manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

43 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently Liverpool have let Fulham defer the £12m until next season as they would have been investigated for FFP breaches if they had paid us this year.

So, that's next season's transfer budget sorted... 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently Liverpool have let Fulham defer the £12m until next season as they would have been investigated for FFP breaches if they had paid us this year.

Doesn’t really matter does it? I doubt they’d be paying us the £12m in one go anyway & likely spread over instalments. So instead of 4 instalments of £3m, we’ll get 3 instalments of £4m. Or something. 

14 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The home grown rule is simple

Sell

Karius,Adrian,Shaqiri,Origi,Keita, Miamino

Sign

Bellingham,Grealish,Ryan Gravenberch and Haaland. 

Easy this, not sure why Edwards gets paid so much 

I know your post in jest but I have a feeling Bellingham is the one we are after. Not saying what year mind thinking he will suit our needs come the time . 

55 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Think that was more to do with not being able to get the transfer paperwork over the line before the deadline.

But has he actually left us permanently now and we're just letting them not pay cash till next season? I don't know how championship ffp works, but I don't think it would help if it was UEFA ffp if the move was permanent now. That just becomes a cashflow issue. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

But has he actually left us permanently now and we're just letting them not pay cash till next season? I don't know how championship ffp works, but I don't think it would help if it was UEFA ffp if the move was permanent now. That just becomes a cashflow issue. 

BBC reporting on their Welsh language site that he has actually signed for them until 2026. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's gone.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/438856-harry-wilson-completes-transfer-to-fulham

Don't know how true deferring the fee is or of course how that impacts our pot we are building from sales to use to buy.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Football Italia have just let me know we have had a 100 mil bid for Chiesa knocked back.

Juve himself have loaned him from Fiorentina so I don't understand how they are saying we bid to Juve.

33 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Juve himself have loaned him from Fiorentina so I don't understand how they are saying we bid to Juve.

Juve have an obligation to buy after next season.  We’ve not bid for him anyway.

4 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

At least we aggressively monitored him. Can Dortmund say the same? I think not.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

If we don’t sign Michael Laudrup this summer, I’ll be mildly irritated.  

He'd probably be more useful than Keita and Origi even in his mid fifties. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Brighton - Apart from not budging on their 50million valuation for Ben White and forcing Arsenal to cough it up, they also have a sell-on clause included. 

Has that deal been agreed yet? Seems to be dragging on like one of our protracted summer transfers. 

12 hours ago, clockspeed said:

I know your post in jest but I have a feeling Bellingham is the one we are after. Not saying what year mind thinking he will suit our needs come the time . 

I know what you mean but I thought this about Sancho (I thought we'd let United/City/PSG/Chelsea battle it out for Mbappe and Haaland while we scooped up a player almost as good for half the money) and am now bitterly disappointed.

Dortmund, to be fair to them, rarely sell for less than top value. I suspect Bellingham will have one more really good year there and then go to one of those four clubs for 100m.

So we need outgoings for funds, then too many overseas players. Shaqiri, Origi and Minamino can’t sell? Loan them they offer very little anyway. We need to unload them? Let the world know they’ll offer low fees because we are desperate?