manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

excellent thread on how not to blow money on more shite year after year 

Pretty spectacular fuck up.

7 minutes ago, Red74 said:

excellent thread on how not to blow money on more shite year after year 

Given he’s currently a free agent, what about Messi?

Cautionary tale of consistently trying to appease the unrealistic expectations of an entitled fanbase.

• Upvote 6

FSG where spot on with the incentive based contracts. We’d have been in admin now if we’d have had a load of shite on contracts like theirs.

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

200k. sounds like a coutinho sized problem. or does coutinho just get them to not being above it? 

Think it should be £200 mill

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

Also a cautionary tale of how badly transfer flops can hurt even an incredibly rich club. Our hit rate over the past few seasons has been so good.

Yes, this is the truth.

They've bought utter utter shite and paid them loads of money. It hasn't come from fan pressure/expectations at all.

• Upvote 1

Yep it’s 200m according to the article I was sent on whatsapp, mental they are in this position. If only united could tank like this.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

200k. sounds like a coutinho sized problem. or does coutinho just get them to not being above it? 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Think it should be £200 mill

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Cautionary tale of consistently trying to appease the unrealistic expectations of an entitled fanbase.

The folly of expecting them to spend as much as Brighton and Villa has really caught up to them at last. The fans only have themselves to blame for their entitled shit.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Given he’s currently a free agent, what about Messi?

Supposedly taking a 50% pay cut just to get them to this position. Which is still, no doubt, some ridiculous amount.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, this is the truth.

They've bought utter utter shite and paid them loads of money. It hasn't come from fan pressure/expectations at all.

#FreeCoutinho

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Horus said:

The folly of expecting them to spend as much as Brighton and Villa has really caught up to them at last. The fans only have themselves to blame for their entitled shit.

Villa and Brighton? Dear fucking god. I really think some of our fan base look on at their neighbour buying a brand new car and think they have to go out and get one just to keep up.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Villa and Brighton? Dear fucking god. I really think some of our fan base look on at their neighbour buying a brand new car and think they have to go out and get one just to keep up.

I've actually given some pretty in-depth opinions in the last few pages, but sometimes you see a post that doesn't deserve the seriousness. 

5 minutes ago, Horus said:

I've actually given some pretty in-depth opinions in the last few pages, but sometimes you see a post that doesn't deserve the seriousness. 

Ive read them.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Ive read them.

Congrats. You could have replied to any them, but you chose my obviously flippant reply. Weird, but ok.

18 minutes ago, Horus said:

Not sure how much Barcelona hold up Brighton and Hove Albion as a comparator tbh 

Just now, Horus said:

Congrats. You could have replied to any them, but you chose my obviously flippant reply. Weird, but ok.

That depends on ones opinion of in depth and flippant replies. The same vein runs through them all, few facts and substance but lots of supposition.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dockers_strike said:

That depends on ones opinion of in depth and flippant replies. The same vein runs through them all, few facts and substance but lots of supposition.

On a forum? Of all places?

If you'd pointed out all the things you disagreed with, and we could have had a conversation. Howie disagreed with me, but he didn't' see the need to act a complete cunt. Be more like Howie.

• Upvote 3