Jump to content
manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

Recommended Posts


Not the most inspiring of highlights admittedly but I can draw some positives:

1. He looks like he has serious pace

2. Like Mane and Salah, it looks like he enjoys physical battles against oppositions

3. He’s english therefore homegrown

4. He’s PL proven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aRdja said:


Not the most inspiring of highlights admittedly but I can draw some positives:

1. He looks like he has serious pace

2. Like Mane and Salah, it looks like he enjoys physical battles against oppositions

3. He’s english therefore homegrown

4. He’s PL proven

He’s hopefully not coming here.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever I’ve watched Bowen, which isn’t admittedly a lot, I’ve always thought he looked quite good. 
 

Whether that is good enough for us, I’ve no idea. 
 

He sets up some good chances in that video, I do wonder playing with better players would suit him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

 

Haaland, Mbappe, Pedri, Camavinga, Dybala & Goretzka for £65m combined.

Never gonna happen… the Scotsman in the Supermarket said only 2 players, and we have all agreed that info is solid gold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scored a lot of goals in the championship, but found them much harder to come by for west ham.

 

3 seasons for hull:

 

15 in 44

22 in 46

17 in 32

 

For west ham he has 9 in 53

 

This from his wikipedia page made me laugh...

 

Bowen has been compared to former Bayern Munich legend Arjen Robben through his footballing talent, with sports journalist Daniel Emery stating, "He is a budget Arjen Robben in the way that he plays. Championship defenders know exactly what he is going to do, but they simply cannot stop it. He gets the ball on the channel on the right and looks to cut inside onto his left foot and find the far corner. Despite it being his trademark move, defenders still struggle to prevent him from getting his shot off. Would Premier League defenders stifle him? It remains to be seen."[26]

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

But, but this weren't just any random Scotsman, well ok, he's never spoken to me before and no doubt whilst admiring my impeccable triceps noticed my Liver bird tattoo and thought he looks like an FSG asslicker I'll spin him a tale.

But hey, next time I'll keep it to myself.

A Scotsman in Turkey who would have thunk it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aRdja said:

 

4. He’s PL proven

 

He isn't premier league proven at all. Proven means you have shown you are good enough. Nothing we have seen of him shown him as anything but a middle of the road striker, he is 25 by the end of the year so not some young kid on his way up. 

 

58 games

9 goals

9 assists

Big chances missed 10

Big Chances Created 15

 

 

He is a winger with nearly 4 times as many defensive blocked a shots as goals

 

 

Premier league proven for us would mean you have shown you are good enough to make the step up, nothing about him has shown that. A hard working mid table winger, who only got shoved out to the wing because he wasn't cutting it up top

 

 

I have seen people trying to push Mane wasn't a star before we bought him, Mane had 22 goals and 11 assists in 67 games at Southampton. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve decided we should sign Florian Wirtz and Noni Madueke. This is based on tireless minutes of google and YouTube based analysis. I’m all in on these two guys and won’t rest until they’re leaning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, an tha said:

Poor man city likely to pay not far off 100m for Grealish and a similar amount for Kane it seems.

 

Surely not!

 

 

Don't forget the £50m they're gonna spend on a new full back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, an tha said:

Poor man city likely to pay not far off 100m for Grealish and a similar amount for Kane it seems.

 

Surely not!

 

 

But pep said they didn’t have the money, and I can’t believe he would say such a thing were it not true!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

 

He isn't premier league proven at all. Proven means you have shown you are good enough. Nothing we have seen of him shown him as anything but a middle of the road striker, he is 25 by the end of the year so not some young kid on his way up. 

 

58 games

9 goals

9 assists

Big chances missed 10

Big Chances Created 15

 

 

He is a winger with nearly 4 times as many defensive blocked a shots as goals

 

 

Premier league proven for us would mean you have shown you are good enough to make the step up, nothing about him has shown that. A hard working mid table winger, who only got shoved out to the wing because he wasn't cutting it up top

 

 

I have seen people trying to push Mane wasn't a star before we bought him, Mane had 22 goals and 11 assists in 67 games at Southampton. 

I see PL proven as someone who has proven his suitability to the league. We have seen time and again very good players like Morientes, Veron, Di Maria, Falcao, Crespo never settled because they weren’t suited to the demands of the PL, in particular the pace and the physicality. We know that Bowen is not at the level of the aforementioned players, but from what we’ve seen from last season, the demands of the league don’t faze him.

 

I’m always a supporter of letting talents move to smaller clubs to prove themselves,  and only then we snap them up and pay the premium. Like we did with Mane, Gini, Virge for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I see PL proven as someone who has proven his suitability to the league. We have seen time and again very good players like Morientes, Veron, Di Maria, Falcao, Crespo never settled because they weren’t suited to the demands of the PL, in particular the pace and the physicality. We know that Bowen is not at the level of the aforementioned players, but from what we’ve seen from last season, the demands of the league don’t faze him.

 

I’m always a supporter of letting talents move to smaller clubs to prove themselves,  and only then we snap them up and pay the premium. Like we did with Mane, Gini, Virge for example.

35/40ml for a lad that cant get double figures in a full season is nuts though. I could understand paying that for a 18-21 year old but this lad will be 25 soon so isn't a kid learning his trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×