You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

We'd be left with a pretty shit team if we follow your recommendation mate. No way in this world is sell either Allison, Mane or Salah to be honest I'd don't think they'd ask to leave it's not like they were CL regulars before they came to us. As for Origi Tsimikas and the likes we should listen to offers but not bite clubs hand off don't forget we need squad players who can do a job when asked what can you replace these with for the money you'd get for them? Would they be any better and would they sit on the bench week in week out if not then no point in going like for like.

26 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It's not nailed on that the CL will be back to normal next season, I think it's highly likely to be beset by logistical problems due to Covid. For that reason, I'm not arsed about qualifying for it this year. 

As for the money, well that's a test of FSGs mettle. We'll soon know if they're friend or foe. 

As for players, I think the sell is simple, "we will win the PL and FA Cup".  Which we would, with no CL distraction. 

I'd sell Alisson, Firmino, Tsimikas, Matip, Origi, and Salah. 

I don't see Salah sticking around with no CL.  May even extend to Mane, but it's a cunts trick, player 1 gets sold for £xxm but player 2 gets sold for more, as we don't need to sell player 2 but we get our arm twisted. 

Alisson, meh, if someone wants to offer us our money back then I think we take it.  He looks freezing most of the year. 

Matip is done,.time to cash in while people still see a good defender there for £20m. 

Firmino, fuck me, if we get an offer of £20m I'd be very happy and surprised. 

Origi and Tsimikas need firing into the sun.  

I'd pursue Bissouma, Lamptey, Eze, Adama Traore, Soucek, see what's what.  

Then the big money signings, the potential big fish like Grealish, that needs a case by case approach.  

Wes Fofana

Jack Grealish

Erling Haaland

Kylian Mbappe

Jadon Sancho

Have at it.  Personally I'd like to see Sancho and I don't think the others are attainable.  

There are free-scoring lower level players put there, like Giorgos Giakoumakis, Donyell Malen, Paul Onuachu, Patson Daka, Andre Silva, Thomas Henry, Jean Pierre Nsame, etc. 

I'll have 2 pints of what you've been drinking, thanks. It's clearly strong stuff and should put me in a warm fuzzy place, not quite pissed but just enough not to really care about the rest of the weekend.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, waddy78 said:

We'd be left with a pretty shit team if we follow your recommendation mate. No way in this world is sell either Allison, Mane or Salah to be honest I'd don't think they'd ask to leave it's not like they were CL regulars before they came to us. As for Origi Tsimikas and the likes we should listen to offers but not bite clubs hand off don't forget we need squad players who can do a job when asked what can you replace these with for the money you'd get for them? Would they be any better and would they sit on the bench week in week out if not then no point in going like for like.

I think you have to have a degree of realism about how bad this season is, and the profile of the players we have, their age, and how long they've been here. 

I don't think Salah and Mane think they owe this club anything.  Bought for a combined £70m, they've won everything with us, scored a combined 210 goals, and when we sell them they'll still make us a profit of £120m+ even in pandemic economic times.  

I think both players will agitate to move this summer.  It's just the right time, the likes of Madrid and Barca are rebuilding, with PSG, Man City, and Bayern also looking for a striker.  Their names will come up.  Our situation will come up. 

At that point, it's about knock-on effects of the sale(s).

Alisson may well also be targeted by Madrid.  

Barca may come calling for Thiago to kick start their revival.

There may be CL clauses in many player contracts, perhaps a sale amount set if we don't qualify, or a clause where we have to accept a bid from a CL club.  

Missing out on the top 4 is going to fuck us come the summer.

This squad desperately needs a rebuild. The centre backs coming back won’t fix the issues in the attack or the lack of goals and assists in the midfield. 

There’s been some fantastic servants for the club who have reached their sell by dates but the world stingiest owners and no CL makes it unlikely we’ll be able

to challenge for a while. 

14 minutes ago, KevieG said:

We don't spend when we make the champions league anyway. We don't even spend when we win it. 

Hopefully these incentive based contracts kick in in reverse for a few lads

Yep, if the Echo ran a story saying we got a £100m a year shirt sponsor and record revenue from Nike, there would be a story the next day saying how the club are planning no significant changes to the squad.

1 hour ago, Crazy Dave said:

Missing out on the top 4 is going to fuck us come the summer.

This squad desperately needs a rebuild. The centre backs coming back won’t fix the issues in the attack or the lack of goals and assists in the midfield. 

There’s been some fantastic servants for the club who have reached their sell by dates but the world stingiest owners and no CL makes it unlikely we’ll be able

to challenge for a while. 

I don't think it needs a rebuild. I still think we need 3 signings. Right through the spine of the team. A top class centre back signed to be VVDs partner. And a midfielder and an attacker with similar age/profile of Jota. The trouble is, we won't do even that without selling a star and we'll already be Gini down and milner has his 133rd birthday next season. 

Allison

TAA  VVD ..... Robertson

Fabinho Thiago/Henderson .....

Salah Jota Mane

Kelleher, Davies, Matip,Gomez, Tsimikas, Jones, Keita, Milner, Thiago/Henderson,

Elliott, Firmino, Minamino, .....

Add some of the kids and sell some dross. Don’t think he will get rid of Keita or Firmino yet.

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

I would play Phillips and Davies against Sheffield United. Hopefully Fabinho isn't too far away either.

I would definitely play Phillips. As daft as it sounds I kind of enjoy watching him trying to head everything. I'm hoping there's a player in kabak still, although that's looking unlikely - or certainly where this season is concerned, he doesn't look equipped for this level at this point in time.