You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Salah and Mane in May 2022

841-02916920en_Masterfile.jpg

I don’t get this. Jota is as good a rotation option as you can find in the league. The alternative to Bobby is Divock Origi, and Bobby himself hasn’t been great since the season we won the CL. We need a centre forward far more than we do a wide player.

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I don’t get this. Jota is as good a rotation option as you can find in the league. The alternative to Bobby is Divock Origi, and Bobby himself hasn’t been great since the season we won the CL. We need a centre forward far more than we do a wide player.

Agreed.  Replace Origi with someone good and we're in good shape up top.

Same with midfield, swap Keita out for someone who is what we expected Keita to be. 

• Upvote 1

My gut feeling is that we sign two more first team quality players and maybe do a deal with Ajax for their young midfielder to come in a year. I haven't a clue who we will sign for next season, because it will be a Jota or Fabinho job I reckon. 

Regarding Sancho, he would have walked to us I reckon. It was such a classic Manc signing though. Very talented lad and should become world class. However, the kind of signing that could cause agro there with guys like Pogba and Fernandes plus others demanding to know why he is earning more than them. Far better player than Pogba imo but Paul Pogba sees himself as the best midfielder in the world. That's why we didn't sign him. How could you make him the biggest earner here with lads like Virgil, Sadio or Mo winning the biggest trophies while Sancho has just been a very exciting talent.

Not saying we will sign Mbappe, but I don't think it is completely left of field. A good business signing that pays for itself and sell him to Real in a few years time. Americans love their big star to build a brand around. A player that you could break a wage structure for and our top players won't ask questions because nobody can question him getting those kind of wages. 

Konate and two more 1st team level players would be a good summer and that's what I expect us to get.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

When are people going to wake up to these fucking shysters running our Club? They have no intent on being competitive as long as we come in the top 4 and keep that Champions League Money rolling in.

Origi should have been fucked off ages ago, the fact that the Club seem happy to keep him speaks volumes. Both him and Adrian are a waste of resources but crucially, mean FSG are justified in not spending any more money to replace them.

A few weeks back there was talk of a disastrous summer without top four now we have top four and nothing has changed. I guess Konate in, is because of the CL qualification.

I hate these fuckers with every fibre of my being, when Jurgen goes we are well and truly fucked. It will be like Jan to March but more regular with their penny pinching and lack of investment in the playing squad. Cunts the lot of them.

• Upvote 2