You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

This summer will probably be the most infuriating yet for most people. Just can't see that high of a turnover and given we're likely not winning the title or Champions League, people will want to see signings and changes that will likely not happen. 

ec6b9ffa3f071e1b90bacddd3bd12fbb.gif

I think it could be a quiet summer of mainly outs. Gini leaves, Origi, Shaq, Minomina, Wilson, Grujic and Adrian very likely surplus to requirements. If Kabak shows his worth, we'll probably sign him permo.

By the summer, Virgil and Matip will be recovered with Joe very close. Would be majorly surprised if we signed another cb unless one of Matip or Joe leaves especially after his comments about Matip being fit for next season.

I could possibly see Sadio angling for a move but I think he, like Mo will end up frustrated as I cannot see anyone having the £150m+ available to buy. Depends how Bobby fares for the remainder of the season whether Jurgen decides to sacrifice him for another striker.

41 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Speaking of which, 10 years here for Hendo this summer. Probably have one when they can fill the ground again and give all the funds to the NHS, knowing him.

It would only be fair considering all the business we throw Bupa's way.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Would be a shame to see Shaq leave, I don't think he has been used enough but when he has, he's done well

I agree. I dont think Jurgen sees enough defensive work from him though. Never forget him being subbed off at half time against Southampton after scoring and we were 2-0 up!

12 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think at least one of the big three attackers will go

Yeah. Looking at the best forward partnerships they usually only get 2 or 3 years together. We've done well keeping them together as long as we have. 

The main thing though is they are extremely similar in age, all three born a few months apart, they can't play forever and it's going to be a shock to replace two or all three at once, especially considering the depreciation of their potential sale prices. 

I'll be sad, but I think it's time to start thinking about the future. 

• Upvote 1

We'll sell only what we need to sell in order the fund the players Klopp wants brought in.

It's been the same Modus Operandi for 4 years.

Any one who isn't a first team regular will be considered sellable in my opinion.

The list will include both Williams's, Tsimikas, Ben Davies (yes, him), Oxlade, Shaq, Origi and all the ones out on loan currently.

This Bakak fella will go back to Schalke too, in all probability. We made bids for 2 others of similar age, but refused to buy him for what would have been the cheapest deal of the 3.

I think Klopp will be stubborn about Keita. Especially with Gini leaving and no one able to cover anything like a fee we'd consider selling at.

Overall, the impact of Covid is going to harm us with sales, I reckon. It certainly did last summer with Wilson and Grujic.

Next season.

Allison, Kelleher, Experience keeper?

Van Dijk, Gomes, Matip, Davies, Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Tsimikas,

N.Williams, Top centre back?

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Jones, Keita, Two midfielders?

Salah, Mane, Jota, Firmino, Elliott, Striker?

Get what we can for Grujic, Wilson, Shaqiri, Origi, Awoniyi, Chamberlain etc etc.

We won’t get enough for Matip or Keita to sell in my opinion. Minamino???Wijnaldum and Milner on frees.

Can we sell them? Can we get far better in? Good luck Michael & Jurgen and pull your fingers out FSG. We must get CL. Oh that it should come to this!

Season of bad luck, bad officiating, bad performances and lack of foresight.

Think we’re all just so frustrated and deflated. 

We need a clearout of late Houllier/Rafa proportions.

I reckon Matip is finished here, he's a joke physically. 

Chamberlain, Minamino, Keita, all useless. Origi shite.

Surely Milner is past it now too.

We need a number 2 goalie, two centre backs, maybe one if another of these new lads works out. Another attacker and another holding player, maybe a young lad. That's the shopping list.

I reckon we'll flog Salah and get haaland. We'll send kabak back and flog Davies. They'll be replaced by a decent centre half with the money left over from the Salah/haaland deal. Gini will go and not be replaced. Origi will go and will be replaced by bunhead. VVD and Joe Gomez will be like new signings. We'll make a trading profit and be told how clever we are and if there's any fan dissent, we'll be shown some pictures of the 1st summer at the AXA training centre and we might get some new pictures of the Anny Road. 

How's everyone so sure Kabak is going back? Firstly, we were linked to him for ages so there's a good chance we rate him right off the bat and the loan with option is because it's simply the best financial move for us. Secondly, he hasn't played a game yet. Him, or Davies for that matter, have the profile of 4th CB options. Also, Matip isn't going, we know this already.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

That Bissouma at Brighton is quality. Completely bossed our midfield. Would be pleased if he arrived this summer. 

Completely bossed our makeshift midfield.

Hendo and Fabinho would have soon put a stop to his shenanigins 

17 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

How's everyone so sure Kabak is going back? Firstly, we were linked to him for ages so there's a good chance we rate him right off the bat and the loan with option is because it's simply the best financial move for us. Secondly, he hasn't played a game yet. Him, or Davies for that matter, have the profile of 4th CB options. Also, Matip isn't going, we know this already.

Because we were bidding for other defenders before hand and couldn't get them over the line.