You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

20/21 28 games 4 goals 9 assists

2019/20 44 games 20 goals 20 assists

2018/19 43 games 12 goals 20 assists 

The lad isn't 21 until March, its hardly hype 85 goal/assists in his first 115 games 

I love Sancho. Only issue with him is physicality. Can he help out defensively, can he make the high intensity sprints all game, does he have that desire. Otherwise, yeah, people sleep on him a bit given the stats he's put up at his age. A real case of "if his name was Sanchinho". 

18 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

20/21 28 games 4 goals 9 assists

2019/20 44 games 20 goals 20 assists

2018/19 43 games 12 goals 20 assists 

The lad isn't 21 until March, its hardly hype 85 goal/assists in his first 115 games 

Fair enough mate but he's still shite fuck him. 

2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

My concern with signing players from the Bundesliga is the amount of players that have looked outstanding in that league and then struggled in England in recent years. Off the top of my head there's Werner, Havertz, Haller, Keita, Karius and even Thiago doesn't look as effective.

Sane is an exception to that list, but it seems like players from the Bundesliga do seem to struggle over here more often than not.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mpdpzhbvbuv6wavkjo

Interested to see who the new centre back is going to be.

The smart money looks to be on Konate at Leipzig, but I wonder whether his injury history means we have to look elsewhere given we'll still have Gomez and Matip in the squad next season. 

Heard Konsa mentioned but he's not the tallest CB, same with Ben White. David Carmo was the one "ITK's" were spouting about, but he's got a long-term injury. That leaves tenuous links with the likes of Botman, Caleta-Car etc. 

Hope we don't fuck about with this signing. Every chance this player begins next season in the starting eleven given VVD and Gomez are coming back from long-term serious injury and Matip will never be reliable. 

We surely have to bring 2 centre halves in - unless we keep Kabak then we need another 1.

Matip simply can't be trusted and it would be stupidity to think he can.

We can't go with 3 again....and we can't go with 4 and one of them Matip because he is so unreliable - we have to learn the harsh lessons of this season....to not do so would be negligent.

Matip is a good player, but he has to be shipped out and we have to have 4 proper centre halves. 

If we decide Kabak is one, fine - we then need 1 more - preferably one who is able to challenge Gomez for a starting place...even better make a good claim for being VVD's long term partner/replacement.

Gomez is hardly what you would call reliable either to be fair, him being number 3 next year behind VVD and a quality new recruit might be best.

Kabak No.4 if we keep him.

14 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

Interested to see who the new centre back is going to be.

The smart money looks to be on Konate at Leipzig, but I wonder whether his injury history means we have to look elsewhere given we'll still have Gomez and Matip in the squad next season. 

Heard Konsa mentioned but he's not the tallest CB, same with Ben White. David Carmo was the one "ITK's" were spouting about, but he's got a long-term injury. That leaves tenuous links with the likes of Botman, Caleta-Car etc. 

Hope we don't fuck about with this signing. Every chance this player begins next season in the starting eleven given VVD and Gomez are coming back from long-term serious injury and Matip will never be reliable. 

Would RBL really want to sell another centre back when they've just lost upameccano? Unless he has a release clause, I don't see us being able to pry him away. 

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Gomez won't stick around if he doesn't play. Honestly I think it'll be one CB. If Kabak plays well it's probably him Amd likely Virg, Gomez, Kabak and Matip as the 4 with youth players and Fabinho as emergency options. 

This. Plus either Davies or Nat as the fifth for extra insurance. Rhys out on loan. 

21 hours ago, Red74 said:

If we only bought one player this summer I’d get that Haaland on lock right now. Everything in his locker this kid and would suit us perfectly for years. Easy to build a team round as he can do the lot. 

Someone posted on here last week that he’s followed him for years and he’s shite. Must have been his dad he was talking about 

Haaland at 20 years of age is already one of the best strikers around.

But I dont agree he’s got everything in his locker. First and foremost he is extremely good at his runs in behind the defence and his finishing. Also his pace is extreme.

His close control and abilities in small spaces, one on one and in combination play, however is far from world class. Also despite his size he’s average at best in the air.

On the counter he’s by some distance the best attacker in the world I reckon. But he’s far from a complete attacker.

Big question is how effective he’d be in a team that constantly faces a low block. He’ll score goals anyway, for sure, but may not be best suited in such a setup.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

But I dont agree he’s got everything in his locker. First and foremost he is extremely good at his runs in behind the defence and his finishing. Also his pace is extreme.

His close control and abilities in small spaces, one on one and in combination play, however is far from world class. Also despite his size he’s average at best in the air.

On the counter he’s by some distance the best attacker in the world I reckon. But he’s far from a complete attacker.

Big question is how effective he’d be in a team that constantly faces a low block. He’ll score goals anyway, for sure, but may not be best suited in such a setup.

When he’s not creating goals for himself, the kid busts a gut to get in the box and on the end of everything that comes in whereas our current no 9 will do everything he can to avoid going anywhere near the oppositions 18 yard line for us. 

6 minutes ago, Red74 said:

When he’s not creating goals for himself, the kid busts a gut to get in the box and on the end of everything that comes in whereas our current no 9 will do everything he can to avoid going anywhere near the oppositions 18 yard line for us. 

That's probably the main reason he has been so prolific. He constantly gets into goalscoring positions whether or not he and/or his team are playing well.

10 minutes ago, Trumo said:

That's probably the main reason he has been so prolific. He constantly gets into goalscoring positions whether or not he and/or his team are playing well.

These players live to score. He’s a massive threat for 90 minutes and you can see he’s only going to get better with experience. 

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

So your saying he shouldn't play for a good team in case he faces a low block. 

Hmmmmm do you think all teams go out and attack dortmand. Go toe to toe with a team than boast 2 of the quickest and best young attackers currently in Europe?