just think his positional sense is so good those balls they cut back from the byline will be like pudding for him. Regardless of what happens City, Chelsea and United I think will be stronger than they have been for years, well City more of the same money cheat football.

Kane had the highest number of assists in the PL last season. In addition to being top scorer. He was also involved in a high number of other goals where he didnt get the goal or assist. He’s changed as a player and is now a brilliant creator as well as finisher.

Read somewhere that he was also was very high on clearances, and I’ve notes that he’s brilliant at defending set pieces.

He’ll improve City no doubt, main question mark is his ability to stay fit.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Might see some movement from Brighton for Nat Phillips now.

Fingers crossed and we can finally put the sales money to good use.

On 29/07/2021 at 09:29, Doctor Troy said:

Surely neiljonesgoal realises as much as we'd like to go big next summer, it will be impossible to get players to commit to the club when klopp only has 2 years left. By then we'll need to keep our powder dry to ensure we have a war chest for the new manager. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Wasn't Pep pleading poverty a few weeks ago? Anyway. looks like T-Rex's days are numbered.

What's gone on with sterling there? He seemed to be head boy till about 6 months ago, then they seem to have properly fallen out, he's certainly fallen out of favour. I'd have him back here, although I doubt we could afford him. 

25 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Kane had the highest number of assists in the PL last season. In addition to being top scorer. He was also involved in a high number of other goals where he didnt get the goal or assist. He’s changed as a player and is now a brilliant creator as well as finisher.

Read somewhere that he was also was very high on clearances, and I’ve notes that he’s brilliant at defending set pieces.

He’ll improve City no doubt, main question mark is his ability to stay fit.

His fitness (or lack of) is our only hope I think.