manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

As he's moved abroad, we'll actually get a pittance of about 250 grand under UEFA rules, according to the Echo.

Well that’s a bit shit

With Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones we don’t exactly need a youth project for midfield and if we did I’m sure we’d have been in for Michael Olise. We probably want someone who falls in to the £35m/70k a week category. I won’t be surprised if we make a late play for Bissouma.

Breaking news.

Just spoke to a Red supporting jock in the local supermarket.

He told me we've just signed a player for 39 million and are signing another player for 90 million later today who Chelski can't afford.

He didn't know their names.

Just breaking good news.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

If we can't trust the word of a random Scotsman in a supermarket, then who can we trust?

That's a great point, I've based my life on random advice from strangers.

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We've got the best manager in the world, and we know we have him until 2024 (but almost certainly no longer). While I'm confident that even the current squad without the injuries we had last season will easily get 2nd (and possibly challenge for the title), this just seems such a wasted opportunity to pretty much guarantee success for the next 3 years.

39 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

If we can't trust the word of a random Scotsman in a supermarket, then who can we trust?

To be fair, he asked his wife and she didn't know their names either or I think that's what she said.

40 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The article also says if we're to buy it'll be a young talent with potential to improve, as per our recent model, and it'd be a major surprise we didn't add at least 1 player before the window closes.

IMO, an attacker is more urgently needed than a midfielder. 

It seems that our current model (barring a few exceptions) is mid twenties for a decent fee where we can be fairly sure of what we’re getting, or 16-17 year olds for the youth team.

We’re avoiding the expensive punts on 19-21 year old “next big things”.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Haaland, Mbappe, Pedri, Camavinga, Dybala & Goretzka for £65m combined.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not sure about the noise around Saúl Ñiguez - that Ñ at the start of his name is tricky to wrap your gob around. 

Not to mention the first name being pronounced something like Sa-oooooull

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Breaking news.

Just spoke to a Red supporting jock in the local supermarket.

He told me we've just signed a player for 39 million and are signing another player for 90 million later today who Chelski can't afford.

He didn't know their names.

Just breaking good news.

McItk

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

The transfer grim reaper James Pearce will probably shoot that one down later....

Contrary to claims by a random Scotsman in a supermarket, the Athletic understands that Liverpool won't be signing players for £39m and £90m respectively and there are currently no plans to sign anybody.

• Upvote 3

I see those shit slingers Graeme Kelly & Griz Khan are saying there is some truth in the rumours we want Chiesa.

I categorically don't see this coming off. Unfortunately. 

If you ignore the reported fee (c.€100m), he's on a 2 year loan with an obligation to buy from Fiorentina to Juventus, so fuck knows how we'd get round that.